• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate The Sony State of Play 13.09.2022

Rate The Sony State of Play 13.09.2022

• Total voters
I rate it Tekken/10

200.webp

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
A-tier showing.

Gotta be at least semi-objective and judge based on the format as much as the content. SoP is intentionally not a full-on annual blowout, and what we got there was unusually strong for a "tap-the-gas" presentation. Good mixture of established franchises and new IP, can't really fault it.

Last edited:
GoW makes it a C for me. Sony has a particularly nice style to their showings for sure. Not a lot of content that spoke to me.

Same.

I mean for those who enjoy these games I'm sure it looks really cool and all. Me, i'm looking forward to games that's pushing these next gen systems and I mean really PUSH them. This cross-gen stuff needs to end already.

Not downplaying this game at all because this is one of Sony's top studios but imagine what they can do if they were to drop last gen console development and only focus on PS5.

Last edited:
Solid B. It showed off a decent variety of games, some that were already known and some that were newly revealed, that could appeal to many different audiences.

B for me cause I don't like the Yakuza nonsense series. GoW:R on the other hand, I don't usually get hyped but that didn't stop me going fuuuuuuuck every 3 seconds last evening

I got what I wanted so I'll give it a B. If there was a big 1st party new game reveal, I would have given it an A.

I'm also thinking they ain't done. They barely showed anything for PSVR2, so another show is coming. This was just a nod to Japanese developers because of TGS.

Last edited:

SilentUser

It was pretty good, but too short, imo. Would like an extra 10 min maintaining the quality content they brought this SoP.

D, outside of the expected God of War, there was just Ronin from Team Ninja that was somewhat intriguing
So State of Plays continue. You watch them, and you're always disappointed.

Guess the times of great shows with wow moments are over

MikeM

A for me

Quite possibly the best trailer ever in GoW.
Project Eve looks amazing (combat, visuals, main character speaks to my inner teenage boy)
Tekken 8 (my childhood!)

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
C+ for me. Solid showing but I’m not a massive Japanese games fan so only a couple of those titles piqued my interest.

Ragnarok is going to print money.

Last edited:

Moochi

I'm almost done playing Like A Dragon on Game Pass, and its the most i've been into a turn based rpg since Persona 3 FES. It was an A show for me.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
D, outside of the expected God of War, there was just Ronin from Team Ninja that was somewhat intriguing
So State of Plays continue. You watch them, and you're always disappointed.

Guess the times of great shows with wow moments are over

You smoking crack if you though that 20 minutes was a D.

Jimmy_liv

They're OK these Sop's but I rewatched the original GoW reveal at E3 earlier today. Live orchestra, actual gameplay.... That was special. That was Sony in beast mode!

The SOP's just pale in comparison unfortunately.

Top Bottom