• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Insider Leaks Remake Of Xenoblade Chronicles X As Potential Switch 2 Title

Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-Nintendo-Switch-2-800x450.jpg

According to a new Nintendo rumor, a forgotten Wii U exclusive game is being brought forward to modernity with a remake on Nintendo Switch 2, the rumored Switch successor supposedly releasing this year. The rumor in question comes the way of Zippo, a well known Nintendo insider who has both proven reputable in the past and been off the mark as well. That said, this rumor seems far too random to be pulled from thin air.

According to the insider, a "full remake" is in the works for Xenoblade Chronicles X at Monolith Productions, the studio responsible for the series. Unfortunately, Zippo does not divulge much else about the project other than by noting it is one of "numerous titles" in development at the studio for the next Nintendo console. A reveal window is not disclosed nor a potential release window.
"I'm hearing from sources familiar with the situation that MonolithSoft is developing a full remake of their underrated Wii U title, Xenoblade Chronicles X. Released in 2015, this title came at a time where the Wii U was already unfortunately winding down after two consecutive years of poor sales, so many missed out on the game, including myself. From all accounts, the game is excellent, and is in actuality, the first Nintendo game in the modern day to go open world, even before Breath of the Wild. Monolith has numerous titles in development for Nintendo's next system, and this is just scratching the surface of that."
Of course, what is here should be taken with a grain of salt. Even if this information is accurate, it doesn't mean it will remain accurate over time. Things change in game development all the time, and projects are somewhat often canned before they are even announced.

At the moment of publishing, neither implicated party -- Nintendo and Monolith Productions -- have commented on this rumor and the speculation it has created. We do not expect this to change for a handful of reasons, but if it does, we will be sure to update the story accordingly.

Black Widow Avengers GIF

Robb

Gold Member
Would be a good candidate imo since the visuals are less stylized than the other titles.

The game also ended on a cliffhanger iirc, so it’d make sense to port it at some point just to promote a potential sequel on “Switch 2”.

tkscz

God I want to believe in this so badly. But I don't want to get my hopes up. Xenoblade has been. Million unit seller sense it hit the switch but they already said they couldn't remake X

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Man that's super hype if so, I REALLY hope they do a faces update like they did to XBC1.

Also PLEASE remove some of the "Tatsu is not food!" jokes.
Confusing with genshi impact?

Anyway, I wonder how this affect the value of my copy...

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
My favorite in the series. I hope they make the characters less ugly, and expand on the ending as well as some of the unresolved plot lines (like WTF was up with L’Curife)

Xenoblade X benefited greatly from constantly having the map available on the tablet screen. As it’s used all the time to track character movement, mining, and exploration. If you have to play the game having to constantly pause everything to bring up the menu, honestly that would be a huge bummer.

I’d be more excited for a good quality port of Woolly World with some bonus content.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Confusing with genshi impact?

Anyway, I wonder how this affect the value of my copy...
tbf Xenoblade X did it first. We know that Genshin is copying from everything lol

You get the Tatsu is not a food joke at every chapter of Xenoblade X

Hudo

Doesn’t mean he isn’t extremely good at his job.
If you mean by "his job" in promoting himself and his agenda, yes, he's excellent at it.

If you mean as a journalist, then no, he's not. And he even said so himself.

I don't trust anyone who has an obvious agenda. And he's about as right with his leaks as your common 4chan post. In fact, he was salty when the Blizzard stuff was uncovered without him. Dude is an asshole. It's OK if you like him. But it's also OK to call him out, imho.

Edit: I apologize for this off-topic thing. So I suggest that we leave it at that. We just have different opinions about him and that's ok. Xenoblade X is more important.

Last edited:

Croga

Xenoblade X benefited greatly from constantly having the map available on the tablet screen. As it’s used all the time to track character movement, mining, and exploration. If you have to play the game having to constantly pause everything to bring up the menu, honestly that would be a huge bummer.

While I'd agree with this statement, I've been replaying it for the 3rd time recently (first was on Wii U, then PC, now on Steam Deck OLED, both of those through CEMU) and just simply having the Wii U gamepad screen as a toggle or swap screens mapped to a button works perfectly fine.

It's not as streamlined as having a dedicated screen for all that sure, but it's a feasible alternative.

As much as I'd love to see it get the full remake it deserves, as I believe its the one of the best open worlds that MonolithSoft has created, I think that ship has sadly sailed at this point.

Would love to be wrong though!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Man I loved this game so much. I think it’s probably my favorite combat of the series. It scales in a really satisfying and addictive pace.

If it's a full remake, I hope they bring back the scrapped story in favor of online multiplayer
It doesn't need a remake, it's already HD, & only 8 years old. It does need a lot of QoL improvements and other changes, though. It was out-dated in many ways the moment it came out.

Hudo

It doesn't need a remake, it's already HD, & only 8 years old. It does need a lot of QoL improvements and other changes, though. It was out-dated in many ways the moment it came out.
As someone else said, they could remake the character models. They weren't pretty when the game was new and they certainly didn't age gracefully. Monolith have since gained control of their character design. In fact, I don't know anyone who really liked the character design/character art of X back then. So maybe it would be a "victimless crime" to remake that (except for the usual few Twitters who get upset at everything).

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
have to say, it gives me a bit of joy with all these rumors and such going about. It feels like we're back to get announcements soon after the holiday emptiness.

NanaMiku

I still think they need to redo the story though. There are so many unexplained things. Probably if they do it like Xenoblade DE. It was part remaster, part remake.

Hudo

I still think they need to redo the story though. There are so many unexplained things. Probably if they do it like Xenoblade DE. It was part remaster, part remake.
That's a good idea. I really liked how they did it with Xenoblade DE.

Maestr0

It still amazes me that this game did not required any installation whatsoever to run, the pack downloadable help fastened loading, but still, a big tour de force, i don't mind double dipping if it is true. But i don't know if they are gonna follow through a sequel with X2 or another game.
They can bring lots of QoL if it's true.

Chastten

Banned
My most played Wii U game at well over 150 hours and if it were to release for Switch or Switch 2, I'd buy the Collector's Edition in a heartbeat.

Not sure how reliable this is though, as I believe Monolith or Nintendo said before a port wasn't really feasible for whatever reason. n

It spent 4-5 years in development, but somehow was so dang enormous they still didn't quite finish it. It just got too large in scope and at some point the game just needed to come out.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Man I loved this game so much. I think it’s probably my favorite combat of the series. It scales in a really satisfying and addictive pace.
The combat was awesome and so was the traversal! You run really fast and jump far, there’s no fall damage. Then you get the skells which transform into ground vehicles and eventually get the ability to fly. I really miss that traversal in the other games.

ZoukGalaxy

Seriously, I'm tired of remake and "enhanced remaster ultimate directo's cut edition" of recent games.

bored cat GIF

Last edited:

WoJ

Seriously, I'm tired of remake and "enhanced remaster ultimate directo's cut edition" of recent games.

bored cat GIF
I generally agree but I'm okay with this one since it's the last thing trapped on the Wii U. I own it in the Wii U so don't need the port/remaster/remake/whatever but would absolutely support it if it meant a sequel.

Mister Wolf

I'm down for it. Have Saito do a full redesign of the character models. The combat system also needs a drastic overhaul.

Last edited:
Top Bottom