• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

--PS5 reportedly struggling with Resident Evil 8: can barely run it at 1080p/60

Status
Not open for further replies.
ybtolEz.jpg

LOL

If you're going to apply your reasoning to the xbox, then it's a lot of shit made for idiots.

And again the same delirium of the incredible powers in wonderful DirectX, the incredible software that only MS can do ... Made for PCs, where nobody on the PC cares about this shit only "xbox fans"

Xbox:

A graphics gameplay that loses to killzone SF 2013, and still running on PC

CGs without date

idiots: wow, that hidden power must be incredible, so hidden that NO ONE SAW.

PS5: Gameplay, engine running on PS5

idiots: wow, you have to see this, RDNA1, super heat, garbage hurrr durrrrrrr

it is because of this low intellectual level of the average xbox consumer who writes on the internet, that the xbox is in this ridiculous state of 4 months before the launch has ONE GAMEPLAY ON THE PC and the rest are CGs FAKES without date.
Posts like this are what make these forums fanboy garbage at times. If anything sounds unintelligent it is fanboy dribble like this. One game, no matter how hyped up, does not make a generation. Remember the hype around Lair? Or The Order? Neither games set the bar for the PS3 or PS4. The new Halo isn't going to set the bar and neither is Rachet and Clank. My guess is Halo is going to look pretty good when it comes out and play stellar. And RE8 will probably be pretty equal between platforms..

Also I get the criticism of MS showing CG but Sony fans have eaten that same shit up for years at E3. The collective pant splooging when the FFVII remake or Shenmue 3 announcements happened was worse exponentially and that was with a graphic title screen.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
From the other site, Insider Dusk Golem reports:

How can be this happening even. I can’t believe it.
I see both as still in development. The PS5 likely still needs some work before it's ready for it's official launch. It will be able to handle RE: Village by launch. Both are not ready and this a normal delay.

Romulus

The whole thing is silly. If Capcom can't get their linear, current gen looking game running on a 10TF GPU better than 1080p that's completely their fault. The story would have been more realistic if it was like 1800p or even 1440p with some sort of raytracing. 1080p is a dead giveaway that its a flat out lie.

And I'm still waiting on a single game that looks remotely close to "12TF of powa!" Or even in sony's case that's true too.

Last edited:
It has been a shit show from the initial presentation to even now the lack of information about the systems features or even the physical look of the console and its real dimensions. Then you start looking at their policies and stances from Cross-play to censorship to revealing a weaker system and now trying to secure DLC rights.

This all reeks of a overconfident and cocky Sony that realized too late that is in huge trouble with how they planed out next generation its not like they didn't do it before or did they.
This entire narrative you're throwing down only exists in your head. They'll release price and do a teardown later this month. Not to mention they've increased unit production. As for cross-play, you really care to play with PC and Xbox players? I'm assuming you speak of first person shooters here. First off, as a PC player myself, hell no I don't want to cross-play with PC considering all the advantages and hacking. Cross-play with Xbox is fine I guess, but PS5 controllers may have the advantage if gyro is allowed. I'm neutral on cross-play personally, but if it means some people can game with their friends on Xbox, than that's cool. As for DLC, or timed exclusives, if Microsoft won't do it (which of course they have in the past), than Sony will. I've never been into timed exclusives myself, but developers take the money they need at the end of the day I suppose. Not excusing it, but it's just big boy business.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Because that already happened

PS4 PRO = Q4 2016
XBOX ONE X = Q4 2017

Sony was DONE with the PS4 after 2018 they had two E3's a row with the same games....GOT, TLOS2 AND FFR were going to be launch PS5 games

For various reasons that didn't happen but that was the original plan was Q4 2019 and the PS5 is the same system w/ minor upgrades

THIS PS5 has "problems" and they know it....and it will be replaced soon
Are you high?

Tomeru

Because that already happened

PS4 PRO = Q4 2016
XBOX ONE X = Q4 2017

Sony was DONE with the PS4 after 2018 they had two E3's a row with the same games....GOT, TLOS2 AND FFR were going to be launch PS5 games

For various reasons that didn't happen but that was the original plan was Q4 2019 and the PS5 is the same system w/ minor upgrades

THIS PS5 has "problems" and they know it....and it will be replaced soon

I dont know what youre singing, but it aint no love song.

Nickolaidas

Off top but has anybody noticed the graphics in RE8 look noticabely worse than RE7 or RE3 Remake

T2BHRPA.jpg

fTOaYw6.jpg

52c27WB.jpg

New engine or what
Game was intended to be an AA title - Resident Evil Revelations 3. During the development, Capcom saw a lot of potential in the title and ended up elevating the game to Resident Evil 8. Supposedly, it will be greatly updated visually during development.

All the above according to our favorite leaker/insider/FUD spreader (take your pick, depending on your tastes), DuskGolem.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Game was intended to be an AA title - Resident Evil Revelations 3. During the development, Capcom saw a lot of potential in the title and ended up elevating the game to Resident Evil 8. Supposedly, it will be greatly updated visually during development.

All the above according to our favorite leaker/insider/FUD spreader (take your pick, depending on your tastes), DuskGolem.

Is this true? The bolded.....because if so....

sircaw

Banned

I never realized how kinda ugly that top picture is compared to the others lol,

But I have only played 4.5.6. so not really a fan of the series.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I never realized how kinda ugly that top picture is compared to the others lol,

But I have only played 4.5.6. so not really a fan of the series.
Only RE game I played since the PS1 hey days was a demo of RE 5 or 6. I know it wasn't the slick RE 4 from long time ago.

But 5 or 6 (I forget) was a demo in third person view running around, finding ammo and reloading guns like a shooter. Junk.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

My theory:

If Dusk's version of RE8's development is accurate, I guess that Capcom didn't want another main RE game to be centered around Ethan and with VR to hamper the visuals ... but the potential made them change their minds.

But since a VR RE game with RE2/3make's visuals wasn't feasible on the PS4/X1, Capcom decided to scrap current gen and make it a VR PS5/XSX game in order to have consoles powerful enough to run a VR game with good next-gen visuals.

Obviously the plan isn't 100% on track.

Again, my theory.

mckmas8808

Late 2021/Early 2022, afaik.

Dusk said Rev3 was pretty much done. So all this time will probably be used to update the visuals.

I think January like the previous titles.

WHOA! So we are discussing a game that's being released on new next-gen consoles over A YEAR after their release because it has some technical issues at the moment?!?! What are we doing guys? If this game is 1 year and a half away and the next-gen systems are still being updating as I type, then why the need for 16 pages of discussion?

Everything is a work in progress.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
WHOA! So we are discussing a game that's being released on new next-gen consoles over A YEAR after their release because it has some technical issues at the moment?!?! What are we doing guys? If this game is 1 year and a half away and the next-gen systems are still being updating as I speak, then why the need for 16 pages of discussion?

January 2021. That's 5 months from now.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
WHOA! So we are discussing a game that's being released on new next-gen consoles over A YEAR after their release because it has some technical issues at the moment?!?! What are we doing guys? If this game is 1 year and a half away and the next-gen systems are still being updating as I type, then why the need for 16 pages of discussion?

Are we?

mckmas8808

January 2021. That's 5 months from now.

Okay so bad information from that one poster above. If it's coming out in 5 months, that makes it a launch window game. Yeah..........now I'm hoping this rumor is false, because 1080p60 is easy to do on the PS5.

Are we?

What are you trying to say here?

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Okay so bad information from that one poster above. If it's coming out in 5 months, that makes it a launch window game. Yeah..........now I'm hoping this rumor is false, because 1080p60 is easy to do on the PS5.

What are you trying to say here?

The RE8 and Halo Infinite situations are nothing alike, One is at least a year away the other was likely 2 months from going gold at most when it was shown. One is 3rd party and multiplatform working on unfinished dev kits, the other was shown running on PC and is a 1st party title.

Worthless comparison when we don't know how big RE8 is in contrast to 7.

And all we got was the year. Compared to every other RE so far since RE7 which gave firm dates. Very much doubt its even an early 2021 release

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

RE2make had a release date on the announcement trailer.

Resident Evil 8 didn't.

It's not a launch title. In wikipedia it's scheduled for release in 2021. This could be in six months, eight months, twelve months or sixteen months.

Even if it WAS a launch title (which isn't), there is NO WAY IN FUCK that the game will launch with a terrible framerate on the PS5.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
if this was true you can say goodbye to any VR mode

EDMIX

How is it Rockstar's issue that RDR2 can't run at 4k resolution on the PS4 Pro? Rockstar optimized the shit out of every console. Even the weakest console (Xbox One S) had an impressive port. You can say all you want about other developers, but Roclstar proved themselves to be masters of any given system.

Strawman argument bud. Read again.

RDR2's crap almost non-existent HDR was crap on BOTH Pro and X so.....

You can say all you want about other developers, but Roclstar proved themselves to be masters of any given system.

??? Ummm ok. Relax, stop getting emotional, the example is showing that many times it could be developer dependent and not hardware dependent. That isn't saying the developer is bad, thats showing they had an issue with a game that had nothing to do with hardware......

Thats it.

Stop getting so fucking defensive about a simple example.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ead-redemption-2-patch-109-adds-excellent-hdr

So for a game that came out fall 2018, it took months to correct that issue and many of us already beat the game and moved on by the time they even patched it. That was an issue on BOTH SYSTEMS! The example is simply to show that such a thing is not actually ALWAYS based on the hardware, you must still factor in the developer themselves.

The team is not beyond criticism man.

Last edited:
ps5 struggling is the most hyperbolic fud shit i've seen in a long long time. The reality is many games would struggle to run on hardware when things are in development. That's why games are considered to be in development. During development the piece of code being executed on a pc(since it's developed on PC), would then have to be executed on whatever x,y,z platform to see how it's performing(frame rates), and myriad of things. I don't have the experience of working on console or AAA games, but with my current mobile game dev experience we've run into issues in the past where a game built using PC for mobile devices, ran terrible on mobile devices(example: bad frame rates when alpha effects and particles life time was high, example2: code wasn't optimized enough). Our devs would work for the next couple of sprints solely to get the game higher/stable frame rates and we end up achieving just that. Same would apply to any video game for that matter. There's a possibility that Re8 started dev on PS4 and they didn't have much time for optimization after having quickly ported the assets to PS5. The june event happened and they needed Capcom for a quick turn around with whatever choppy frame rate it ran at in 4k. There's a reason why console games benefit so much when they eventually launch, it's optimizations. Games are optimized and herculean efforts are put in by devs to make games running efficiently on consoles and other devices. So I'd just say we've got to chill and wait for the retail release to see if the issues were ironed out.

Redlight

The game will be optimised and will likely be fine at release, however a lot of replies in this thread seem to be missing the main point.

This game, even at the same point in development, struggles on the PS5, but...

"runs perfectly on Xbox X"

Shmunter

The game will be optimised and will likely be fine at release, however a lot of replies in this thread seem to be missing the main point.

This game, even at the same point in development, struggles on the PS5, but...

"runs perfectly on Xbox X"
Surprising PS5 is not the lead platform. Maybe they’re waiting for PSVR2 kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom