• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Persona 6 coming Late 2024 - PS5 Timed Exclusive

Draugoth

Gold Member
untitled-design-2023-05-22t164850-466.jpg

A reliable leaker of gaming information has said that we can expect the next entry in the Persona series sometime next year. The industry analyst known as Nate the Hate made some predictions on his YouTube show about what he expects from Atlus in the near future as rumours heat up in expectation of announcements forthcoming from the upcoming PlayStation Showcase.

Nate's sources have apparently informed him that Persona 6 is likely to be a PS5 exclusive, with Atlus and Sega leaving behind the PS4. Although the PS5 launch is probably going to be a timed release, with Nate not ruling out the possibility that the game will eventually launch on Xbox consoles too. Meanwhile, there's also the matter of the Persona 3 Remake, which Nate says is going to be a multiplatform. But Persona fans shouldn't expect details from the upcoming PlayStation Showcase, Nate says, with the YouTuber backing up earlier reports that the Persona 3 Remake will likely be unveiled at the Xbox Showcase on June 11.

Rumours of the Persona 3 Remake, which would be a shiny new version of the PS2 classic, have been floating around for some time, but lately ResetEra user I'm A Hero Too has said that it is likely to show up during the Xbox Games Showcase on Sunday, June 11. While the game may not be fully exclusive to Xbox, it could be that Microsoft has the marketing rights since it did reveal the recent Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden console ports. It was 48 hours until the PS4 versions were announced. Gematsu has also previously confirmed that the Persona 3 Remake has been in development at Atlus for "several years".

Last edited:

ProtoByte

Faster turnaround than I expected. I thought P3 Remake would be an early-Mir 2024 titlee. If true, it should be announced at the PS Showcase.

Last edited:

Fake

Persona never pushed graphics. Is all about art direction, so either Sony paid money for them to not release a PS4 version or Atlus using this crap Unity Engine for P6.

LakeOf9

Please just put this on PC at launch as well, that's all I want

I am at least glad it won't be held back by Switch or Series S

Last edited:

Rac3r

Persona 3 Remake to be announced/revealed at the Xbox Showcase? that seems like an odd choice

It’s weird as hell, but so was the massive media campaign Xbox did when they got Persona 3/4/5 ports. You know Microsoft threw them a HUGE bag if the showcase rumors are accurate. The same is true for Like a Dragon. Xbox had the marketing rights but the audience has been on PlayStation for over a decade.

saintjules

I kind of believe Nate. Recommend listening to the podcast. He also mentioned no talk of FF7 Rebirth until after XVI. So that leaves either Summer Games Fest or TGS to show off Rebirth. Maybe the demo of XVI is also showcased at SGF. Let's see.

Last edited:

saintjules

Persona 3 Remake to be announced/revealed at the Xbox Showcase? that seems like an odd choice

From the podcast it would sound like Xbox would be aggressive $ wise to secure day and date release or exclusive world premiere to Game pass or something. Would believe that.

Rambone

Fine by me being a next gen only release (PS5 for now) and their target. People have had plenty of opportunity to save up for and grab a next gen console at this point. I don't know about other countries but in the US I see Series X and PS5's on shelves often at my local Target and I see them for sale all the time online. Gloves are off, hope they make an awesome game.

Faster turnaround than I expected. I thought P3 Remake would be an early-Mir 2024 titlee. If true, it should be announced at the PS Showcase.

Well for P3R the rumor is that one actually gets announced at the Xbox Showcase, but P6 will be revealed at the PS Showcase. I can see it happening that way.

Please just put this on PC at launch as well, that's all I want

I am at least glad it won't be held back by Switch or Series S

You don't think PC won't hold them back too? With the litany of configurations to account for, and the fact PC ports of a good few current-gen only games are having performance issues on PC (some of which might be due to DX12U)?

If P6 is PS5 exclusive, depending on how much it's leveraging the hardware, it might be for the best if PC comes afterwards, maybe in time with the Xbox version. That way PS5 version can have all resources for optimization, then the ports can have time & resources for strong optimization afterwards.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m curious what direction Persona 6 is gonna go since Hashino is not the one working on it.

Also is Soejima is still gonna be the character designer for P6 or they gonna bring new artist?

Poltz

Getting P3 Remake and missing out on P6 sounds like something that would happen for Xbox so yeah.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
New Persona game releasing next year without even being announced and any kind of marketing campaing for at least 1,5-2 years?

are-you-serious-spiderman.gif

GHound

New Persona game releasing next year without even being announced and any kind of marketing campaing for at least 1,5-2 years?

are-you-serious-spiderman.gif
Don't worry about it bro. It's happening and Persona 3 Remake will get shadow dropped for Xbox and PC at the Xbox Showcase too.

