• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA launches ‘HMKD’ teaser website

Mista

Banned
Sega-HMKD_08-16-19.jpg

Sega has launched a teaser website titled “HMKD”.

The website features an e-mail subscription form to “Be the First to Know” and the following background visual above

Back in December 2018, Sega filed a trademark for “Humankind” in Japan, which lines up with the teaser website’s title “HMKD.” The term was trademarked in various other countries, including the United States and Canada, in April 2019.

Sega previously said it will share the “a first-hand look at an all-new AAA game” at Gamescom 2019, which runs from August 20 to 24 at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany. With this teaser website launching the week before the event, this is likely the new title Sega teased.
Gematsu

Kazza

As much as I would like a new Jet Set Radio or Shinobi game, a new IP is always welcome. I have absolutely no idea what this is (some kind of sci-fi adventure maybe?). I wonder if this is a Japanese or a Western project?

"Humankind", huh? This makes me think of Binary Domain or Vanquish, the kind of SEGA game that's a little more serious and dramatic than their usual cartoony IPs. The kind of game you tend to forget about after a couple months of its release but will probably still attain a cult following. That being said, I'm curious to see the reveal trailer.

I have a bit of a soft spot for Japanese games with western settings and themes. Metal Wolf Chaos, for example, I've never played it but I'm intrigued at the idea of playing as the POTUS in an armored mech.

Last edited:

Kazza

The latest one contains the co-ordinates of the oldest discovered human skeleton, Lucy (located in modern day Ethiopia):

I think that this is likely to be a western-developed god/strategy game.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Time for a new Hatsune Miku! (HM)

If that was recording equipment yeah but it looks more like a tower control room. I hope I'm wrong and just tired. I actually want a new Miku game that isn't a port. Hatsune Miku Kaos Diva? Nah!

Mista said:
Back in December 2018, Sega filed a trademark for “Humankind” in Japan, which lines up with the teaser website’s title “HMKD.” The term was trademarked in various other countries, including the United States and Canada, in April 2019.
Sega previously said it will share the “a first-hand look at an all-new AAA game” at Gamescom 2019, which runs from August 20 to 24 at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany. With this teaser website launching the week before the event, this is likely the new title Sega teased.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I would like a new Jet Set Radio or Shinobi game, a new IP is always welcome. I have absolutely no idea what this is (some kind of sci-fi adventure maybe?). I wonder if this is a Japanese or a Western project?

I REALLY want a new Jet Set Radio. C'mon, Sega. It's been almost 18 years since JSRF was released!

Journalists had this shown behind closed doors, I read
And they said to fly down a bit, nothing special
I think could be some sort of Alien GaaS, wasn't that a confirmed thing?

At this point even I am cynical and sarcastic about a potential Dreamcast 2. The state of the industry is beyond help. That's what happens when you let a cancer grow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom