• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: "Jim Ryan has been a great contributor to our industry"

Brigandier

Some people on here are way too invested in these CEOs and what they do and and don't say...

It was a nice and respectful thing to say from one very successful competitive player to another in the same industry and some of the reactions 🤣

So many venomous hissing snakes...

Here have a Van Damme punch:

Knock Out Work GIF

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Some people on here are way too invested in these CEOs and what they do and and don't say...

It was a nice and respectful thing to say from one very successful competitive player to another in the same industry and some of the reactions 🤣

So many venomous hissing snakes...

Here have a Van Damme punch:

Knock Out Work GIF
You get my vote for new addition to the mod team lol

Last edited:

Aces High

It's a thread about a CEO commenting on another CEO. What did you expect people will talk about in here?

There's two possibilities:

1. Maybe reduce the countless "Phil Spencer said" threads to one single Phil Spencer OT

or

2. Just accept that this is not an echo chamber and that users can state their opinion freely even it is not in favor of the CEO of a multibillion dollar business

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
One crud guy complimenting the orther I hopes Xbox gets a new boss to what in the Phil only talks bad behind peoples backs he is shame for Xbox my friends

Roberts

Will he ever shut up
Grab a coffee, sit down, relax while I give him a call and tell him: "X-wing wants you to shut up. Do it now!" Can't promise anything, though.

Edit: He was a bit pissed off I woke him up. But then he asked: "Is it the X-wing Jek Tono Porkins was riding?" Is it?

Last edited:

Brigandier

It's a thread about a CEO commenting on another CEO. What did you expect people will talk about in here?

There's two possibilities:

1. Maybe reduce the countless "Phil Spencer said" threads to one single Phil Spencer OT

or

2. Just accept that this is not an echo chamber and that users can state their opinion freely even it is not in favor of the CEO of a multibillion dollar business

It does get tiresome when a simple quote gets turned into sinister plots and insults and just general hate after year and years of reading it from both sides.

Instead of getting butthurt or triggered I see the funny side and post silly shit like the snake gif is there a problem with that?

Also please show me in my post where I said people can't post their opinions.

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

Fabieter

Wow the comments here, kinda understand why people call NeoGAF : SonyGAF, I've been here since like 15 years but wow it becomes out of control. The man here is just doing his job nothing more.

Well its a bit annoying that he needs to put everything in a PR spin. If he feels that way make a call and tell jim that at least on a phone instead of try to do this into a pr win. Its dishonest and one reason so many people don't like him.

Ozriel

M$FT
Well its a bit annoying that he needs to put everything in a PR spin. If he feels that way make a call and tell jim that at least on a phone instead of try to do this into a pr win. Its dishonest and one reason so many people don't like him.

How does any of this translate to a ‘PR win’? Ryan would do the same if it was Spencer retiring. His counterpart retiring is an infrequent occurrence, and it’s crazy weird to read anything into it.

You think people are going “Spencer said something nice about Ryan so I’m going to buy an Xbox”?

Fabieter

How does any of this translate to a ‘PR win’? Ryan would do the same if it was Spencer retiring. His counterpart retiring is an infrequent occurrence, and it’s crazy weird to read anything into it.

You think people are going “Spencer said something nice about Ryan so I’m going to buy an Xbox”?

Ryan didn't interact with social media at all so I don't know where you at.

No but its for the nice guy personality some people have him like a hero or something.

Ozriel

M$FT
Ryan didn't interact with social media at all so I don't know where you at.

Two different leaders, different personalities. Neither of them has to be modeled on the other

Spencer also sent similar messages when Reggie retired from Nintendo, as did Shawn Layden, the then PlayStation boss

CGpqIA2.jpg

For some strange reason, none of you got really upset then

No but its for the nice guy personality some people have him like a hero or something.

Easily counterbalanced here by the sheer number of folks who have him as Belzeebub or something 😂

Fuck Ryan and Phil equally. Both gaming cancer, solely interested in monopoly building, chasing anti-consumer trends like GAAS and DRM, instead of focusing on making great games and platforms with proper respect for the medium.

Last edited:

Fabieter

Two different leaders, different personalities. Neither of them has to be modeled on the other

Spencer also sent similar messages when Reggie retired from Nintendo, as did Shawn Layden, the then PlayStation boss

CGpqIA2.jpg

Easily counterbalanced here by the sheer number of folks who have him as Belzeebub or something 😂

Maybe the difference is that other leaders don't talk on any possibilty. Well I dont think the last part is true. No one should ever romanticize any executive. So no thinking of a cooperation as a hero is stupid.

StueyDuck

Ah ffs Phil just shut up already, the good guy, best friend act has already been shattered.

Who told these MS execs they should be speaking all the time.

Just shut the fuck up, go get your games made. Easy

GHG

CGpqIA2.jpg

When did Reggie ever slander and lie about Layden in public?

Tams

It's a nice, but expected gesture of him.

The problem is .. Phil has opened his gob so much that even for this people are telling him to STFU.

GHG

Phil Spencer publicly slandered Jim Ryan?

Are you joking? Phil has constantly been in the press bad mouthing Playstation and their business strategies since the turn of the generation.

When someone has to come out in public in order to "set the record straight" what do you think is going on?

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

CGpqIA2.jpg

LOL look at Shawns virtue signalling with his flags while he’s working for tencent.

Selective outrage is in full effect

Hudo

Are you joking? Phil has constantly been in the press bad mouthing Playstation and their business strategies since the turn of the generation.

When someone has to come out in public in order to "set the record straight" what do you think is going on?
can you give some examples?

GHG

can you give some examples?

And here is what I referenced regarding "setting the record straight":

The guy would have been better off staying silent on an individual level and letting Xbox PR handle it.

Last edited:

CGpqIA2.jpg

Maybe because we have threads every five minutes when Phil does something.

I'm sure there's a thread for every time he tweets something. It's almost a meme at this point.
People rolling their eyes at something or someone is a natural reaction, when said person is being shoved in their face constantly.

Hudo

And here is what I referenced regarding "setting the record straight":

The guy would have been better off staying silent on an individual level and letting Xbox PR handle it.
Thanks!

Ozriel

M$FT

You cannot be serious 😂
He’s EVP of gaming at Microsoft and head of Xbox. PlayStation are rivals. So is Nintendo. They’ll compete.

That’s a whole lot different from “Spencer hates Ryan and consistently slanders him”.

PlayStation =/= Jim Ryan.
Xbox =/= Phil Spencer

Top Bottom