• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate The Sony State of Play 13.09.2022

Rate The Sony State of Play 13.09.2022

• Total voters

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Sony has Ronin games like Nintendo has farming games.

Taken 8 though.

Yah. Lots of farming games on Nintendo and lots of combat action games on Sony at their respective presentations.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
D

No huge surprises and and a lot of stuff looked a just bit shite. PSVR2 games looked really underwhelming (even so I can’t wait for PSVR2). Ronin - an Asian Assassin’s Creed, I would rather take a Ninja Gaiden thx. Lot of filler too, like that terrible looking station wagon game.

Tekken 8 and God of War looked fantastic.

Stella Blade, Syn Duality, Rise of the Ronin...Fuckin Nice!

If they would have just showed those 3 with GOW the grade would have been an easy A. They lost points for wasting my time with NFT's and some trash looking western games.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Despite the PSVR2 titles shown being lackluster (them being Quest ports) they showed lots of games. Pretty sure I'm interested in all of them save Tekken (not into fighting games).

A

CamHostage

Ronin game looks amazing (Ninja Gaiden prequel?)

Now that would be crazy legacy to share.

(It would also be an intriguing move, to have the franchise once exclusive to Xbox continue as an exclusive on PlayStation... although it's not like the Ninja Gaiden doesn't have a long and twisting lineage beyond even these two.)

Last edited:

Crayon

I was really surprised I saw so much good stuff in the space of 20 minutes. Would be an A considering the brevity but gets knocked down to B for holding out on the vr games.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Very strong showing. Easily the best of any console from what I’ve seen.

Also I love seeing that “Console exclusive” pop up.

kyliethicc

C or B for me. They're doing a lot better with these SoP.

if we don't get a showcase though I'm changing my rating to an F

t2JmP0O.png
Beautiful to have ya back my Pony brother

And they clearly have a showcase coming. Helldivers 2 trailer pretty much proves it.

GermanZepp

'A' for me. Everything they showed looked good, interesting and more fun that Tlou2.
🤭
And I'd play it all if I had money or time.

VinnyMac

Solid D+ and that's only because of the GOWR trailer. Way to many samurai games it might be just not my cup of tea or the fact I just finished GOT and thought it was a bore fest, but I feel like it was the same thing over and over.

Kusarigama

May be I'm partial to PlayStation but Tekken freaking 8, amazing trailer for GoW:Ragnarok, Rise of the Ronin and Stellar blade really knocked it out. A for me.

A but not SSS

I loved everything i saw and gonna get everything. That new GOW is a killer! Other games will be either B or A grade. Team Ninja got me back for good!

Camreezie

Tekken 8 , Ishiin , Stellar Blade , a kickass God of War trailer all dope.

The samurai game with a 2024 date lol. Seems like they just paid namco and sega a bunch of money for their trailers to add to the one god of war trailer Sony had. Weird state of play but great content

B+ for me; 20 minutes packed with many great announcements, (project eve, tekken 8, Ronin) and a fucking huge gow trailer (despite i don't like the 2018 reboot).

Also PSVR2 games even if the headset is not yet fully revealed

It would be an A if a new racing game would have been unveiled

Liked most of it but still not sold on the format. Bigger shows might drown smaller titles, put too much spotlight on a few heavy hitters while others get deprived of their five minutes of fame, but 20 min. of trailers without any fanfare within feels like not much. When they abandon the E3 format completely, just make it a recurring trailer show each month.
Waiting for something better, speculating "insiders" fantasizing about all sorts of content, and then only getting these, can only disappoint, maybe unjustly.

GymWolf

An 8 or 7 and a half?

Samurai yakuza remake, stellar ass, dlc ragnarock, way of the sekiro, mehkken 8, and some vr stuff, enough for me, especially when the expectations were lower than resetera average member testosterone level...

Last edited:

NahaNago

It was a "B" for me. It had a couple of games that looked good, and I'll probably buy but not much to shock and wow me.

drezz

I was hoping for something NEW with PSVR2, but it was just some Quest 2 ports; Which is just fine I guess, and Imo... They should've hold off on the Firewall:ULTRA announcement for this State of Play.
Then they could've at least laid claim to have shown off a New VR game and a older port, and another port that is continuelsy growing bigger and bigger(The DD game, has gotten large patches adding more and more stuff).
And as for Quest 2 ports... we will be getting a bunch of them for the next years too come; which is also just fine and all, but I really do want more NEW games with new and great gameplay. Im starving for it.

Medal of honor port? I'd love that!
Half Life Alyx port? I'd love that!
Boneworks port? I'd love that!(Bonelabs(Their next game) I think was confirmed for in development for PSVR2)
I just dont know about any Quest 2 games I really want ported over.
Time will tell.

It's a C+ for me.

The two japan/Ronin/Kyo games was OK, not my cup, but still looked cool.
GoW just fucking hit soo hard.
Tekken was OK, tekken tag was where I spent most of my tekken days, 4 brothers and multitap slapping the shit out of each other and abusing the pause button.

Kazdi

Neo Member
Iam disappointed with PSVR2 games shown. Ishin and epic gow trailer saved it, but still pretty weak compared to previous state of play, which had much better PSVR2 showing, RE4R and more... 3

Last edited:

FingerBang

I'm voting A for the quality of the trailers and the great mix of games.

I don't claim it to be perfect, there will never be a direct with only games that appeal to me, but it was a great mix of old and new games that ended with a stellar trailer for what is probably the GOTY for many.

A overall, keep them coming. We need more of them.

slade

B for me.

There were at least three must haves for me here. Sadly, one of those three is far far away.

Top Bottom