• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
VlnnhQ3.png

LOL, the meltdown is hilarious.

And the stand up moderator gives his take:

unknown.png

Stay classy Era.:messenger_ok:

Time to cancel the whole MCU!

Daffy Duck

Hey, that's my post, lol.
I'm just tired of some companies thinking that we are still in the early 2000s when Latin America pirated everything and didn't contribute a shit to the games industry, things have changed a lot. Xbox was the first to heavily invest in the region and now they have a big advantage against Sony, the Xbox 360 was a sales monster and the Xbox One is the market leader despite being, you know, the Xbox One (in Mexico at least) much of that thanks to the effort they put on dubbing and localization, Halo and Gears are legendary thanks to their superb dubs, Marcus Fenix and Master Chief are pop culture icons here and the VAs often go to conventions, events and such.

What CDProjekt did is basically mix 2 languages into one, Castillian Spanish and Latin American Spanish.
These are even more different than Australian english compared to UK or American English, it's not just a heavy accent, it's pronouns, different words, etc.
Here the game is being hyped to the moon and back, I'm pretty sure Mexico alone will be close to matching Spain sales, then you add Colombia, Perú, Chile and it might surpass Spain sales.
With this dub no one will be pleased, I'm pretty sure of that. We will complain that we deserved our own dub and they will complain that they keep hearing "panchitos" in their supposed Spain dubbed game (some Latino characters like Jackie and the waifu will speak LA Spanish, V, Jhonny Silverhand, etc, will speak Castillian Spanish).

I just wrote it like that to blend into the discussion.

lol, I didn’t mean to quote a post. I just wanted to post the topic as it was kicking off again.

teezzy

Banned
I'm not sure what's more pathetic:

A) People treating someone whose work they enjoy as a leper because they'r e a Conservative

or

B) Anyone, including world famous celebrities, treating some social media drama as if it's the end of the world

We've failed as a society in nearly every way. What the Hell happened to us?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

A) People treating someone whose work they enjoy as a leper because they'r e a Conservative

or

B) Anyone, including world famous celebrities, treating some social media drama as if it's the end of the world

These loons don't encompass society as a whole.

Chuckie

I swear browsing resetera makes me think I'm going insane.

Friday thread:

kuaq19V.jpg

sample post:

DNh7Ki8.jpg

Today's thread:

wzpVB3Y.jpg

Sample post:

bGq2Ahh.jpg

I think they have this thread 3x a week, slightly different wording, with the same fucking posts. Mind-numbing.

.......waiting with a blanket till his console gets delivered..... making photos of the unboxing so he will forever remember? He sounds 9 years old.

Gold Member
.......waiting with a blanket till his console gets delivered..... making photos of the unboxing so he will forever remember? He sounds 9 years old.
So sad, I almost feel sorry for them. I am starting to understand the constant suicide threads tbh. Why the constant mention of a blanket? To come off as warm and cuddly? I dunno just comes across as strange to me.

notseqi

Why do they always say their lives are at risk
Because the people they violently attack on the streets with skateboards, helmets, rocks and sometimes even guns don't just take it lying down like they should, sometimes they strike back.
Macroaggressions by white cis male scum, eh?

or

Is he a conservative? I wouldn't mind following a person or entity I absolutely detest to see what their arguments are and to gain some insight to how they think.
One reason a lot of the left sounds stupid in discussions, they don't engage with what they 'hate'.

Last edited:

Denton

And odds are no one hates them at all. The paranoia at that place is off the charts
No I absolutely hate them. I hate them for their fascist authoritarianism, idiocy and constant 15 minutes of hate tirades. (talking about some resetera members and mods)

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member

e89311fa5c4e1ae5ad2a46aaca308181.jpg

I cannot imagine how easy these people are to wind up. Brings me back to a dev I used to work with and there was a documentary aout older kids who still breastfed at about age 5-7 and most us said it was disgusting, then he went purple apeshit and started shouting 'it's natural and beautiful, how is it disgusting?'. Lasted the whole day. Also got extremely wound up when we moaned about car tax and cyclists not paying anything - he said it's not car tax it's vehicle excise duty. But the entertainment was then bringing that up as often as we could just to wind him up because it was like way OTT. They are thei bggest chompers at bait in the world, and literalyl anything is bait and that is why they are a laughing stock.

Saruhashi

Banned
Why do they always say their lives are at risk

Appropriation.

Using their commonalities with people who are genuinely at risk to pretend that they face the same risks.

If we are being honest the most disadvantaged communities in the US are predominantly black. When we talk about people disproportionately killed by police we are talking about young black males. When we talk about senseless gang violence and murder its the same. Young, poor, black dudes are killed at completely unacceptable levels for any supposedly developed and civilised nation.

So what do we see these folk online doing? Essentially trying to hijack that to make it all about them. Oh my god those young men whos lives were thrown away like it was nothing have the same skin color as me... MY LIFE IS AT RISK!

Its one thing to demand change and demand that things be changed to protect the vulnerable and poor and to give them better and more substantial opportunities to improve their lives.

Its another thing entirely to borrow their suffering and use it for online clout and points scoring before going off to college or your nice job or just enjoying your nice life.

I fucking hate this "THEY are killing US" bullshit when it's being spouted by cunts who've never been in danger their entire lives.

Defund the police!
No wait!
My professor said all lives matter, arrest him!

Its the same in the trans community over on Era. Nobody can deny the high rate of suicide among trans people. Its necessary to ask what the hell is going on there and demand that help be given in those situations.

However your average Reeeeee poster will try to muscle in on that to borrow a bit of the victimhood for themselves and then use that as a stick to beat others. JK Rowling expressed an opinion!? She is literally killing US!

Its all a big performance.
They don't give a fuck about the actual issues.
Just trying to use it for their own petty ends.
Usually to "win" arguments online.

Last edited:

notseqi

Nobody can deny the high rate of suicide among trans people. Its necessary to ask what the hell is going on there and demand that help be given in those situations.
Isn't it already pretty clear what the reasons are? Not just my own opinion, a lot of research has been made on the matter.
I can imagine that Reeera doesn't like those reasons and are substituting their own.

Saruhashi

Banned
Isn't it already pretty clear what the reasons are? Not just my own opinion, a lot of research has been made on the matter.
I can imagine that Reeera doesn't like those reasons and are substituting their own.

It doesn't really matter what the reasons are and since I am not an expert I just believe that people should get the help they need and not kill themselves.

I really just take issue with people who try to use it as a weapon. By pretending like anyone who doesn't just toe the line is responsible for the death of others.

In the case of CDPR I am sure Cyberpunk will be a massively popular and critically acclaimed game. Does it handle representation perfectly? I would guess not. Does it mean that Cyberpunk caused suicide because these folks couldn't have exactly what they wanted from the character creation or because of a few naughty tweets?

Its actually extremely worrying, abusive and toxic behaviour. Basically using the threat of suicide to control and influence the actions of other people.

People could kill themselves over this game! So just make the game the way I say you should. That's shitty.

Daffy Duck

Appropriation.

Using their commonalities with people who are genuinely at risk to pretend that they face the same risks.

If we are being honest the most disadvantaged communities in the US are predominantly black. When we talk about people disproportionately killed by police we are talking about young black males. When we talk about senseless gang violence and murder its the same. Young, poor, black dudes are killed at completely unacceptable levels for any supposedly developed and civilised nation.

So what do we see these folk online doing? Essentially trying to hijack that to make it all about them. Oh my god those young men whos lives were thrown away like it was nothing have the same skin color as me... MY LIFE IS AT RISK!

Its one thing to demand change and demand that things be changed to protect the vulnerable and poor and to give them better and more substantial opportunities to improve their lives.

Its another thing entirely to borrow their suffering and use it for online clout and points scoring before going off to college or your nice job or just enjoying your nice life.

I fucking hate this "THEY are killing US" bullshit when it's being spouted by cunts who've never been in danger their entire lives.

Defund the police!
No wait!
My professor said all lives matter, arrest him!

Its the same in the trans community over on Era. Nobody can deny the high rate of suicide among trans people. Its necessary to ask what the hell is going on there and demand that help be given in those situations.

However your average Reeeeee poster will try to muscle in on that to borrow a bit of the victimhood for themselves and then use that as a stick to beat others. JK Rowling expressed an opinion!? She is literally killing US!

Its all a big performance.
They don't give a fuck about the actual issues.
Just trying to use it for their own petty ends.
Usually to "win" arguments online.

it’s what white women do. They make everything about them.

Last edited:

nush

I cannot imagine how easy these people are to wind up. Brings me back to a dev I used to work with and there was a documentary aout older kids who still breastfed at about age 5-7 and most us said it was disgusting, then he went purple apeshit and started shouting 'it's natural and beautiful, how is it disgusting?'. Lasted the whole day. Also got extremely wound up when we moaned about car tax and cyclists not paying anything - he said it's not car tax it's vehicle excise duty. But the entertainment was then bringing that up as often as we could just to wind him up because it was like way OTT. They are thei bggest chompers at bait in the world, and literalyl anything is bait and that is why they are a laughing stock.

Bitty.jpg

Hudo

I legit don't understand why Cyberpunk is such a huge issue for them? Are CD Projekt forcing people to buy the game at gunpoint or something? If they don't like it, just don't buy it, lol.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Good on RDJ and Ruffalo. Ruffalo especially who is as left as they come. Are you going to cancel Marvel next era? I've heard Zack Synder is conservative so you need to cancel those awful DC films too while you're at it. Just saying... stay mad children.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Time to cancel the whole MCU!

See, here's the problem:

I am deeply critical of Chris Pratt and his affiliation with what is a bloody horrible evangelical church, with some pretty disgusting views about homosexuality.

However, I do not feel the need to call for his fucking head, or 'cancel' him, or wish death or pain on those that support him... because I am not a psychopath, or an entitled little brat who can't stand the idea that other people don't agree with me.

Instead of actively participating in an actual debate about anything, these timid little fuckwads just shut any discussion or shade of grey down, because they simply can't handle it. This does no one any good. You don't convince people by shutting them down. But they don't have the backbone for discussion or confrontation of any kind.

What the fuck was going on with the parenting of this generation? Were they brought up by a collection of spineless fucking blob fish?

notseqi

I legit don't understand why Cyberpunk is such a huge issue for them? Are CD Projekt forcing people to buy the game at gunpoint or something? If they don't like it, just don't buy it, lol.
They budged once, it's a huge seller and they have been successful with their last projects.
Easy thing to latch onto and get their shit takes out.

edit:
However, I do not feel the need to call for his fucking head, or 'cancel' him, or wish death or pain on those that support him... because I am not a psychopath, or an entitled little brat who can't stand the idea that other people don't agree with me.
How else are you going to teach them without threatening violence, cancellation or other mindless hate? HOW, I ASK YOU?

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

Imagine these people in high school debate clubs/in real world situations such as jobs...they wouldn’t know what to do.

No wonder they sit on the internet all day seething about everything

Last edited:

SNPlayen

Friday thread:

kuaq19V.jpg

sample post:

DNh7Ki8.jpg

Today's thread:

wzpVB3Y.jpg

Sample post:

bGq2Ahh.jpg

I think they have this thread 3x a week, slightly different wording, with the same fucking posts. Mind-numbing.
Why did they skip the part where they will cry and jack off and use that blanket to protect the PS5 and clean up?

HotPocket69

Banned

Friday thread:

kuaq19V.jpg

sample post:

DNh7Ki8.jpg

Today's thread:

wzpVB3Y.jpg

Sample post:

bGq2Ahh.jpg

I love this 🤣

The blanket, the eager wait, the play by play of every single thing he’ll be doing in preparation as if someone, somewhere hopefully gives a shit.

All that and he isn’t even playing a new gen launch title. He’s playing the fucking Mafia remake 🤣

WarrenD

Well he’s a Christian so he automatically hates the gay
Don’t forget though, only Christians despite the whole Jesus love thing.

Mention that Islam is the unflinching word of god and cannot be changed so they have to hate gays and watch the ban hammer come down without a response.

It’s like the college professor topic. They mention how she shouldn’t have dropped the n word while someone else calls her a cunt. They were called out by one person and the rest ignored it.

That place is the definition of it’s only ok when WE do it.

nush

PizHHZt.png

Their CDPR outrage seems to have run out of steam with nothing external feeding it. But there's still some gems being dropped.

Anybody who's worked in a technical field will recognize this one two punch from a manager/marketing/sales person within the company that's not technical.

"All you have to do is"

Followed by

"It's easy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom