• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Does Resident Evil Village Run on iPhone 15?

RoboFu

One of the green rats
spend $1300 on a phone. or buy a PS5 for $400

Calculate Figure It Out GIF by Swing Left

so you don't have a phone? :messenger_dizzy:

this is such a dumb statement. it's not BUY either or.. it's " do I even need a PSxx if I already have a phone capable of playing the same games? "

I really don't think there's a real market for this.
People just don't want to play controller based games on a phone.

The "casual" audience hates controllers. And the "core" audience already has a dedicated device that provides a far better experience which doesn't burn the battery/storage of the phone.

And most of all; nobody on mobile actually buys games anymore.
Imagine paying full price for mobile games. Are they even gonna be day and date?
Are developers actually gonna dedicate resources towards another platform when most dev teams can't even get a polished game?
Not at all.

It's gonna be GAAS microtransaction nonsense or bust.
Just because you don't think there is a market doesn't mean there is not a market.
I would love to play diablo 4 on the go with all the controls of diablo immortal

dotnotbot

I always find these numbers so disingenuous. Who pays full price for a phone? Even if you are buying one straight from the manufacturer, most of them do some sort of trade in incentive.

I paid $600 for my iPhone 15 pro max after trading in my previous phone. Now the argument gets a lot more fuzzy doesn’t it?

Using this logic, I got my PS5 for $200 cause I sold my previous console - used PS4 Pro for $200.

You paid for that previous phone with your own money.

Last edited:

nkarafo

so you don't have a phone? :messenger_dizzy:

this is such a dumb statement. it's not BUY either or.. it's " do I even need a PSxx if I already have a phone capable of playing the same games? "

More like "Should i play this game on my phone and it's volatile marketplace where i have little to no control over my purchases, with potentially higher input lag and other issues, or a superior version that i will own forever on a console that is main purpose is to play games on a big screen + a gamepad?"

Last edited:

Comandr

Using this logic, I got my PS5 for $200 cause I sold my previous console - used PS4 Pro for $200.

You paid for that previous phone with your own money.
And it’s good logic. People like him like to create false shock by throwing out huge numbers for comparison. 200 for a ps5 is a great deal :) it underlines my point too. The price listed is not always the price people pay- and in the cell phone world, almost never.

It's been playing really well for me (iphone 15 pro max). I've just been playing the free beginning part, but I put in over an hour and didn't have any issues. I just went with the default performance option, but there are like a billion display options to choose from.
I didn't have any crashes or anything.

Last edited:

ss_lemonade

bARS11c.png
from 10:15 of the video. lol.
Not sure what you are trying to say here, but the game does not run well at all even on an iphone 15 pro max. You either have to go with decent visuals giving you awful framerates, or drop everything to low with performance upscaling (and even then, you still get very unstable framerates). I'm guessing the frame rate option is probably just there to set an fps cap, if you have a better device to run the game.

nordique

This looks to be iphone 15 footage, not iphone 15 pro. iphone 15 is using Apples last generation chip.

The game only runs on the A17 pro which is in the iPhone 15 pro and pro max. The regular 15 has the A16 which this game does not support (per the App Store)

It will work on iPads with M1 and newer as well. But no other iPhones support it including the regular iPhone 15

So, this cannot be regular iPhone 15 footage

Last edited:

nordique

If you have enough money to spend that much on IPhone 15 pro then you have enough money for console and if they didn’t then they are not much in to gaming in the first place.

Also this is just me but playing survival horror game like Resident Evil I would imagine someone wants to play on big screen to properly immerse themselves to atmosphere, not playing on fucking bus ride…I don’t know how playing like that is considered enjoyable.

You can play it on the tv though with the correct usb c cable

I’ve already played this game at launch on ps5 so it doesn’t interest me, but I downloaded the demo to check it out and it does look incredible on the phone

Last edited:

nordique

What a strange take. The "small" iphone is larger than the switch lite, and almost identical in size to the standard switch. The bigger iphone is quite a bit bigger than both, only being edged out by the switch oled. Millions and millions of people seem to think that's a fine size to game on.

Screen ratios are a thing. My 6.2” switch has a larger display than my 6.7” iPhone pro max

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
You can play it on the tv though with the correct usb c cable

I’ve already played this game at launch on ps5 so it doesn’t interest me, but I downloaded the demo to check it out and it does look incredible on the phone
You have to pay lot of money to buy the phone and also pay even more to buy a controller for it in order to play on TV. Which at that point why not just buy a console for better experience instead.

I rather have proper system to play games on it, phone is just not my ideal system for gaming......but that just me.

Last edited:

nordique

You have to pay lot of money to buy the phone and also pay even more to buy a controller for it in order to play on TV. Which at that point why not just buy a console for better experience instead.

I rather have proper system to play games on it, phone is just not my ideal system for gaming......but that just me.
I’m not disagreeing as I don’t game on my phone and no one should be buying an iPhone 15 pro just to play this game but I’m just saying you can connect the new iPhones directly to the tv and play off a big screen

This game is more about the technology behind it and it is very impressive that the tech - this pocketable phone more or less matches the big large gaming consoles in this specific comparison

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m not disagreeing as I don’t game on my phone and no one should be buying an iPhone 15 pro just to play this game but I’m just saying you can connect the new iPhones directly to the tv and play off a big screen

This game is more about the technology behind it and it is very impressive that the tech - this pocketable phone more or less matches the big large gaming consoles in this area
Sure tech it’s impressive but for me it’s not worth the money to play games on it especially the fact the game cost full price….I can get BETTER experience with less money.

Some of you guys are so weird about games showing up on platforms other than your own. It's like you feel threatened by it or something :messenger_grinning_squinting:
I have this game on my PS5.
Tested on my 15 Pro Max, with the PS5 controller, and it looks pretty incredible. Runs fine, the HDR looks awesome on the iPhone screen. Do I feel like the PS5 version is leagues better? Not really. I don't actually see that much of a difference.

Last edited:

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
The company is way over a 100 years old, I think they will survive just fine long term speaking.
Haha, they have a net value of around $50 billion dollars. I think they will more than be ok. They could rent out mario and zelda alone to keep them afloat.

nordique

Sure tech it’s impressive but for me it’s not worth the money to play games on it especially the fact the game cost full price….I can get BETTER experience with less money.

I would presume that most people that have a 15 pro/max probably didn’t get it for gaming primarily

Agree that if you’re getting a platform for the purpose of playing resident evil village in late 2023 there are cheaper and better options (cheaper outside of a top-tier specced out pc) than an iPhone 15 pro/max

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I’m playing this on my iPhone 15 pro max with a backbone controller and it’s hugely impressive. Best graphics I’ve seen on a portable device.

Top Bottom