• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PlayStation Third Party State of Play Coming Soon

Draugoth

Gold Member
4C9XWk9.jpg

This same person had many accurate PlayStation leaks in the past as well.

Also, the Snitch posted this:

818ax3P.jpeg

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Will be more ps4 and 5 games coming to pc.

Maybe mlb or whatever its called to taunt Microsoft

Elios83

Third party? What for? I could understand if it was on second party games, but a state of play dedicated to third party is useless.
Third party doesn't mean multiplatform.
Forspoken, FFXVI, SH2, FF7R say hi just for quick examples.
But even if they were multiplatform it is far from useless especially if it's huge titles that are going to do big numbers like Harry Potter or RE4 Remake.

ABnormal

But even if they were multiplatform it is far from useless especially if it's huge titles that are going to do big numbers like Harry Potter or RE4 Remake.
Well, if the games are funded by Sony or even a Sony ip, they would be second party. If they are some third party exclusives instead, it's lame but there could be interesting ones.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
All those games are getting PC releases. Two of them on day one. They are by definition multiplatform.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Sigh how many third party state of plays did we get last year? Sony fans don’t give a shit about third party moneyhats. We like Sony because of their first party games. When the fuck are we going to see some new first party games from Sony??
They're releasing 6 first-party SIE-published games this year. 5 of them have been announced. Helldivers 2 hasn't officially been revealed, but I know it's releasing this year.

6 first-party games in 12 months are more than sufficient, which most other publishers would dream of releasing. Any more, and the games will start cannibalizing each other's sales.

They're releasing 6 first-party SIE-published games this year. 5 of them have been announced. Helldivers 2 hasn't officially been revealed, but I know it's releasing this year.

6 first-party games in 12 months are more than sufficient, which most other publishers would dream of releasing. Any more, and the games will start cannibalizing each other's sales.

show me GIF by John Legend

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Couldn’t care less about SIE published games by third party studios. I am talking about games from their first party studios we like. No one gives a shit about helldivers.

Where the hell is Spider-Man? Tlou3? Wolverine? Cory’s New ip thats been in dev since 2018? Ghost of tsushima 2? Almost three years since the first came out and no teaser?

johnjohn

When’s their first party state of play? They have one game scheduled for 2023 and it’s not coming until the end of the year… assuming it doesn’t get delayed. I guess it’s Sony’s turn to have a light year after Xbox’s 2022.

When’s their first party state of play? They have one game scheduled for 2023 and it’s not coming until the end of the year… assuming it doesn’t get delayed. I guess it’s Sony’s turn to have a light year after Xbox’s 2022.

No year with spider-man 2 in it could be described as a light year lol

Couldn’t care less about SIE published games by third party studios. I am talking about games from their first party studios we like. No one gives a shit about helldivers.

Where the hell is Spider-Man? Tlou3? Wolverine? Cory’s New ip thats been in dev since 2018? Ghost of tsushima 2? Almost three years since the first came out and no teaser?

Pretty sure we'll see a majority of those by the end of the year.

It's a game of chess not checkers, it wouldn't be wise for Sony to play all their cards at once, especially with the FTC looming over them.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Third party? What for? I could understand if it was on second party games, but a state of play dedicated to third party is useless.
It can still have 3rd party exclusives, I don't think Sony really uses the term second party

ABnormal

It can still have 3rd party exclusives, I don't think Sony really uses the term second party
Yes, I don't think there are still second parties. Maybe the last one was Insomniac, before it was aquired.

But my comment was because I think third party exclusives are a bad thing, for the market (aside timed exclusives no longer than one year). Obviously every game is different in that regard. For example, Final Fantasy games always sold the majority of copies on PS, even when multiplatform, so it doesn't shift the market significantly.

Markio128

Any kind of show would be great, but I’ll believe it when it’s officially announced.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Final Fantasy 9 Remake or IX
Final Fantasy XVI
Resident Evil 4 + VR
Village VR
Metal Gear Solid Remake

Bonus: Half Life Alyx, Half Life 3 & Bloodbath Remake.
While I know this was on the Nvidia leaks & a favourite to the most vocal.
We know SE had mentioned an interest in VIII Remake
Afterall it is the next title after VII and it had double the sales of IX.
I personally hope both are done so it's a win, win regardless.

Andodalf

Banned
Incoming moneyhats. Just like they bought Deathloop and Tokyo to fill in gaps, this will make up for Spider-man being their only AAA single player game of the year

MAtgS

Strange World and Light-year world revealed in KH4. Followed immediately by Nomura profusely apologizing and explaining that the game's worlds were decided on 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Top Bottom