• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 HD Project - Progress Thread

Oh man, high poly ganados.

image.php

I wanted to ask if there is an ETA on when the Island will be playable? I want to play through this with all sections good to go, even if all the fixes you intend to do are not present at that time. I appreciate the time and work you've put into this and it's a RE4's fan slippery, wet dream that this even exists.

Thanks.

I wanted to ask if there is an ETA on when the Island will be playable? I want to play through this with all sections good to go, even if all the fixes you intend to do are not present at that time. I appreciate the time and work you've put into this and it's a RE4's fan slippery, wet dream that this even exists.

Thanks.
I'm sorry but there's no ETA as there's still a fair amount left to do on the island. :-( Thank you for following the project and for your patience!

Hesh

This project deserves way more exposure. I suspect when it's completed it's going to raise awareness through the roof.

I already have RE4 on GC and PS3 but I will absolutely buy it again on PC once this project is done. Capcom would be wise to post a news update on the Steam store page for RE4 about this project, they could boost sales.

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
Without any doubt, one of if not the most impressive fan mods ever. I'm always floored anytime there's a new update to this.

finley83

Banned
I love seeing the updates every time. Somehow you made improvements to your own work that result in another enormous step above the original.

Really can't wait to play through again (for about the sixth time) with this mod.

New stuff continues to look great. One thing I noticed while playing the castle demo was in the outdoor area before the giant Salazar statue. Looking at the skybox you can see what looks like sunlight peeking from behind the clouds. Maybe it was intended to be there, but it looked kind of off to me. There is a lighter shaded area back there in the original, but it just looked like more lightly colored clouds to me.

New stuff continues to look great. One thing I noticed while playing the castle demo was in the outdoor area before the giant Salazar statue. Looking at the skybox you can see what looks like sunlight peeking from behind the clouds. Maybe it was intended to be there, but it looked kind of off to me. There is a lighter shaded area back there in the original, but it just looked like more lightly colored clouds to me.
Good eye. The revised skybox is actually the original texture at a higher resolution ( an instance of being able to find the original source). In the original, thanks to the low resolution of the texture, you can't tell that it's sunlight peeking from behind the clouds. :) this will be corrected. :) thanks again!

finley83

Banned
Good eye. The revised skybox is actually the original texture at a higher resolution ( an instance of being able to find the original source). In the original, thanks to the low resolution of the texture, you can't tell that it's sunlight peeking from behind the clouds. :) this will be corrected. :) thanks again!

Wait how on earth did you find the original sky? Did Albert develop a time machine for this project?!

if so please ask 2008 Capcom to use the original Chris model in RE5, thanks in advance

scitek

Wait how on earth did you find the original sky? Did Albert develop a time machine for this project?!

if so please ask 2008 Capcom to use the original Chris model in RE5, thanks in advance
Guessing it was an asset available for purchase they found online or something.

Nerrel

This seems like one of those textures that's so blurry it's hard to even tell what it should be, but you did a really good job on it. Did you find a source for this one, or did you just create something from scratch?

Guessing it was an asset available for purchase they found online or something.

Yep! stock picture
We also found some galleries Capcom used

This seems like one of those textures that's so blurry it's hard to even tell what it should be, but you did a really good job on it. Did you find a source for this one, or did you just create something from scratch?

Both (If I recall correctly XD)
All signs made me think Capcom used an altarpiece located in Barcelona as the source to create this texture but it was heavily edited and very low resolution.
So, Cris (again, if I recall correctly) used pictures of that altarpiece to re-create it :)

Yep! stock picture
We also found some galleries Capcom used

Both (If I recall correctly XD)
All signs made me think Capcom used an altarpiece located in Barcelona as the source to create this texture but it was heavily edited and very low resolution.
So, Cris (again, if I recall correctly) used pictures of that altarpiece to re-create it :)
Thats right! :)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The new lighting actually makes the character models seem better by virtue of blending in with the surroundings more naturally.

The new lighting and 3D changes are the most impressive.

Hell, the blue flame didn't even cast light on the surrounding surfaces! I totally misremembered that it seems.

V-VIII-G.jpg

I being continuously impressed by this project even after so many years.
Will the new village be downloadable?

Resident evil 4 is one of my all time favorite games.
I play it at least twice a year, but this update makes me not want to play until it's finished.
Do you know how painful it is to stay way from this?

This is looking mighty glorious!

finley83

Banned
Looks amazing, I don't really know what else to say except you somehow improved what was already an incredible improvement on one of the best games ever made.

And here goes another round!!

And more info as usual in our website: www.re4hd.com

Am I weird for liking the warmer flashlight color in the original more? Makes the scenes look a bit less drab IMO, I remember playing the GC ver back at launch and thinking that part looked stellar, and how it made Leon and Ashley pop out from the rest of the screen

Nyoro SF

Am I weird for liking the warmer flashlight color highlighting the characters in the original more? Makes the scenes look a bit less drab IMO, I remember playing the GC ver back at launch and thinking that part looked stellar

I think the revision is better because it looks like moonlight reflection, which has a good scenic effect, especially when carefully moving through the night.

Top Bottom