BJK

Curious if I can hold off until the 2nd version, since I refuse to buy the same game twice.

Times exclusives is so shit. Either make it a proper console exclusive and optimize the hell out of the game and give it big amounts of love and polish for that specific hardware, or just release it as a multiplat.

SABRE220

Atlus will never release their main franchise skipping the 120 million install base of the ps4. Atlus has never been one to push tech and have relied on ridiculous proficiency in art. They basically released persona5 on ps4 when it was designed completely around the ps3 with higher res and 60fps as the only upgrades.

Expect a Persona 6 designed around the ps4 doubt it will even push the limits of the console in terms of tech but the art will more than make up for it, and the ps5 will be 4k 120fps. This is the one dev that cross-gen is actually not a detriment.

Ozzie666

We don't even know what color they are going to go with. That's important business to settle. Seemed like forever with P6 trailers until the English release.

Bakkus

Atlus will never release their main franchise skipping the 120 million install base of the ps4. Atlus has never been one to push tech and have relied on ridiculous proficiency in art. They basically released persona5 on ps4 when it was designed completely around the ps3 with higher res and 60fps as the only upgrades.

Expect a Persona 6 designed around the ps4 doubt it will even push the limits of the console in terms of tech but the art will more than make up for it, and the ps5 will be 4k 120fps. This is the one dev that cross-gen is actually not a detriment.
By the time this actually comes out which is later than this estimated release date, everyone will have moved on from PS4.

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
We don't even know what color they are going to go with. That's important business to settle. Seemed like forever with P6 trailers until the English release.

Pink, for that vaporwave aesthetic, alongside a synthwave soundtrack. That‘s my hope at least.

Last edited:
Hopefully true! I'm so excited for a new Persona game. I've played through 3, working on 4, and have beat both the original Persona 5 and P5R. Strikers was fun too. I hope the Persona 3 Remake rumors are true as I'd happily play through that again.

As much as I hope that Atlus ditches the Playstion exclusive bullshit I am expecting it to happen and if there is a game that I am happy to buy a console just to play it then Persona 6 is that game. The PS5 might come in useful for other games anyway like Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. I could probably wait for the PC version but if I'm going to have to get a PS5 to play Persona 6 then I'll just grab a PS5 and play FF there. Also, not that I'm expecting it soon but GTA VI will not be coming to PC for at least a year after it comes to consoles so I could keep the PS5 around to play that. When all 3 of those games come to PC i'll buy them again and sell the PS5.

I'm praying for a PS5 Slim this year!
By the time this actually comes out which is later than this estimated release date, everyone will have moved on from PS4.
Persona 3 FES came out for the PS2 in 2007-2008. By then we already had the PS3 for 1-2 years (depending on market). The original Persona 3 came out for PS2 in mid 2006 only a few months before the PS3 launched and the original Persona 4 came in July 2008 for PS2. Persona 5 came out for PS3 in 2016-2017. Yeah most people got it on PS4 but the game was designed with PS3 in mind.

I would not be surprised at all if Persona 6 is released on PS4.

Last edited:
Pink, for that vaporwave aesthetic, alongside a synthwave soundtrack. That‘s my hope at least.
No chance of pink.

It's going to be Orange, Violet, or Green.

Persona 3 is Blue (and Pink if you want to count FeMC)
Persona 4 is Yellow
Persona 5 is Red

Those are the primary colours so now we're onto secondary. Green is the direct opposite of Red so that's my guess for Persona 6. Orange/Violet are too close to red and I can't see them doing that for 6. Persona 7 will likely be Violet then Persona 8 probably Orange.

3.2ColorWheel2-1.jpg

SABRE220

That's a rather unrealistic expectation.
Not every gamer can afford a ps5 or will purchase one. The ps5 sales in Japan for example are quite bad, only 3 million ps5s have been sold until now...
The ps5 install base is around 30 million currently, even if we go with optimistic forecasts of 25 million for the fiscal year that would be 55 million. You really think ignoring an install base more than 2x the ps5s for a console that has no presence in the region where one third of personas total sales originate is a smart idea for the firm?

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Still not played persona 5 properly and I own royal sealed on PS4 and its on (was?) gamepass. I do want to though.

I could see sony securing this, would probs cost a lot now though.

Top Bottom