• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorohedoro

tUDzKZ1.png

72SM.gif

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lol you beat me to it. i was just highlighting the sentence about the shape of their dick making the gears in their brain move.

our job in this thread is just too easy

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Start with some earlier Contra videos though because recent output is quite self referential and you're gonna get put off by her saying 'nya' all the time.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
How the FUCK do these people play ANY videogame? Since when is it some requirement do be able to 100% IDENTIFY with the character you control?! Jesus fuck.
Yeah. But then, of course, they‘ll mock the “fragile” dudes who complain about games with female characters because they “can’t identify” with them*

*there’s probably less complaints about this from dudes on the whole internet than there are complaints in a single REEE thread from minority members not feeling “fully represented” in a single video game. Like, I’m a dude and I never thought there was something demeaning in controlling Lara Croft. Always pick the women in fighting games, too - but of course that’s because I get a rush leering at them with my objectifying male gaze.

lmimmfn

She's actually worth watching. Well researched, good production values and often funny. A sane voice to understand real trans issues.
Ive watched her videos in the past and they were quite good, however my mrs would be wondering wtf im doing watching youtube videos about trans issues, but ive had that whole conversation on Kim Justice so all good now and subscribed( cos reeeee hates her ), lol

Regis

ROUND TWO

FIGHT
Hey, that's my post, lol.
I'm just tired of some companies thinking that we are still in the early 2000s when Latin America pirated everything and didn't contribute a shit to the games industry, things have changed a lot. Xbox was the first to heavily invest in the region and now they have a big advantage against Sony, the Xbox 360 was a sales monster and the Xbox One is the market leader despite being, you know, the Xbox One (in Mexico at least) much of that thanks to the effort they put on dubbing and localization, Halo and Gears are legendary thanks to their superb dubs, Marcus Fenix and Master Chief are pop culture icons here and the VAs often go to conventions, events and such.

What CDProjekt did is basically mix 2 languages into one, Castillian Spanish and Latin American Spanish.
These are even more different than Australian english compared to UK or American English, it's not just a heavy accent, it's pronouns, different words, etc.
Here the game is being hyped to the moon and back, I'm pretty sure Mexico alone will be close to matching Spain sales, then you add Colombia, Perú, Chile and it might surpass Spain sales.
With this dub no one will be pleased, I'm pretty sure of that. We will complain that we deserved our own dub and they will complain that they keep hearing "panchitos" in their supposed Spain dubbed game (some Latino characters like Jackie and the waifu will speak LA Spanish, V, Jhonny Silverhand, etc, will speak Castillian Spanish).

I just wrote it like that to blend into the discussion.

Last edited:

lmimmfn

I'm just tired of some companies thinking that we are still in the early 2000s when Latin America pirated everything and didn't contribute a shit to the games industry, things have changed a lot. Xbox was the first to heavily invest in the region and now they have a big advantage against Sony, the Xbox 360 was a sales monster and the Xbox One is the market leader despite being, you know, the Xbox One (in Mexico at least) much of that thanks to the effort they put on dubbing and localization, Halo and Gears are legendary thanks to their superb dubs, Marcus Fenix and Master Chief are pop culture icons here and the VAs often go to conventions, events and such.

What CDProjekt did is basically mix 2 languages into one, Castillian Spanish and Latin American Spanish.
These are even more different than Australian english compared to UK or American English, it's not just a heavy accent, it's pronouns, different words, etc.
Here the game is being hyped to the moon and back, I'm pretty sure Mexico alone will be close to matching Spain sales, then you add Colombia, Perú, Chile and it might surpass Spain sales.
With this dub no one will be pleased, I'm pretty sure of that. We will complain that we deserved our own dub and they will complain that they keep hearing "panchitos" in their supposed Spain dubbed game (some Latino characters like Jackie and the waifu will speak LA Spanish, V, Jhonny Silverhand, etc, will speak Castillian Spanish).

I wouldnt even bother posting on that shithole

HotPocket69

Banned

aZmQDfm.jpg

#Phonepunk#

Banned
This thread is going to be moving so fast when Trump wins in a landslide. We are going to see some account suicides the likes of which have never been seen.

They have gone so far left they are getting triggered by the trans representation in a videogame that is not even out yet and is by one of the more leftist and pro-LGBT companies in Europe. They have spent 4 years getting rid of anyone who isn’t extreme left through these totalitarian modding style. They are setting themselves up for the biggest fall. It will be GLORIOUS

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
This thread is going to be moving so fast when Trump wins in a landslide. We are going to see some account suicides the likes of which have never been seen.

They have gone so far left they are getting triggered by the trans representation in one of the more leftist and pro-LGBT companies in Europe. They are setting themselves up for the biggest fall.

The review thread for CP will be awesome too 🤣

Back to back major meltdowns 🥳

Last edited:

nush

They have gone so far left they are getting triggered by the trans representation in a videogame that is not even out yet and is by one of the more leftist and pro-LGBT companies in Europe. They have spent 4 years getting rid of anyone who isn’t extreme left through these totalitarian modding style. They are setting themselves up for the biggest fall. It will be GLORIOUS

In fact either way it's going to be amazing. They'll smell their own farts for a while then shit themselves the Alt right is going to get mad at losing and will be too scared to go outside in case they get shot. They'll continue to blame everything the new administration does wrong on trump before turning on Biden for not instantly turning the US into a woke utopia and not getting those kids out the cages, instantly eradicating Covid and locking up all the racists and transphobes on his first day in office.

Remember nothing is ever enough for them. Even winning.

LOL, the usual mentally ill screeching about it

QNIPkeS.png

FIX THEIR MESS

I love all the people ignore them to say how amazing this is and how they wish the game was already out lol

gLzOgTE.png

I like how Kyuuji outright says they don't care about budget in that thread, but expects CDPR to cater to NB people which is a minority of a minority, of which there's still no scientific consensus on.

Manus

Last edited:

lmimmfn

I like how Kyuuji outright says they don't care about budget in that thread, but expects CDPR to cater to NB people which is a minority of a minority, of which there's still no scientific consensus on.
Because everyone wants to have a chick avatar but a male voice or a male avatar with a female voice, jebus these people.

nush

Their all jerking off to their queen AOC while she tries to figure out a computer and stream on Twitch.
Actually she knows. She jumped in on a Donkey Kong 64 stream a couple of years ago.

I'm honestly confused as to what they want out of the voice acting, they're criticising Cyberpunk for what every other game does with voices, but suddenly it's this huge problem now.
I think it was #Phonepunk# #Phonepunk# who stated it perfectly a few pages back, that this is all about CDPR paying for the sins of those tweets from a few years ago. ResetEra has never forgiven them for that. Everything they do is scrutinized through that prism.

Similarly, they're hardly the only AAA studio who is crunching their employees, but because there are existing reasons to dislike them they're the ones taking a beating over it. Because they're an easy target; CDPR is guilty of past transgressions.

Consider what would happen if Jason Schreier did a story which found that THQ Nordic had eliminated 99% of all crunch at their studios. Rather than celebrate this unquestionably positive development, Era would scream about the 1% and rake them over the coals for it, because of the 8chan incident. It's just never going to go away. "Normally I'd say this is awesome, but fuck THQ!" And then they'd direct their vitriol towards Schreier and try to cancel him over spreading positive propaganda for a toxic business.

It really all boils down to who they like and who they don't like, and they just don't like CDPR.

It's amazing how everyone in that kyuuji bitch/moan thread is saying that CD Projekt Red has limitless money and that they should've done like 8 different voice recordings of the entire script just to incorporate their bullshit pronoun privilege. Not even Rockstar Games has enough money to accommodate that, with the very real requirements of a budget and a finite release date/deadline looming to do such a thing - nor would they give a flying fuck or a single shit about doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom