• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega's new Crazy Taxi game "AAA" in scope

Bridges

This is so intriguing to me. I really need to see what this ends up actually being. Very excited about this era of Sega, I hope it all pans out for them

diffusionx

Gold Member
If they were to make a Crazy Taxi like the old games, they couldn't charge more than $10-$15 for it and make it on a shoestring budget and people are just gonna whine because Offspring isn't in it. I know because that's what has happened over the past 20 years. So yea it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Probably a bigger game with an arcade mode.

DaGwaphics

If they were to make a Crazy Taxi like the old games, they couldn't charge more than $10-$15 for it and make it on a shoestring budget and people are just gonna whine because Offspring isn't in it. I know because that's what has happened over the past 20 years. So yea it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Probably a bigger game with an arcade mode.

I can see where there could be room to make a story driven game out of it. Could be something similar to the driving sections of the old PS1 Die-Hard games, a series of trips where you have to race against the time. You could also have shootouts etc. if they wanted to go that way. But, if they do that I want a traditional arcade mode to stay in. That simple loop is one of my all time favorites.

Max Taxi has been transported to a world where Offspring has been sacrificed to Taylor Swift in a bid to start the apocalypse.

It's up to you and your quirky sidekick Earthworm Jim to help guide him through modern-day San Francisco avoiding poop riots, racing against the clock, and Uber drivers to deliver KFC and Pizza Hut to the only hero that can save the day...

Space_Michael_Space_Channel_5_Part_2.JPG

Are you rad enough to accept the challenge?

Story by Hideo Kojima.

Last edited:

PSYGN

They should've aimed for AA, and use an engine like UE5 so that it looks AAA without as much effort.

I can see where there could be room to make a story driven game out of it. Could be something similar to the driving sections of the old PS1 Die-Hard games, a series of trips where you have to race against the time. You could also have shootouts etc. if they wanted to go that way. But, if they do that I want a traditional arcade mode to stay in. That simple loop is one of my all time favorites.
This would be a great idea. I was actually thinking they would add more multiplayer modes too. Like what if they had a taxi royale with 100 taxis attempting to keep up their timers as long as possible while they race to pick up and drop off customers before the next person grabs them first. It would be chaotic fun.

DaGwaphics

This would be a great idea. I was actually thinking they would add more multiplayer modes too. Like what if they had a taxi royale with 100 taxis attempting to keep up their timers as long as possible while they race to pick up and drop off customers before the next person grabs them first. It would be chaotic fun.

I think that could be an amazing idea for this game. They could even add in allstars racing type powerups that players could use to mess with other drivers.

StereoVsn

The game is going to be a gritty revenge story where you hunt down the rogue taxi driver who stole your fare.
No, no, you lost everything, your home, your dog, your fish, your wife, your kids. Now you are a taxi driver gunning for revenge.

I even found a picture of Sega’s early concept art leak:

TaxiDriverDeNiro.jpeg

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
A Sega AAA is like a Wisconsin 9. It’s actually closer to a 6.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont see how a Crazy Taxi game can be AAA.

But who knows. If the production values are high, there's tons of licensed music tracks and there's a big open world city to interact with then maybe it will be AAA.

I expect it be a buffed up game that is $30 or $40 tops. I have a hard time thinking it'll be $70.

AAA in scope, ok!

So that means more filler/bloat side quests than actual main missions? Yeah, stick it where the sun don't shine.

Top Bottom