• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

--PS5 reportedly struggling with Resident Evil 8: can barely run it at 1080p/60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greeno

Strawman argument bud. Read again.

A bit rich coming from you.... You just replied to a person with a strawman argument. I replied to that strawman argument by ignoring it and going against what you are trying to insinuate. We were not discussing HDR implementations. We were discussing sub-4K resolution provided with the PS4Pro vs 4k resolution provided with the One X on RDR2.

EDMIX

A bit rich coming from you.... You just replied to a person with a strawman argument. I replied to that strawman argument by ignoring it and going against what you are trying to insinuate. We were not discussing HDR implementations. We were discussing sub-4K resolution provided with the PS4Pro vs 4k resolution provided with the One X on RDR2.

? Nope....

What was stated was not a strawman argument even remotely. its simply an example of issues being developer dependent sometimes.

Thats it.

Yep. It's happened numerous times with RE now.

RE7 revealed mid-2016, released Q1 2017
RE2make revealed mid-2018, released Q1 2019
R3make revealed late 2019, released Q2 2020
I think the difference with 8 and the previous games is that their reveals came with definitive dates, whereas 8 is a vague year, and the website says it's tentative. While possible it launches in the Spring, I think this one may end up coming later in the year. Certainly not years away like others are saying, but it sounds like it's a little further behind than it's predecessors during the same time frame.

"Dusk Golem has said that he did come out with that info to try and even out the playfield after the recent Sony and MS news, because he felt bad for the Xbox fanbase. He felt things were too one sided". He mentioned this both on Ree and his tweet. LOL at "console warring is stupid" but let me balance the ship in favor of the poor xfans with my FUD take :messenger_tears_of_joy:

dr.png

Plus demoted as a mod in REEEra....

Not a good week for Dusk. Sweet curdled milk dessert the only option now.

Last edited:
I can't believe anyone listens to the BS created by Dusk Golem,he's been making false statements for years.The machine that was having trouble running RE8 at 1080p was the ps4 pro.

thelastword

Banned
So looking back. I hope the many pretending they are neutral in every tech thread, realized and shutdown the silliness spouted from Dusk Golem from page 1. Even when he said "he did this just to tip the scales" and to thwart countless negative Xbox news, people still held on to this as a reality.

So yes, FUD has been really rampant leading up to this gen, but as one always believing in results, stats and evidenced vs clutched would be pearls. It's nice to see the PS5 defying all odds where it counts the most. In real time.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
4k 60fps with minor dips thus far.

No fan of Dusk but it is dropping frames in a single room which is NOT good news for a game primarily set in a far more open area village like RE4.

It's not an indoor only game like RE7 and Re2make. Lets wait and see because the footage shown yesterday of outdoor areas did not look smooth at all.

Last edited:
No fan of Dusk but it is dropping frames in a single room which is NOT good news for a game primarily set in a far more open area village like RE4.

It's not an indoor only game like RE7 and Re2make. Lets wait and see because the footage shown yesterday of outdoor areas did not look smooth at all.

the frame rate has massively improved already so I wouldn’t worry, the game releases in may and the demo is probably months old

assurdum

Banned
the frame rate has massively improved already so I wouldn’t worry, the game releases in may and the demo is probably months old
I'll be wait to see this game in action in the more complicated situations. The demo was really scripted and linear; the only more opened area seen shows some important drops. Hearing DF it's nothing but in the VGtech channel it goes below 50 FPS too much for my tastes. I give more credit to VGtech than DF for such things. But sure I hope to be totally wrong.

Last edited:
So looking back. I hope the many pretending they are neutral in every tech thread, realized and shutdown the silliness spouted from Dusk Golem from page 1. Even when he said "he did this just to tip the scales" and to thwart countless negative Xbox news, people still held on to this as a reality.

So yes, FUD has been really rampant leading up to this gen, but as one always believing in results, stats and evidenced vs clutched would be pearls. It's nice to see the PS5 defying all odds where it counts the most. In real time.
Beware of the neutral, always. Matter of fact, it's the first red flag :messenger_winking:.

Last edited:

Romulus

Still, a game that hasn't even been fully optimized rendering at 4x the resolution claimed with some RT?

lmao. not even remotely close.

Remember one of the most taxing areas in RE7 was in the main room in the house.

Last edited:

Romulus

2x the resolution claimed*

it's checkerboard 4k, so 50% of 4k or 200% of 1080p + reconstruction

Even then, not even remotely close to what was claimed.

Even it was 1440p and the target FPS shown in the video isn't remotely close to "struggling."

RE7 struggled in the main hall, outdoor areas in RE games are just linear paths with trees. Nothing more. It's basically indoors with the appearance of openness. All fake.

And again, not even finished yet.

Last edited:

GHG

Remember when this guy tried to play the victim and that it was difficult for him to be on the internet because of how people were treating him.

It's always the ones who are full of shit that do this.

2067eb3a9f1850f94fb6d5a2f746c475.gif

skit_data

Ah, the summertime. Those were the days.
The months of doubt leading up to the launch made the PS5 look so damn good when it comes to expectations vs reality. Cant say i would have done without them.

Banned
Even then, not even remotely close to what was claimed.

Even it was 1440p and the target FPS shown in the video isn't remotely close to "struggling."

RE7 struggled in the main hall, outdoor areas in RE games are just linear paths with trees. Nothing more. It's basically indoors with the appearance of openness. All fake.

And again, not even finished yet.

the game goes below 50 fps INDOORS with a single enemy on screen.

now imagine outdors with lots of transparencies and particles (foliage, trees, smoke, snow) and 5 or more enemies (we saw that in the trailers)
it is irrelevant of it is linear or not. outdoor areas have way larger few distances and vegetation (seen in trailers) + more enemies on screen.

that's not reassuring at all

Last edited:

Romulus

the game goes below 50 fps INDOORS with a single enemy on screen.

now imagine outdors with lots of transparencies and particles (foliage, trees, smoke, snow) and 5 or more enemies (we saw that in the trailers)

that's not reassuring at all

One of Re7's worst offenders was indoor large areas too because of the complexity of the assets. Outdoors is just trees and super narrow paths. They're not as advanced in these games. It's all fake with a skybox. Re7 had several enemies onscreen outdoors too and still, the indoors was comparable in terms of taxing the hardware. Again, you're not even addressing the game is months from release, and the demo is likely 5 months old too. There could literally be a full year between this demo and the final build.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

2x the resolution claimed*

it's checkerboard 4k, so 50% of 4k or 200% of 1080p + reconstruction
Looking at some of the recent comparisons, Im not sure how MS will get native 4k 60 fps out of this game. Especially when they struggled to run RE2 and RE3 at a higher native resolution and had to drop down to PS4 Pro resolutions to hit a stable 60 fps.

It's a bit early to say but I just dont see a 1080p vs native 4k difference between the two consoles. They will both use reconstruction.

Banned
Looking at some of the recent comparisons, Im not sure how MS will get native 4k 60 fps out of this game. Especially when they struggled to run RE2 and RE3 at a higher native resolution and had to drop down to PS4 Pro resolutions to hit a stable 60 fps.

It's a bit early to say but I just dont see a 1080p vs native 4k difference between the two consoles. They will both use reconstruction.

I expect both versions to be more or less the same. both will most likely run at 2160cb with framerate dips

SlimySnake

Imagine thinking that a Next Gen hardware would struggle with 1080p.
Especially with a cross gen game like this. I think it's fair to say that UE5 engine games with graphics approaching the quality of the UE5 demo might top out at 1440p 30 fps and 1080p 60 fps, but thats using top of the line tech like realtime GI and massive levels being streamed in at an insane quality using nanite.

Banned
Especially with a cross gen game like this. I think it's fair to say that UE5 engine games with graphics approaching the quality of the UE5 demo might top out at 1440p 30 fps and 1080p 60 fps, but thats using top of the line tech like realtime GI and massive levels being streamed in at an insane quality using nanite.

it is RE Engine and it has RT reflections

soooo.... uhm... DMC5 struggles to hold 1080p60 with the same engine and same rt effects. it's not unheard of then. also cross gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom