• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

e3 2021 | The full recap

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I thankfully decided not to tune into that one, worth watching just to see how bad it was?
Absolutely not.
It's not Konami 2010 bad, while it's so cringe that it's fun and a goldmine of meme.
Prime Matter was just boring PR talk for TWOOOOO HOURSSSSS.

Great Hair

Banned
Xbox stole the show, not up for debate. Crushing!
Because the others had a weak showing. :)
fail old lady GIF

Dr Bass

Is there anything tomorrow? And Nintendo is Tuesday?

Looks like Capcom is tomorrow. So this thing is basically almost over then. :messenger_tongue:

Last edited:

CamHostage

Reserved

Please don't hesitate to @ me for any news you see or suggestions you have!
Hello Kyo, what's happening? Um, I'm going to need you to go ahead and add about 89 games from the Future Games Show, so if you could just come in to work tomorrow to add those in there, that'd greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat...

(*Appreciate the thread, this show is exhausting to get a handle on.)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

CamHostage

I should go to sleep :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I need you to create about 89 threads, then I'll add them to the OP.
But for real, some games are so boring, I don't know if it's worth it.

Heh, as somebody who had to do some of this E3 cataloging elsewhere, I can promise you, it is not worth it.

Watch Office Space instead, then get some sleep. There's more E3 tomorrow.

Last edited:

CuNi

Gold Member
I haven't been following all the live shows, does anyone know it that Valve/Steam announcement was already made?
There was supposed to be a announcement made from Gabe Newell?

Quantum253

Gold Member
I haven't been following all the live shows, does anyone know it that Valve/Steam announcement was already made?
There was supposed to be a announcement made from Gabe Newell?
I believe that demos were coming to Steam. That was in the PC presentation

Time mark 1.04

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Man the PC Gamer show was tight, a lot of great games.

This was the E3 of the Indie Game, for sure. Even with bombastic AAA-titles like Battlefield, Halo and Forza, it's little games like Death's Door, Replaced, Death Trash and Trek to Yomi that really wowed me.

Very inspiring stuff in the indie scene, infinitely more so than in the big budget ecosystems.

Alebrije

No Megatons ...most of games are for 2022.

Devolver was the most interesting conference because besides the crazy scrip and show their games look fun..specially the sparrow one.

Microsoft just reinforced Gamepass..but the rest were just graphical improvements of old franchises and some trailes of new ones but not gameplay. At this moment Starfield should be playable but it seems Bethesda was broken before Microsoft got it....no marginal advances on thier IPs...

Last edited:

Kenpachii

They finished it off, with racisme and sexisme obviously. What a absolute deplorable fucking shitters that verizon company is.

Kagey K

Banned
Anybody watching this Amiga show?

Tommy has a pretty interesting take on a console for casuals. I don't know if it'll find a market though.

manfestival

This stuff is so boring... GIVE ME THE VIDEO GAMES! Today is basically racism/sexism/politics day.
Also hilarious that the e3 hosts took a jab at the twitch chat after that dumpster fire Verizon show.

Kagey K

Banned
This Blanco block party shit is terrible. NFT digital vinyl toy collectibles? Appreciating assets? Selling to collectors?

WTF. :messenger_weary:

Fbh

Yeah pretty bad so far.

Of the ones I've seen:
Geoff Keighley event: 6/10 (only because of Elden Ring, otherwise it would be like a 3)
Ubisoft: 3/10
Microsoft: 7/10
Square: 0/10

Hopefully the Nintendo one is decent. Also looking forward to the bandai namco one in case they show more Elden Ring. Capcom could also be interesting if they have announcements.

EDIT:
Oh fuck forgot Devolver. Probably a 7 too. Not many games but most looked fun, and the show itself was at least fun to watch

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
These 2 blowing each other about how good they are at Business and E-Sports had been the absolute worst thing I've seen at any E3

TaroYamada

The fact that Series X is only going to justify itself at the tail end of its first year is incredible. MS should have way more to show given their spend and the size of their first party stable. It's a constant state of waiting for Xbox to get their shit together. It reminds me of when Wii U owners would say "just wait until Mario Kart..... Mario..... Smash..... etc." to explain away the sales figures.

Forza Horizon 5 is a cool announcement and I loved the 4th game. It's also terribly predictable. Rare's project is reportedly being rebooted from the ground up and now targeting 2024. No appearance from Fable. Outer Worlds 2 announcement is potentially interesting but they didn't actually have anything to show for it. Psychonauts 2 looks great, and even though it's coming to PS4 chances are it's gonna be significantly worse there since it's not going to on PS5. Having next-gen exclusivity for it is a definite feather in their cap. It's a C from me.

I hope Nintendo delivers tomorrow, whether it's the Fusion remake rumors, DKC rumors, Pro Switch, whatever. Bring something big. Or even just show up with Metroid Prime 4 or Bayo 3 gameplay, finally.

Dr Bass

Lady, I don't need a recap of a 20 minute presentation that had three things.

Edit: Whoops, this was meant for the Capcom thread.

Last edited:

thebigmanjosh

Gold Member
I thought it was a mistake when I ended my call at 3PM and couldn't find the live stream. What an embarrassing showing by Capcom.

Top Bottom