• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krowley

Eteric Rice said:
God, I hope Nintendo throws us a few bones at this conference. The wait until E3 may kill me.

If they don't, then I go on record right now BEGGING devs to leak pics or something.

Please. for the love of god. I know you guys are out there, listening. Just do it.

1-D_FTW

BruceLeeRoy said:
Nintendo will become a games only publisher before they let any company have any pull or effect on their infrastructure.

Agreed. Though I really wish Nintendo would adapt different strategies for different regions. If they really feel this convoluted structure must be maintained for Japan, fine. But get with the program in the west. It's not even that they implement things poorly, they just prioritize things nobody in the west gives a fuck about. There's a total disconnect with the market. Until they admit there's a fundamental problem, it has no chance of it being addressed.

There's no way I'm getting up at 3 a.m. for a Nintendo Investor Briefing. you people are crazy if you live in the U.S.!

Is there any confirmation from Nintendo that they're going to discuss this even in the slightest?

1-D_FTW

GregLombardi said:
There's no way I'm getting up at 3 a.m. for a Nintendo Investor Briefing. you people are crazy if you live in the U.S.!

Is there any confirmation from Nintendo that they're going to discuss this even in the slightest?

Me either. I'll read all the news a couple hours later while I eat breakfast.

M74

Eteric Rice said:
God, I hope Nintendo throws us a few bones at this conference. The wait until E3 may kill me.
All they'll do is make some vague reference to the recent rumors, confirm that big things are coming at E3 (maybe), then unplug the mic. Why? Because they can.

Nintendo's pretty much mastered the whole battered person syndrome thing. They'll give us what they think we need, not what we want, and they expect us to keep coming back for more. And they're probably right.

In all seriousness though, it would be great if they gave us a glimpse of what things will look like or gave us a name--if only to end some of the rampant speculation.

DoomXploder7 said:
honestly i don't know how i will handle it if they just up and said nothing at this conference.
LOL! What are you expecting anyway?

Iwata: Yes, we are working on a new console, expect more details at E3 in June.

And that's it.

wwm0nkey

Not sure if this was posted yet but...

from wiihdrumors.com:

WarioWorld.com is Nintendo’s website for developers and an interesting discovering has basically confirmed that Project Café is the codename of Nintendo’s next system. Visit the following pages:

https://www.warioworld.com/nitro/
https://www.warioworld.com/wii/
https://www.warioworld.com/ctr/

You’ll be taken to a login page for the developer area because those three directories all correlate to identifiers for previous consoles. ctr, for instance refers to the 3DS. But now try visiting a bogus directory, like https://www.warioworld.com/bogus. You’ll be taken to a 404 error page, as you’d expect, without any sign of a login screen.

Now, visit https://www.warioworld.com/cafe. Can you guess what happens? I’ll give you a hint, it does not take you to an error page. You are directed to a login page just like all the other valid codenames or console names.

joedick

DoomXploder7 said:
honestly i don't know how i will handle it if they just up and said nothing at this conference.

Well, given that it's not a conference for the press, I think that's a possibility....

Luigison

1-D_FTW said:
Agreed. Though I really wish Nintendo would adapt different strategies for different regions. If they really feel this convoluted structure must be maintained for Japan, fine. But get with the program in the west. It's not even that they implement things poorly, they just prioritize things nobody in the west gives a fuck about. There's a total disconnect with the market. Until they admit there's a fundamental problem, it has no chance of it being addressed.
Please give specific examples. I can't tell if I should disagree with you or am merely misunderstanding what you mean.

joedick said:
Well, given that it's not a 'conference', I think that's a possibility....

oh nm i didnt see for the press in your sentence.... wait you changed it
but as stated in this thread it is an investors meeting which means they most likely will be stating there plans etc for the upcoming fiscal year and beyond even if only vague mentions etc.

I'm mainly looking forward to some kind of Pokemon news.

Mainly because we know that a new game for either the 3DS or DS is gonna be revealed in a month and Iwata Revealed Pokemon B&W last time he did this. (As well as Pandora's Box, RT and one of those Kirby games)

Anything else? IDK ... Hoping for a Wii2 reveal of some kind but IDK.

Boney said:
gaf > internet > gaf

Well I never saw it, so it was worth the re-post :p

Warioworld.com looks mad shady, and yet seems to totally be what it claims to be. You'd think it would look a bit more professional and a bit less 2002...

TunaLover

Black-Wind said:

Mainly because we know that a new game for either the 3DS or DS is gonna be revealed in a month and Iwata Revealed Pokemon B&W last time he did this. (As well as Pandora's Box, RT and one of those Kirby games)

They show the tipically release date for the three region markets in those meetings right?

M74

Green Scar said:

Warioworld.com looks mad shady, and yet seems to totally be what it claims to be. You'd think it would look a bit more professional and a bit less 2002...
Still further along than Nintendo's online framework.

Green Scar said:

So, did Nintendo never give the GameCube game "Wario World" its own proper website like they did all their other games, and instead just kept the URL for their Dev support site?

Black-Wind said:

it's an investor meeting. not a press conference. at best, there will be a mention of the Cafe.

wrowa

Green Scar said:

It's not meant for the eyes of the public, so why would they waste resources on its design?

Emitan

Green Scar said:

Nintendo.

From The Dust said:
it's an investor meeting. not a press conference. at best, there will be a mention of the Cafe.
Yeah, and at the last investor meeting this time last year he revealed Pokemon B&W along with other games to reassure investors. He didn't make anything fancy, just showed a few of the logos and a few trailers and confirmed that there were more games coming and so on.

We know that a new Pokemon game is gonna be revealed in a DS+3DS JPN mag next month, I'm sure he will bring that up.

Black-Wind said:
Yeah, and at the last investor meeting this time last year he revealed Pokemon B&W along with other games to reassure investors. He didn't make anything fancy, just showed a few of the logos and a few trailers and confirmed that there were more games coming and so on.

We know that a new Pokemon game is gonna be revealed in a DS+3DS JPN mag next month, I'm sure he will bring that up.

hm, forgot about that announcement. that just reminds me these things aren't flashy at all. I'm not surprised many people don't remember such announcements and stuff

1-D_FTW

Luigison said:
Please give specific examples. I can't tell if I should disagree with you or am merely misunderstanding what you mean.

Example of what I consider the premier online infrastructure in the world: Steam.

At this point, I think it's much shorter to list the things Nintendo does match Steam on.

Nintendo seems pathologically bent of protecting kids from pedos (or Japanese from people who are rude and mean). This isn't something that can be accomplished unless you totally gimp your service and make it completely suck. And the kids aren't some delicate flowers who needs protecting anyhow. All it does is force people to go elsewhere if they prioritize online gaming. And that doesn't even begin to address the craptacular store.

wwm0nkey said:
you forgot to remove the default part.

https://www.warioworld.com/playstation/

that does NOT work but if the default part is in it will work.

https://www.warioworld.com/cafe

see that works.

Yeah. I didn't do that the first time and got excited I could refute it with fuckballs.

when i think about it the supposed as large as the original 360 is far more troubling than the snes comment (not that the snes comment is troubling) .

Fat Goron said:
Any possibility of hearing SOMETHING about Mario Kart 3DS, Animal Crossing 3DS or Paper Mario 3DS? At least their names?
its an investors meeting, if they are there don't expect more than a logo/name drop and a release window, that's if they are coming this fiscal year.

watershed

Banned
Well in the past Iwata has talked at length about the features of the 3ds including showing screenshots and footage of the eShop for the first time. The new kirby game for the wii that no one has seen since also had debut footage during an investor briefing and Pandora's Tower was unveiled at the same one. So from time to time Nintendo does provide quite a bit of info/media at these investor briefings. Though, I'm not expecting too much.

Emitan

1-D_FTW said:
Example of what I consider the premier online infrastructure in the world: Steam.

At this point, I think it's much shorter to list the things Nintendo does match Steam on.

Nintendo seems pathologically bent of protecting kids from pedos (or Japanese from people who are rude and mean). This isn't something that can be accomplished unless you totally gimp your service and make it completely suck. And the kids aren't some delicate flowers who needs protecting anyhow. All it does is force people to go elsewhere if they prioritize online gaming. And that doesn't even begin to address the craptacular store.
Why can't they just let you make an "adult" account and a "child" account? FFS, Nintendo, don't put parental controls in your game systems and then treat everyone like a child anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom