• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shpeshal_Nick: Uncharted Drake fortune Remake is in the works

Holammer

Are you soft in the head? And fix what racism/sexism?? There's none of that shite in it
I'll be sure to add some eyeroll emojis in the future and less metaphor so people like you can pick up on sarcasm and subtext.
If they make a remake it's obvious they're going to fix race ratios and add female representation to the badgu... persons.

If enough people (or a 4chan operation) make a stink about it, they'll be forced to change the "descendants" to something else too. They are literal cannibal subhumans you gun down with Nazi German MP40s in one section. Everything is political as they say, so this is clearly intended to be symbolic.

HL3.exe

Well, the first one had the least adventure feeling to it and in general played like Sony’s answer to Gears of War. So remaking part 1 makes most sense out of them all - even though I don’t really like that they are doing it. I mean, come on…. Remakes were fun at the start but this is just getting crazy now.
You've described exactly why this would be a candidate for a remake, if I recall correctly it wasn't met with the same sort of accolades as Part2 and was considered a 7ish game let down by it's ambition
Yes, but Naughty Dog met their goals and ambitions by doing the sequels. 'Set-piece driven cover based shooters with light puzzles' isn't exactly a concept that hasn't been thoroughly exploited between 2007 and now, right?

With 'ambitious games that didn't pan out at the time but are still unique, have a cult following and a remake could actually polish up the concept' I meant games Like Alpha Protocol. Games with heart, but flawed in execution, or genre orphans (name another spy RPG that isn't Deus Ex)

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Yeah i don't know why keep sharing his stuff when he said that PlayStation was making a new Sly Cooper, inFAMOUS and Wipeout.

We know from Sucker Punch that noboby his working on Sly or inFAMOUS.
Unless some other actual reliable leaker said something first and he just steals it.

The guy pulls out "information" from his sweaty rectum.

People pretend he's and insider so they can argue and it's really silly

Last edited:

Moses85

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

While I'm tempted to poke fun at yet *another* remaster/remake the truth is the game is 16 years old, tech has come a long way, it makes sense and if it's done right I will absolutely buy it. This isn't ND's new game lol, breathe motherfuckers, it all will be worth the wait.

daclynk

well the game is dated soo. i wonder if there will do it like the collection.
Wait didn't they remaster it updated graphics on the PS4.

daclynk

They are gonna remake all the PS3-PS4 catalog except for the only one that matters.
Laughter Laughing GIF

Technical the PS5 cant play PS3 games natively, i was hoping they remake some PS1 games and just remaster some PS2 games but.... expect more PS3 games remastered/Remakes

Edit: sorry for double post.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Why are people fine with Capcom remaking/remastering every RE game but not Naugthy Dog?
I didnt buy RE4R.

The reality is the mainstream audience is heavily supporting most remakes. Gaming taste is getting noticeably more conservative this gen. In the past the role of the hardcore audience was to focus more on the new and experimental stuff, and they were the tastemakers that directed the mainstream to the new stuff. But now most "hardcore" gamers on here avoid new IPs also and have more conservative taste. New IPs bomb regularly, or even just super solid AA stuff like Prince of Persia. More people than ever want safe and AAA. Sales reflect that.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Why are people fine with Capcom remaking/remastering every RE game but not Naugthy Dog?
They made remakes of RE games which were released ~30 years ago and modern RE4 is miles better than original game (sue me).
There's really no need for Remakes / Remasters of the first 3 Uncharted games which were already remastered by Bluepoint years ago and still look great.
If anything, they need to continue the series instead of going back to what's already available on PS4/PS5 and which is not ~30 years old. The problem is, they don't have the studio capable of making it happen since ND decided to say goodbye to Uncharted after The Lost Legacy.

Last edited:
I never really liked the first one much, might be willing to give this is a go when it's sub £20. That being said, if this is true then what the fuck are they doing over there? Remastering and remaking, makes me wonder if the actual creative talent is still there.

Generic

Capcom is a Japanese company that sends Sweet Baby emails to their junk folder, Naughty Dog is a US company that gives Sweet Baby a window office in their HQ.
Well...

They made remakes of RE games which were released ~30 years ago and modern RE4 is miles better than original game (sue me).
There's really no need for Remakes / Remasters of the first 3 Uncharted games which were already remastered by Bluepoint years ago and still look great.
If anything, they need to continue the series instead of going back to what's already available on PS4/PS5 and which is not ~30 years old. The problem is, they don't have the studio capable of making it happen since ND decided to say goodbye to Uncharted after The Lost Legacy.
RE4 didn't need a remake, it's available in every platform.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

For one they’re not remaking games from fuckin 2020. Also the old RE games are endlessly replayable and have a bunch of weird shit to do after you finish the game. Cinematic experience third person shooters don’t lend themselves well to multiple playthroughs.

Ronin_7

Banned
yea, i highly doubt it too, but the outrage will outrage until they announce new games from their first party studios - which i expect is later this year.
Trust me, Sony gives no shit about people complaining, inside the company those are probably seen as low IQ losers.

Money isn't in people complaining in Forums.

Vick

well the game is dated soo. i wonder if there will do it like the collection.
Wait didn't they remaster it updated graphics on the PS4.

Still one of the best Trailers of all time. What a masterpiece.

Perfectly fine with a Drake's Fortune remake. Fuck, won't hide my excitment for it truth be told as it's my second favorite ND game and one of all time favorites. Especially if it's just like The Last of Us Remake with same voice lines and godly soundtrack as the OG, just completely redone visuals on top of the perfect Uncharted 4 mechanics/controls and maybe a change of structure akin to Dead Space Remake resulting in more interconnected island. Dreamy stuff for me.

People concerned about the Sweet Baby Inc. stuff should have nothing to worry about as, first, ND aren't SBI clients and if it's Sony you're worried about just look at Stellar Blade, second they made a TLOU Remake that's respectful of the OG, third they aren't going to clash with Uncharted 4 which was fully respectful of the OG trilogy.. fourth, they just fucking released a documentary showing in a crystal clear manner why they aren't going to piss their fanbase ever again.

I'd take this Remake over a new Uncharted with Cassie as protagonist a million times, thanks.

For one they’re not remaking games from fuckin 2020. Also the old RE games are endlessly replayable and have a bunch of weird shit to do after you finish the game. Cinematic experience third person shooters don’t lend themselves well to multiple playthroughs.
For your information, Drake's Fortune is a pure TPS from 2007 and it's one of the most replayable games of all time.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Still one of the best Trailers of all time. What a masterpiece.

Perfectly fine with a Drake's Fortune remake. Fuck, won't hide my excitment for it truth be told as it's my second favorite ND game and one of all time favorites. Especially if it's just like The Last of Us Remake with same voice lines and godly soundtrack as the OG, just completely redone visuals on top of the perfect Uncharted 4 mechanics/controls and maybe a change of structure akin to Dead Space Remake resulting in more interconnected island. Dreamy stuff for me.

People concerned about the Sweet Baby Inc. stuff should have nothing to worry about as, first, ND aren't SBI clients and if it's Sony you're worried about just look at Stellar Blade, second they made a TLOU Remake that's respectful of the OG, third they aren't going to clash with Uncharted 4 which was fully respectful of the OG trilogy.. fourth, they just fucking released a documentary showing in a crystal clear manner why they aren't going to piss their fanbase ever again.

I'd take this Remake over a new Uncharted with Cassie as protagonist a million times, thanks.

For your information, Drake's Fortune is a pure TPS from 2007 and it's one of the most replayable games of all time.

Agree to disagree but I played through it on ps4 and thought it was a total slog. Zero interest in playing it again with a new coat of Sweet Baby Inc paint.

Killer8

The video above shows why they can't do that.

The Destroy All Humans remakes handled it perfectly. They changed nothing. They just added a disclaimer at the start of the game so the Era folks could uninstall it before getting offended and cancelling the developers over it.

There is a difference though in how remasters vs remakes handle content. I can see a full remake potentially being more politically correct, but remasters (which is what i'm asking for in a Nathan Drake PS5 collection) are usually just a 1:1 port. At worst you might get a MGS Master Collection style warning at the start but i'd be very surprised if you even got that.

The Destroy All Humans 2 remake is slightly sanitized by the way. They removed the 'Ruined! - Take It Like A Man' mission where the guy gets a sex change.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Oh for goddamn fucks sake. I love Uncharted as much as anyone, but we do NOT need another remake.

If you want to remake something, please remake the Resistance trilogy and/or Infamous 1 and 2. Better yet, just remaster them (ala QUake 2), play them at 4K120 and call it a day. People will be happy.

I am down for a Dark Souls remake however.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So this is ND’s next game. Makes sense. ND has made more remasters and remakes of LOU already than standalone games.

I think the bigger question is it worth getting Uncharted Remake on PS5, or wait for Uncharted Part I on PS6. Lol

Vick

Not exactly sure why playing as a white catholic straight action male is somehow worse than a new game imagined and built from the ground up for modern audieces.

There is a difference though in how remasters vs remakes handle content. I can see a full remake potentially being more politically correct, but remasters (which is what i'm asking for in a Nathan Drake PS5 collection) are usually just a 1:1 port. At worst you might get a MGS Master Collection style warning at the start but i'd be very surprised if you even got that.

The Destroy All Humans 2 remake is slightly sanitized by the way. They removed the 'Ruined! - Take It Like A Man' mission where the guy gets a sex change.
Exactly, and Naughty Dog's only Remake TLOU was 1:1 with the original.
Just revamped visuals/audio and smoother animations, better AI, minor fixes and bonus extras added.
An ideal situation as I'd actually replay Drake's Fortune playing like Uncharted 4 all day fucking long.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The game is bad. New graphics is not enough.
Full on real remake remake ? Sure but make sure Nathan is a woman o at least elena is black

Would you rather play an unchanged remaster of the original on PS5 right now or pay $70 for a remade version where Sweet Baby comes in and changes the game for "modern audiences" and neuters Drake?

I have these games though, I have them on PS3, I have the remasters on PS4. You’re assuming that they’re going to remake the story and not just a visual overhaul like TLOU Part 1 and Demons Souls, which is far more likely.

nial

Gold Member
This guy is full of shit as always, and before you tell me about the SoP stuff, it wasn't even his own info to begin with.
But ok, let's pretend this is true; it's obviously a project from Visual Arts rather than Naughty Dog, like many people seem to believe here.
They are gonna remake all the PS3-PS4 catalog except for the only one that matters.
Yes.
YzEAXXl.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This guy is full of shit as always, and before you tell me about the SoP stuff, it wasn't even his own info to begin with.
But ok, let's pretend this is true; it's obviously a project from Visual Arts rather than Naughty Dog, like many people seem to believe here.
And why wouldn’t ND make an Uncharted Remaster when they have a history of making remaster and remakes too like LOU 1 Remastered, LOU Part 1, LOU 2 PS5 all done by ND. What guarantee is there ND doesn’t do it?

nial

Gold Member
And why wouldn’t ND make an Uncharted Remaster when they have a history of making remaster and remakes too like LOU 1 Remastered, LOU Part 1, LOU 2 PS5 all done by ND. What guarantee is there ND doesn’t do it?
Mostly because Visual Arts had job listings in the past indicating that they're working on an established IP with some sort of assistance from Naughty Dog. Unless you believe it's Jak or something, the answer is so obvious.
BTW, Naughty Dog didn't do the Nathan Drake collection either.

Stuart360

Honestly i hope they remake the whole orig trilogy. I'm still frustrated that Sony wouldnt port them to PC because they thought 'the graphics are too dated for PC usres' lol, i would of been all over them.
Instead we got the one i dont really like, Uncharted 4.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
i have a feeling they dont want to be associated with killzone and resistance type games anymore, but i would rather they remaster those
Sonys first party action and adventure games have a similar feel. If you notice they all have a big story narrative. They could be violent as hell, but story is important. It’s hard to convey a big narrative in shooters because most shooter gamers just want do MP mode not giving a shit about a grandiose story.

Kikorin

Considering is the worst Uncharted by far, can make sense if they do a "Capcom" treatment to it. But the Vita one (expanded) would make even more sense to me, is one of the best in the series and none played it.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Considering is the worst Uncharted by far, can make sense if they do a "Capcom" treatment to it. But the Vita one (expanded) would make even more sense to me, is one of the best in the series and none played it.

The Vita Uncharted was mediocre. It served as a tech demo showing off the graphical prowess, and using touch controls to perform simple tasks like run your finger along the gold bricks and watch Drake climb. Motion controls to aim (because it was terrible otherwise), or help Drake walk across a beam/log.

A remake of the original would be a far better option, since ND is allergic to new games.

Top Bottom