• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate The Sony State of Play 13.09.2022

Rate The Sony State of Play 13.09.2022

• Total voters
C or B for me. They're doing a lot better with these SoP.

if we don't get a showcase though I'm changing my rating to an F

t2JmP0O.png

Last edited:

SSfox

A for me

Tekken 8 OMFGGGGGGGGGGG
GOWR trailer insane
Ronin game looks amazing (Ninja Gaiden prequel?)
Project Eve looks amazing

Now please don't ever share this Snitch silly tweets.

Last edited:

Elios83

A from me because I liked everything there.
And I'm super happy about Ishin remake in February.
Stellar Blade and Rise of Ronin were great and Tekken 8 looks better than the CGIs of a few years ago.
And the final GOW trailer was mega hype.
It only lacked a new FF trailer to be stellar but SE has their own stuff at TGS so it might still happen.

Saber

Gold Member
A

Stellar Blade, Ronin and the Mecha Robot game saved this showcase for me. Otherwise would be F.

edit: changed from B to A because I forgot about the Yakuza game.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

B
Good announcements, short but thats not a flaw because they show you what they have.
What prevents it from A is that midway through they announced some toys or something that i didnt care about
What prevents it from S is that the games are not that amazing, there is better.
S tier should be like:
Silent Hill 2 remake, Bloodborne 2 or PC/PS5 port, Metal Gear Solid remake, and a brand new footage of some acclaimed AAA exclusive, good indie game showing, Half Life 3.
That i would give S.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
B from me, it had about 5mins of stuff i liked.so about the right ratio from a 20min show.
The PSVR2 games look pretty forgettable as do the indies, stellar blade on ronin look like something Ive already played many times. Tekken and Ragnarok were genuinely very good so it gets a B.

Last edited:

Darchaos

If they could not blend in the controller shit and the ps whatever it was, i would say A. But they didnt so a B. Alot better then the remasterking Nintendo Though.

A-

Nothing mind-blowing but a really solid SoP, I'm satisfied. Using games I will buy as a measuring stick they absolutely delivered. I'm buying Tekken 8, I'm buying Ishin, I'm buying Ronin, I'm buying Project Eve. I stopped watching when GoW started, I've seen more than enough and been on media blackout for months, I know they will deliver.

Now what Sony *really* needs is a big Showcase event in December to end 2022 with a bang. We still have no idea what their big 1st party studios are working on (besides Spider-Man 2, Wolverine and TLoU mp). It's been a very good year for Team Blue but PlayStation has weathered some bad press and that certain intangible "magic" has been missing. Get it together Jimbo, give us what we need.

Last edited:

Sensei

Solid B for me.
I had low expectations, but they surprised me. Probably one their best State of Plays.
Personal highlights were Tekken 8, Project Eve/Stellar Blade and, of course, God of War Ragnarock.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
C

Tekken 8 and that driving game (I forget what it was called) which at first looked like it could be Alan Wake 2.

The rest of the show was GOW and games with Japanese women with the highest pitched voices ever and Japanese men with the deepest voices on planet earth.

Nautilus

Banned
6.5/10

Solid enough. But these states of play are always weaker than most presentations for some odd reason

GHG

D

I don't know how in God's mind you can rate it an A. People standards have really shrunken since the beginning of this gen haven't they ?

Tekken 8, New Yakuza, new Team Ninja game, Waifunetta game.

I can see why this would have been top tier for some people.

The only reason it's not an A for me is not because of anything missing (I will play pretty much all the games shown apart from the VR ones), I'd just like to have seen more.

[Sigma]

B for me.

God of War
Rise of the Ronin
Ishin Remake
Tekken 8(didn't expect to see this again so soon but it looks amazing visually)

Stellar Blade looks fun gameplay wise(but I don't expect a decent story out of it lol.)

Id say they beat my expectations. That's two good State of Plays in a row as the last one was in June which was really good too. It's not earth shattering but it wasn't a wasted 20 minutes.

Sony doing these smaller directs over and over really worked, because now when we get something that even barely meets the minimum expectations people rate it an A.

No way we get a big showcase again, Sony really doesn’t need to do it. Drip feeding works better.

Top Bottom