• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank preview embargo up tomorrow (12th May - 7am PT / 3pm UK / 10am ET)

supernova8

Banned
I hope the 4 people who actually legit own a PS5 get to enjoy this game, this is what a true next-gen should look and feel like. Too bad I can't get to play this game.

Or rather the 2 people who managed to buy a PS5 without buying from scalpers and without using a bot themselves.

I swear I don't know anyone (personally) who has a PS5. I've only ever seen Youtubers with them.

Maybe it's all a big scam and the PS5 isn't really releasing until 2023.

kyliethicc

I know, but they haven’t shown it. I want the previews to show it off.
Oh ok. The R&C page on Sony's website says the 60 mode will require the day 1 patch download, so I kinda doubt these preview builds will have that yet. Most likely just 30 + RT mode in this preview, but who knows.

Umbasaborne

Banned
We need a poll to guess who between kotaku and vice is gonna call for the elimination of white straight ratchet in favor of an entire game with rivet.
i already see posts on era staying that :/, i get championing for diversity, if i was gay or in any other minority group id want characters who ic an relate to. But i dont get why one has to come at the expense of the other. Miles morales and peter can both be spiderman, they are both strong, i dont see why rivet and ratchet cant coexist as well, why do people want her to replace ratchet? Its the same type of people who give you the side eye if you say you preferred playing as male shep in mass effect. I dont get why one has to be better, or replace the old one.

Another win for Sony incoming.

steve coogan GIF

nbkicker

Well 25min to go, if its gonna happen, cant wait to hear some more about this game,hopefully some unseen footage comes online as well, although already got the deluxe digital edition already preordered on ps5, loved the last one on ps4 so as long as its as good as that im sorted

Shmunter

Well 25min to go, if its gonna happen, cant wait to hear some more about this game,hopefully some unseen footage comes online as well, although already got the deluxe digital edition already preordered on ps5, loved the last one on ps4 so as long as its as good as that im sorted
“We can only talk about the first 2 levels while we leave you blue balling all the way up-to release”

nbkicker

“We can only talk about the first 2 levels while we leave you blue balling all the way up-to release”
Yeah im kinda thinking we gonna get them all talking about what we seen in the state of play 20min demo, although new game informer issue should be out soon so maybe this will be next cover issue and we get something we dont already no

nbkicker

Well you tube channels for game informer and playstation access got previews up, im having to go out but scrolling through the video im sure there new footage being shown, will watch it all when get back later 😊

Last edited:

noise36

People talking about picking the game on a sale. A cancer to this industry.

PS5 game prices are up like 50% at release in Australia compared to PS4 , it's frankly disgraceful.

Why bother paying top dollar when you can just play your backlog of PC, switch, Xbox and even PS4 games .

Saying that this game is probably my first PS5 game purchase, can play it through with my kid than resell it.

Looks great and it’s also a fully developed next generation game in a time of cross generation stuff.

I like Insomniac, Sunset and Spider-Man are some of my favs from XB1 and PS4, got no doubt this will be another great game from them.

Papacheeks

Banned
PS5 game prices are up like 50% at release in Australia compared to PS4 , it's frankly disgraceful.

Why bother paying top dollar when you can just play your backlog of PC, switch, Xbox and even PS4 games .

Saying that this game is probably my first PS5 game purchase, can play it through with my kid than resell it.

Games in the 90's were these prices in AUstralia. It's just prices went down after 16 bit era. Street fighter 2 was 129.99 for Sega megaDrive back in 90's.

Look up "parallel import restrictions" gives you an idea of why electronics and such are so expensive in AUSTRALIA. It is similar for other countries as well.

I know it's a shit site, but this article is pretty good at giving us a view into some of the reasons games are so expensive outside UK/US.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Looks so good. Really looking forward to this one. Unfortunately, with demand where it is now, I bet I'll be able to get this for free on PS+ by the time I land a system.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Or rather the 2 people who managed to buy a PS5 without buying from scalpers and without using a bot themselves.

I swear I don't know anyone (personally) who has a PS5. I've only ever seen Youtubers with them.

Maybe it's all a big scam and the PS5 isn't really releasing until 2023.
Me and 4 of my friends have PS5s. These are people I know personally. Exactly ZERO of them payed scalpers - 2 of them got theirs on Amazon (like me), 1 from Walmart and 1 from GameStop. The console is hard to get but you can grab one if you keep up on stock alerts.

Kuranghi

i already see posts on era staying that :/, i get championing for diversity, if i was gay or in any other minority group id want characters who ic an relate to. But i dont get why one has to come at the expense of the other. Miles morales and peter can both be spiderman, they are both strong, i dont see why rivet and ratchet cant coexist as well, why do people want her to replace ratchet? Its the same type of people who give you the side eye if you say you preferred playing as male shep in mass effect. I dont get why one has to be better, or replace the old one.

Not attacking you here, I agree with your whole post, but... why do you even think that that I bolded? I'm a straight white man but I've played as people of a different sex and race (species even lol) my whole life and I just treated those characters who were different from me the same as the ones who were.

I don't get this thinking at all because I don't imagine I am who I play as I imagine I control them, so its all the same, I'm still me in every case. I don't believe I need to be a minority/woman/whatever to understand whats its like to have the other experience because as I said before I've played as many different types of people in games over the years, so I've already experienced controlling someone who isn't like my real life me, just obviously less often since most main characters are white and men.

I think its just how different people experience games, maybe if I did actually think I was the player character I'd feel differently, but as it stands I don't know what representation has to do with this kind of art.

Top Bottom