• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: "Jim Ryan has been a great contributor to our industry"

boomcrab

Anyone thinking Phil is being remotely genuine here needs a serious wake up call. Have you learned nothing? He knows some of you act like this so of course this is his response. Whereas in the past this might appear 'classy', now it just seems like pandering to his abnormally loyal fanbase.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby

Stop It And You GIF

Killjoy-NL

I mean, the majority of the threads aren’t complimentary, and I’m not sure Microsoft PR is paying people here to lift his tweets and turn them into threads.

Threads that many of those who claim to hate hearing from him enthusiastically contribute to.
Well:
20200917_153117568_iOS_1206x1206_crop_center.jpg

Jim was a key player in the success of the PlayStation brand, being there since before Sony's very first console launch and up until recently, five console generation later, leaving the company at the absolute top.
Nah man, something happened, it’s gotta be that.
Being 63 and next year marks 30 years at Sony has nothing to do with it…. I kid of course.
Good for him.

K2D

Banned
One of these days, we'll have loose lipped execs unwittingly outing themselves as felons on x-twitter.

If they've got good lawyers, I wouldn't be surprised if they get away with it either.

Sacred

Anyone thinking Phil is being remotely genuine here needs a serious wake up call. Have you learned nothing? He knows some of you act like this so of course this is his response. Whereas in the past this might appear 'classy', now it just seems like pandering to his abnormally loyal fanbase.
SMFH

SaucyJack

I don't know why anyone is remotely surprised by his comments.

1) It's not unusual for a business leader to recognise other business leaders, in the gaming or any other industry. CEOs know each other, know how difficult the job is, and will usually have (at least) a grudging respect for their rivals.

2) Phil almost always says what he needs to say in any given circumstance, genuine or not

Eotheod

I don't know why anyone is remotely surprised by his comments.

1) It's not unusual for a business leader to recognise other business leaders, in the gaming or any other industry. CEOs know each other, know how difficult the job is, and will usually have (at least) a grudging respect for their rivals.

2) Phil almost always says what he needs to say in any given circumstance, genuine or not
Because e-cred. Gotta throw some dollars into the Phil Spencer slander jar.

Top Bottom