• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

e3 2021 | The full recap

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
After 2 years of waiting, e3 is finally back. And it's full of disappointment :messenger_pensive:

unknown.png

e3 2021 is embracing the future and showcasing the video game industry with boring shows and some of the worst conference in history (hello Koch and Namco)
This year, we have four days of major reveals (99% indie games), press conferences, industry showcases and more
The all-digital experience runs from Saturday, June 12 through Tuesday, June 15
The e3 2021 EPK can be found
here

Official live feeds/useful links:
Youtube | Twitter
Website | Twitch

e3 Countdown

June 5 & June 12 - The Guerrilla Collective
E2P5785VgAAchHV.jpg

List of games presented:

Aeon Drive
Aragami 2
Batora: Lost Haven
Behind the Frame
Black Book
Elderand
Endling
Grime
Hello Neighbor 2
Industria
Moroi
Potion Craft: Alchemist Simulator
Rawmen: Food Fighter Arena
Severed Steel
Slime Heroes
The Light of the Darkness
Trash Sailors
UnMetal
White Shadows

Wolfstride

June 10 - Summer Game Fest
summer-game-fest-2021.jpg

➡️
Click here to access the thread⬅️
List of games presented:

ANNO: Mutationem
Death Stranding Director's Cut
Deviation Games signs with Sony to develop a new IP
El Paso, Elsewhere
Elden Ring
Evil Dead: The Game
Jurassic World Evolution 2
Lost Ark
Metal Slug Tactics
Monster Hunter Stories 2
New Painkiller (Saber Interactive)
Omno
Project Echoes of the End
Run Die Run Again
Source of Madness
Tales of Arise
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodhunt

June 11 - Tribeca Games Spotlight
Sans_titre.png

➡️Click here to access the thread⬅️
List of games presented:

12 Minutes
Kena: Bridge Of Spirits
Lost In Random
Sable
Scars Above

June 11 - Deep Silver/Koch Media
koch-footer.png

List of games presented:

Dolmen
Encased

Final Form
King's Bounty II
Payday 3

June 11 - IGN Expo
ign.png

List of games presented:

Arboria
Blacktail
Bramble: The Mountain King
Broken Pieces
Doki Doki Literature Club Plus
Ikai
Martha is Dead
Mortal Shell - The Virtuous Cycle
Sifu
SkateBIRD
Steelrising
Survival Machine
The Lightbringer
Tinkertown
Tunic
Ultra Age
Alfred Hitchcock Present: Vertigo
Wild West Dynasty
World War Z Aftermath

June 12 - Ubisoft Forward
UBISOFT_FWD_STD_1920x600_1.jpg

➡️
List of games presented:

Far Cry 6
Ghost Recon Breakpoint: 20th Anniversary Trailer
Mario + Rabbids 2: Sparks of Hope
Rainbow Six Extraction
Riders Republic
Rocksmith +

June 12 - Devolver Digital Showcase
devolver.png

List of games presented:

Death's Door
Phantom Abyss
Shadow Warrior 3
Trek to Yomi
Tumble Time

June 13 - Upload VR Showcase
upload-vr-2021-banner.jpg

List of games presented:

A Township Tale
Green Hell VR
I Expect You To Die 2
Nerf Ultimate Championship
Sam & Max: This Time Its Virtual
Sniper Elite VR
Traffic Jams
Windlands 2

June 13 - Xbox & Bethesda Showcase
Sans_titre.png

List of games presented:

Age of Empires IV
A Plague Tale: Requiem
Atomic Heart
Battlefield 2042
Contraband
Diablo II Resurrected
Fallout 76: Expeditions
Flight Simulator
Forza Horizon 5
Halo Infinite Multiplayer Reveal
Redfall
REPLACED
Somerville
Starfield
S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2
The Outer Worlds 2

June 13 - Square Enix Showcase
square-enix-1620x800.jpeg

List of games presented:

Babylon's Fall
Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster
Guardians of the Galaxy
Life is Strange - Remastered Collection
Life is Strange: True Colors
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

June 13 - The PC Gaming Show
pc-gaming-show-2021.jpg

List of games presented:

Arboria
Dying Light 2
Far: Changing Tides
Humankind
Icarus
Ixion
Lust from Beyond: M Edition
Mechajammer
Next Space Rebels
Orcs Must Die 3
Pioneer
Silt
Soulstice
They Always Run
Vampire: The Masquerade Swansong

June 13 - The Future Games Show
xjSdSixfTtQtyVhZ7HpJHJ.jpg

➡️Click here to access the thread ⬅️
List of games presented:

Enlisted
ESBC Sport Boxing
Happy Game
Harold Halibut
Instinction
Lake
OlliOlli World
Serial Cleaners
Sonic Colors Ultimate

June 14 - Limited Run Showcase
lrg-banner.jpg

List of games presented:

Shantae
Huntdown

June 14 - Capcom
E3XKi5sXwAAVhSs.jpg

List of games presented:

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
Monster Hunter Stories 2
Monster Hunter Rise - June/July Update

June 15 - Nintendo e3 Showcase
thumbnail.jpeg

➡️
List of games presented:

Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
Mario Party Superstars
Metroid Dread
Shin Megami Tensei V
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania

WarioWare: Get It Together!

June 15 - Bandai Namco Next
bandai-namco-banner.jpg

The only game presented:

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes

June 16 to June 22 - Steam Next Fest
maxresdefault.jpg

10AM PT / 1PM ET
Steam Next Fest is the rebranded version of the Steam Game Festival, and its focus will be quite similar.
There will be a tons of live streams from developers and "hundreds" of free game demos to enjoy throughout the six-day event.
Twitch

June 17 - Xbox & Bethesda Showcase
xbox.jpg

➡️Click here to access the thread ⬅️
List of games presented:
Flight Simulator – Nordics World Update
Psychonauts 2
RoboQuest
Scarlet Nexus
Senua's Saga: Hellblade II

Xbox Design Lab is Back

July 22 - EA Play
logo-ea-play-live-2020.png

Okay, so it's not technically part of the e3 2021 schedule, but it would be rude not to include EA's summer showcase in here.
That's right, rather than debuting in the days before e3, this year EA has gone rogue and is hosting its EA Play event on July 22. With a Battlefield 6 announcement due in June, expect to see more of that at this July event.
Twitch

TBD - Sony
95159_gb_news.jpg

With Sony being one of the leading companies in the gaming Industry and e3 being one of the largest gaming conferences of the year, you'd expect PlayStation to play some part.
However, they haven't done so in previous years, for a variety of reasons. You can still expect the brand to hold a conference sometime around e3.
Twitch

WNK9x.gif

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Reserved

Please don't hesitate to @ me for any news you see or suggestions you have!

Last edited:

CuNi

Gold Member
NGL, back in the days I was hyped for E3, took the week off from work, stayed up all night, was posting all the news for my discord server of friends etc.
Planned and was hyped for that stuff weeks in advance.

Nowadays, I just found this thread and was surprised it's basically already around the corner. I don't think I'll watch much of that live and just watch the recaps afterwads.
And let's be honest, this fade in hype is not just because of covid, it's that those things really became lackluster.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I can't wait to see Gran Turismo 7, Uncharted, God of War Ragnorak, Horizon Forbidden West and a few new IPs at Sony's own show and I want to see Fable, Perfect Dark, and Starfield from Xbox

Do we know if Perfect Dark is 3rd person or it's a FPS?

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
NGL, back in the days I was hyped for E3, took the week off from work, stayed up all night, was posting all the news for my discord server of friends etc.
Planned and was hyped for that stuff weeks in advance.

Nowadays, I just found this thread and was surprised it's basically already around the corner. I don't think I'll watch much of that live and just watch the recaps afterwads.
And let's be honest, this fade in hype is not just because of covid, it's that those things really became lackluster.
I'm the same. I think it's mostly because of these new consoles not being available for god knows how much longer and also the fact that either every other game gets delayed these days or they are released on time but in very shoddy states. Plus the fact that loads of these announcements still happen by ways of CGI or 'in-engine' nonsense just makes it all the less exciting.

I'm mostly looking forward to the Steam event this year around. Last year's event was fantastic and made me wishlist and buy a ton of titles that would've otherwise not even be on my radar. I think it's a wonderful way of 'bringing E3 home' what with the amount of demos that are available. Love that sort of stuff.

Last edited:

Rheon

I'm just hoping for some juicy Bethesda news.

And maybe some Avowed tidbits. Or any fucking RPG. I just need something RPG-related,

Diddy X

If this E3 is not good they can already let it die, but seriously this time it's looking like they might have some quality stuff to show and also need to regain the traction they lost with the last bad years.

skakmk

I still don't understand why Sony doesn't want to be at E3. Their worst E3(in PS4 era) was miles better than any other Companies best E3.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I still don't understand why Sony doesn't want to be at E3. Their worst E3(in PS4 era) was miles better than any other Companies best E3.
Their last E3 they were forced to change venues mid-conference. My guess is that they are bitter about that happening to them.

I get the point of the thread, but when I saw "The Full Recap" i initially was sitting here like "Damn I missed a whole E3" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I gotta put the weed down, devils grass doing me wrong. don't mind me, great thread and i'll more than likely use it to watch all the shows while at work lol

CuNi

Gold Member
I'm the same. I think it's mostly because of these new consoles not being available for god knows how much longer and also the fact that either every other game gets delayed these days or they are released on time but in very shoddy states. Plus the fact that loads of these announcements still happen by ways of CGI or 'in-engine' nonsense just makes it all the less exciting.

