• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doorman

Looks like I picked the right time to randomly check this thread.

Interesting though...why would they create a header for a console's codename like that? And for a "support" thing? Is it possible that they'd use Cafe as the console's main name? This is all very suspicious, really.

TunaLover said:
Chances are the multiple reports are true too.

Yup, this is the first actual bit of info of any kind that's coming directly from Nintendo. For we knew, everything up to this moment could have been utter BS.

Big One

Banned
I don't see why they won't be by this point. Seems the initial rumors of it being called Project Cafe is true, I wouldn't doubt everything else was too. Of course things like "It's more powerful than the 360" I could imagine being opinionated kind of like when some people said the 3DS was just as powerful as the 360.

_Alkaline_ said:
Someone explain the wario thing to me.

Warioworld.com is Nintendo's official developer support page.

That header comes directly from that site, confirming the codename "cafe" and probably confirming the other leaks brought to us by whoever leaked that name.

civilstrife said:

That header comes directly from that site, confirming the codename "cafe" and probably confirming the other leaks brought to us by whoever leaked that name.

farooq_damn.gif

jacksrb

Wow, great find on the warioworld photo!

In being truthful with the investors, they will seemingly a) have to confirm the new platform and it's unveiling at E3 and b) maybe that it would be a 2012 launch date.

However, I would be shocked if we got any photos of the controller.

So now that the french site seems to have gotten the Cafe correct, whatabout the rest?

01net::
- "Project Café"
- Developer quotes: graphics capabilities "roughly equal to those of the Xbox 360", performance "over the Xbox 360, but just a notch".
- custom IBM PowerPC CPU with three cores
- RAM: unknown. It would be logical that it is a unified RAM, like the 360, with a minimum of 512 MB
- Graphics processor: AMD (ATI) - probably a series R700, with a shader (for managing the effects) more recent than the Xbox 360 (probably version 4.1).
- controller has a six-inch touch screen,
- a front-facing camera,
- D-Pad,
- two bumpers,
- two triggers
- screen resolution will fall into the 800 x 500 range
- and "possibly more,"
- Surprise feature
- Be revealed at E3
- Controller Mockup: http://i51.tinypic.com/2uyga69.png

TunaLover

civilstrife said:

Yep, it practically confirms that the first leak came from a third party developer, which makes sense due the conflicting reports about the controller, since it was reported that developers weren't allowed to see the controller yet, only in document form.

Boney

Banned
LovingSteam said:
So now that the french site seems to have gotten the Cafe correct, whatabout the rest?

01net::
- "Project Café"
- Developer quotes: graphics capabilities "roughly equal to those of the Xbox 360", performance "over the Xbox 360, but just a notch".
this is the one that doesn't sit well with me.

Oh well

antonz

Boney said:
this is the one that doesn't sit well with me.

Oh well
It doesnt match with the specs they suggest either so not worth looking into it much. a 4X graphical improvement might be a notch to someone expect a 15x improvement

I still find it incredibly odd what Nintendo is doing here. Are they planning to compete against the PS3/360 for the rest of their duration or will this also go up against their next two consoles? Is it a stop-gap or is this our first next-gen console?

DoomXploder7 said:
it all depends on which developers game they were looking at and how much effort said developers put into the graphics though.
And devkits change over time. Nintendo may ship updated ones or unlock more.

The 3D part of the 3DS was included like four months after the devkits were sent out through an online firmware update.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
_Alkaline_ said:
I still find it incredibly odd what Nintendo is doing here. Are they planning to compete against the PS3/360 for the rest of their duration or will this also go up against their next two consoles? Is it a stop-gap or is this our first next-gen console?
I'm leaning for the second.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
DoomXploder7 said:
it all depends on which developers game they were looking at and how much effort said developers put into the graphics though.
the quote is from a developer not the site's own conjecturer. If it says capabilities comparable to blah blah then that's what they mean.

LovingSteam said:

If this one ends up true then the reactions will be priceless! Of course it would have to be uncovered later on as I doubt Nintendo will take the stage and say "it's just a tiny bit better than a 360"

In case the image is taken down:

EpbJ8.jpg

yoopoo

Banned
Serenade said:
What rumors have there been about the online besides no friend codes?
No rumors, Nintendo has a history of horrible online system. Including 3DS, so I'm assuming the new system wont be any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom