• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate The Sony State of Play 13.09.2022

Rate The Sony State of Play 13.09.2022

• Total voters

IFireflyl

Gold Member
That's an F from me. I can't believe it's 2022 and Sony still isn't releasing games on Xbox.

I actually haven't seen it yet, so I'll check it out later. The number of A and B votes is promising.

Rac3r

“A” for me. Glad to see an emphasis on Japanese/Asian games. Ishin and Ronin were nice surprises, Tekken looked fantastic, Project Eve is out next year, and the God of War trailer was amazing. Not sure how they could’ve done better in a 20 minute SoP.

Ezekiel_

Banned
xTvO0Qe.gif
You wouldn't recognize greatness if it hit you on the face 😂

Markio128

As SOPs go I gave it an A. I’ll likely buy every single one of those games. Even the GOW controller looks awesome. And the fact that it ended with one of the most epic trailers I’ve seen for a game, coming out in a couple of months, was the cherry on top.
The only thing I rolled my eyes at was the PlayStation Stars section, but thankfully it was only brief and not enough to spoil the party.
GOW:R looks immense, Project Eve looks awesome and Harry Potter could be a cracker. Add a couple of FF games and whatever else Sony has cooking in the oven for 2023 and the next 12 months are looking pretty sweet.

reksveks

B

Stellar Blade and GoW was the stand-out
Too early for me to get excited about Ronin personally
VR Games were rather ehh
Tekken was Tekken and I have moved on from Tekken

New Team Ninja IP? Check
Project Eve shown again? Check
Yakuza remake? Check
New Tekken game announced? Check
One of the best video game trailers in recent years with God of War? Check

At the end of this i thought only God of War was amazing...but i really think i'll end up playing most of this and i never say that after a State of Play....so A.

skit_data

B.

I’d probably drop it to a C if I’d come in with higher expectations but now they very much overdelivered compared to what I was expecting. If they’d thrown in maybe 1-2 unannounced killer titles it could’ve become an A in my book.

Baki

Good stuff. VR stuff was a dud. These games are already on the Quest but can’t expect much when Sony is releasing a wired VR system in 2023.

skit_data

Had low expectations but it was fine. Solid B

I am going to guess that Sony’s doing a December showcase this year after we’ve played GoW
Yeah, they’ll have to announce PSVR2 pricing and release date at some point and I’d be surprised if they didn’t make some sort of showcase to go along with it where they give some updates/announce some first party titles.

It’s crazy that still after this event we have no idea about what their internal studios are up to outside of Insomniacs games and Factions.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

I'll say B+ for me. I liked most the games, and the God of war trailer really hit for me, but I feel like something was missing.

nial

Gold Member
Pretty solid B, I mean, Tekken 8, Like A Dragon: Ishin, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin and God of War Ragnarok gameplay? Good stuff right there. Even though I wished to see more first-party titles, it was a 20 minute State of Play and I'm glad to see them improving a lot on these since the June one.

Gambit2483

Solid B. A few throwaways but everything else was interesting or gave a great update.

Hell, even the Harry Potter game looks awesome despite having no interest in the IP

Aenima

A for that Project Eve Ass.
Overall was a great show to me as there was a good amount of games shown that im interested in playing.

Mr Hyde

Very good State of Play. Syn duality looked fun, Stellar Blade looks awesome and Rise of the Ronin too looks promising. But damn, God of War Ragnarok blew my mind. That trailer was insane. It will most likely be day 1 for that. Fucking hyped! We be eating good here at Playstation ❤️

mortal

Gold Member
That was at least a B+ for me.

Not every single title was a winner for me, but it's was mostly solid. They should've made that PlayStation Stars segment a blogpost though.

bender

What time is it?
A

Hyped for:

Ishin
Rise of the Ronin

The exclusive mission for Hogwarts peaked my interest too. I'll have to see what that game is all about.

Trogdor1123

B for me. Eve looks awesome , gow looks good, that car one is interesting, that vr card game looked really cool too. All in all, it was pretty great. Just need it to be longer!

Forgot about hogwarts, that looked awesome

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I gave it a B, Tekken looked fantastic, same with Project Eve, God of War Ragnarok and also that Ronin game. Pretty happy with it, it would have been an A if they had showed Final Fantasy XVI.

Top Bottom