• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: "Jim Ryan has been a great contributor to our industry"

Trekinspace88

Neo Member
With Jim Ryan gone can we now get rid of Phil Spencer too? Both guys don't understand what gamers truly want and are both just guys in suits and both PlayStation and Xbox need leaders who actually care for games as Jim and Phil don't care for games.

GHG

You cannot be serious 😂
He’s EVP of gaming at Microsoft and head of Xbox. PlayStation are rivals. So is Nintendo. They’ll compete.

That’s a whole lot different from “Spencer hates Ryan and consistently slanders him”.

PlayStation =/= Jim Ryan.
Xbox =/= Phil Spencer

Nobody is saying these companies won't and don't compete. Try again.

I'd like you to show me when and where Reggie ever bad mouthed his competitors in public.

Ozriel

M$FT
Maybe because we have threads every five minutes when Phil does something.

I'm sure there's a thread for every time he tweets something. It's almost a meme at this point.
People rolling their eyes at something or someone is a natural reaction, when said person is being shoved in their face constantly.

I mean, the majority of the threads aren’t complimentary, and I’m not sure Microsoft PR is paying people here to lift his tweets and turn them into threads.

Threads that many of those who claim to hate hearing from him enthusiastically contribute to.

With Jim Ryan gone can we now get rid of Phil Spencer too? Both guys don't understand what gamers truly want and are both just guys in suits and both PlayStation and Xbox need leaders who actually care for games as Jim and Phil don't care for games.
Phil Spencer. The guy who plays an embarrassing number of hours in Destiny and holds staff meetings inside Elder Scrolls Online doesn’t actually play games?

Get real

Fuck Ryan and Phil equally. Both gaming cancer, solely interested in monopoly building, chasing anti-consumer trends like GAAS and DRM, instead of focusing on making great games and platforms with proper respect for the medium.
Oh yes they should just stick to cookie cutter third person cinematic games. That make no money beyond month two. Where GaaS can actually fund those cookie cutter games you desire. Go touch grass.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Phil Spencer should start his YouTube channel at this point.
GAF would make it a huge channel I'm sure. Could just leave a camera running in his house.

"Phil just brushed his teeth. Here's 20 pics"
"Phil wrote an email to someone. I analyzed the audio and heard 316 keystrokes. Acquisition!?"
"Phil went to bed at 830 PM tonight instead of 9PM. Big announcement tomorrow!?"

King Dazzar

Phil Spencer. The guy who plays an embarrassing number of hours in Destiny and holds staff meetings inside Elder Scrolls Online doesn’t actually play games?

Get real
Yeah, but he also said Crackdown 3 was great and allowed Redfail out the door with its trousers still around its ankles. Anyone can pick up a controller.

mejin

business-fraud.jpg

saintjules

So what? Who gives a shit about what Phil has said about Jim Ryan? Is there going to be a new thread for everything he does? ‘Phil Spencer took a shit this morning but didn’t flush.’

Yes. Unfortunately there will be multiple threads that represent each paragraph from the main article.

I wonder, EviLore EviLore is there a way to mitigate threads like that?

Last edited:

BbMajor7th

Can UNCLE PHIL even compete with COUSIN ERIC youngness charisma? A man who is a True Gamer Like Us ™️ ?

TOofQql.jpg

You better watch out Phil.
Not impossible. Andrew House had a background in marketing and he did well. He would be the first American to take the top job though.

The truth is that he doesn't give a shit, but the political response is a must in these situations.
It's like this for all people, we are not obliged to feel empathy.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby

You can argue that Phil is a poor CEO / leader but to argue that he doesn't care for games is ridiculous lol. He has more interest in and plays more games than any CEO I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Del_X

And here is what I referenced regarding "setting the record straight":

The guy would have been better off staying silent on an individual level and letting Xbox PR handle it.

None of these opinions are even remotely in the realm of "Slander."

The persecution complex is real.

Dolomite

Nah Phil plays TF out of video games. Is he still a suit? Yes
Can you find him playing Diablo on the weekdays? Absolutely you can

GHG

None of these opinions are even remotely in the realm of "Slander."

The persecution complex is real.

What other circumstance prompts an individual to need to publicly "set the record straight"? I'll wait.

Regarding the bold, don't we know it.

Mr.NiceGuy

This good guy facade is not working anymore (Well maybe only on the XBox fanatics)

WE'VE READ THE LEAKED EMAILS, and these are only a small part (What about other emails and calls that are not covered on the trial?)

We know the real person, we know the other face.

The guy is certified console warrior, he is terminally on line, he is online right now reading console warring discourse and feeling himself.

If he is classy as some deluded people say he wouldn't empower trashy human beings like Colt and Timdog who have been slandering the guy since the news came about his retirement.

The least he can do if he is a decent human being is to call off his lapdogs on social media from spreading FUD and misinformation and character assassination on his retirement announcement day.

But that is asking too much from Phil.

Saber

Gold Member
Do you ever shut up here? Stupid comment....

I do, usually when the theme is not of my interest. Can't say that about your lover though, he doesn't shut up. I mean, I'm ok with him talkinv about his competition(its an important matter), but what about other useless stuff? He is way too talkative on twitter.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
If these corporate toads spent as much time on creating high quality games for the consumer as they do on sucking each other's dicks at how great they all are at business, the gaming industry would be in a much better state.

Ryan's a greedy cunt, and you're clueless Phil. Both of you being gone would be a good thing for all of us.

Top Bottom