I'm mostly looking forward to the Steam event this year around. Last year's event was fantastic and made me wishlist and buy a ton of titles that would've otherwise not even be on my radar. I think it's a wonderful way of 'bringing E3 home' what with the amount of demos that are available. Love that sort of stuff.

I think, partially for me, on top of what you said is that it's not a "Available later this year!"-Announcement, but rather a "We actually just started working on it, don't expect that to release for at least 3 years and that is if all goes smooth and no delays happen"

I am excited.

I hope Xbox have some big guns to flex this year. I’m sure with Bethesda joining there will be a few unknown games to be revealed and hopefully some Hellblade II.

sinisterpanda

Neo Member
I'm very excited because I'm going to make my decision between XSX and PS5. I hope we'll see good shows from every company.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I can't tell if this is going to be a bad E3 because so little will come out this year, or a good E3 since they will be hyping more future titles along with delayed titles. Either way it is the first real E3 of the gen.

Just need to see Starfield.

Hoping MS doesn't waste time in faraway stuff and just keep it short

Starfield: 20mins
Halo Infinite: 5mins
Psychonauts 2: 5 mins.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

E3 was forced to skip 2020 for obvious and understandable reasons, but finally, it's almost time for it to return. The biggest names in the industry will soon be coming together once again for reveals, announcements, and updates in a single week of concentrated hype, and the excitement is certainly ramping up as that week approaches.

Rumours, speculation, and leaks go hand-in-hand with E3, and there's been plenty of that going around lately- so here, we're going to talk about fifteen big games that have been rumoured (or at least speculated) to make an appearance at the event next month.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

E3 Season begins short and Sony is the only who have no revealed their plans or when their next big showcase is. Here are 11 Announcements Sony need to make around the E3 2021 season for the fans to be happy and fulfilled.

Last edited:

Vognerful

It is funny how there is equal romurs that a reboot of sort for MGS will appear the E3. The funny part is that there is a competition on who will show it (Sony or MS).

Zimmy68

Can you recap an event that hasn't happened yet?
Can we get a thread for the Xbox Series Z and PS6 reviews now please?

Kuranghi

We already got some stuff coming at 6:30pm tonight, pretty excited! I can't figure out what it will be lol so probably a big disappointment but I'm hyped regardless:

giphy.gif

Fill me up with your salty morsels E3.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Can you recap an event that hasn't happened yet?
Can we get a thread for the Xbox Series Z and PS6 reviews now please?
Sarcastic George Costanza GIF

When I created this thread, I thought about that.
But I also thought to myself that this thread is going to be useful before, during and after e3 so that's why it's called like that. I even write it in the OP:
"I'll keep update this thread as I gather more information, before and after the events so everything well be accessible in one place with links to appropriate threads."
And trust me, that's gonna be some work.

But please be my guest, feel free to create a new, quality thread

BlackTron

If this E3 is not good they can already let it die, but seriously this time it's looking like they might have some quality stuff to show and also need to regain the traction they lost with the last bad years.

It's an interesting alignment of factors especially after covid...not only did game development and announcements slow down, demand rose significantly as everyone stayed home. Gaming is fresher than ever in the minds of many new/lapsed gamers, and E3 could take advantage of that potential to be an explosive moment that "officially" lifted gaming out of the covid curse.

Zimmy68

Sarcastic George Costanza GIF

When I created this thread, I thought about that.
But I also thought to myself that this thread is going to be useful before, during and after e3 so that's why it's called like that. I even write it in the OP:
"I'll keep update this thread as I gather more information, before and after the events so everything well be accessible in one place with links to appropriate threads."
And trust me, that's gonna be some work.

But please be my guest, feel free to create a new, quality thread
The thread is great, the title isn't. You have a hype/expectation thread, maybe a during the event thread, then a "RECAP' that recaps the event.
Calling something a recap before an event takes place makes absolutely no sense to me, but it could be just me so ignore me.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The thread is great, the title isn't. You have a hype/expectation thread, maybe a during the event thread, then a "RECAP' that recaps the event.
Calling something a recap before an event takes place makes absolutely no sense to me, but it could be just me so ignore me.
I get your point and I kinda agree. Your not the only one that was confused by the title (see post n°17 for example) but there is a way to say things. Not to mention I was just waking up and a little bit upset about something irl but whatever, I'm sorry if I was rude
For now it is a recap of what showcase take place and when. But imo, a thread before, during and after the event is a little bit too much. One big thread that summarize everything, with links to appropriate thread for each show (when they are created) is a lot more useful and easy to manage.

Top Bottom