• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PlayStation Third Party State of Play Coming Soon

Bo_Hazem

Banned
ZHTkkG0.jpg

Is that you? Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem

Fc3-EQ3b-Xw-AEuf5-V.png

Banjo64 Banjo64

Ar¢tos

While I know this was on the Nvidia leaks & a favourite to the most vocal.
We know SE had mentioned an interest in VIII Remake
Afterall it is the next title after VII and it had double the sales of IX.
I personally hope both are done so it's a win, win regardless.
VIII needs some non graphical work to be decent...
The story is kinda convuluted and not very exciting, the leveling and GFs system are bad, but I preferred the card game of 8 over 9.
IX is probably easier to remake, just remove the summoning boost, having to endure such long summons and button tapping for a bit more dmg won't be well accepted nowadays.

Lupin25

Looks like ND might be up soon with the TLOU multiplayer project (maybe a Director’s cut..?)

Other than that, Horizon Burning Shores & Spider-Man 2 this year for 1st party?

Event might be interesting with Final Fantasy, Stellar Blade, Little Devil Inside, Tchia and Silent Hill 2 all expected to fill in the gaps for now.

reinking

Gold Member
Moar Stellar Blade plz.

But my guess is that this State of Play will be focused on PSVR2 support, as the device launches next month.
I hope so. They are getting really good buzz since CES. They need to build on that and get more excitement around titles that are coming out.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Seems that like i suspected, spiderman will be their only non vr first party game this year. They probably wont kick up marketing for it til this summee

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
VIII needs some non graphical work to be decent...
The story is kinda convuluted and not very exciting, the leveling and GFs system are bad, but I preferred the card game of 8 over 9.
IX is probably easier to remake, just remove the summoning boost, having to endure such long summons and button tapping for a bit more dmg won't be well accepted nowadays.
Actually quite the opposite.
Everything you listed is just.....well an opinion
And they wouldn't be the same in a Remake anyway.
And as for the Story whether it's convoluted or not doesn't really matter as it's an RPG, they all convoluted
Overall Squall and his Gunblade is probably the easiest out of all of them to modernize and not too far from what they done with FFVIIREMAKE.
IX on the other hand needs everything redoing from the ground up to the point it's literally just based on IX rather then a Remake.
It's a big can of worms to open with a lot of decisions to make that will get negative feedback regardless of the choice they make.
just on character design alone, do you keep the chubby big head characters or not?
either way you gonna get backlash from one or the other for which decision you make.
and then with it selling over 5mil less then both VII & VIII .
it's not the safe or easy one to do.
but like I said, I personally want both remade but IX is the one I'm more worried about.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Now something I can be excited about because this gen I care much more about third party games more than Sony first party.

bitbydeath

If MGS is going to turn up then there’s a good chance Silent Hill: The Short Message will as well. May even get an out right now announcement since it was rated months ago.

Sigh how many third party state of plays did we get last year? Sony fans don’t give a shit about third party moneyhats. We like Sony because of their first party games. When the fuck are we going to see some new first party games from Sony??
During several generations Playstation was my prefered console, yet I never cared about their First Party beyond two or three games on each platform 🤷‍♂️ I go to Playstation because I know most 3rd party games - in particular from Japan - will be there day1. Their last 3rd Party State of Play during TGS was one of the more exciting showcases for me in a long while. Though tbf I don't care whether or not they pay for timed-exclusivity.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

I don't necessarily buy into these insiders and their rumors, but it is likely that Sony would counter MS's upcoming shows with something.

They're releasing 6 first-party SIE-published games this year. 5 of them have been announced. Helldivers 2 hasn't officially been revealed, but I know it's releasing this year.

6 first-party games in 12 months are more than sufficient, which most other publishers would dream of releasing. Any more, and the games will start cannibalizing each other's sales.
Which games are these please? Other than spiderman 2 I genuinely don't know

Thabass

Final Fantasy 9 Remake or IX
Final Fantasy XVI
Resident Evil 4 + VR
Village VR
Metal Gear Solid Remake

Bonus: Half Life Alyx, Half Life 3 & Bloodbath Remake.
FFIX Remake announcement is coming with the FF Anniversary thingy.....if that even happens.

nial

Gold Member
Which games are these please? Other than spiderman 2 I genuinely don't know
PS4/PS5 - MLB The Show 23
PS4/PS5 - Convallaria
PS5 - Spider-Man 2
PS5 - Stellar Blade
PSVR2 - Horizon Call of the Mountain
PSVR2 - Firewall Ultra
That's about it for now. Some of their MP games should also be launching next year and I personally think Death Stranding 2 could be released in the fall, but it hasn't been confirmed.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Jim is keeping the main course for now and showing us the appetizer first!

Top Bottom