• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

--PS5 reportedly struggling with Resident Evil 8: can barely run it at 1080p/60

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEAP99

Banned
From the other site, Insider Dusk Golem reports:

Okay, so I guess I'll just come clean here... I'm talking about Resident Evil Village. The game's terrible performance at the PS5 reveal event with the terrible frame rate present in the trailer was kinda' the current status of the game on PS5 as of a few months ago. The thing is, apparently the game runs perfectly on Xbox X, they've been having some troubles getting the frame rate stable on PS5 (which as Sony had a rule to record the PS5 event gameplay on PS5, lead to the weird frame showing in that trailer). But it's running in the RE Engine, and they'll be making more optimizations to take advantage of the game there.

Yes, but the game had issues also at 1080p. I'm not just speaking of the trailer, though you can clearly see it in the trailer, which I had asked further about and lead to this point.

The game has been updated a lot since the PS4 Pro version (character models, effects already, it's a WIP), but the build where it's at notably was only having issues on PS5. There's any number of reasons for that and I don't know the specifics, just I know that tidbit, and it is true. However I also know Capcom has some very talented people, the engine is very customizable, so it'll probably be working perfectly by launch, but it's an odd notable thing, though I should've clarified my comment was on the one game.

How can be this happening even. I can’t believe it.

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
tumblr_inline_ouas24RJDu1r7p58q_540.gif

Max_Po

Banned
oh sheeet, PS5 weaker than PS4 confirmed.......

Yea this insider is full of shit...

while, it is 100% possible that the game is having trouble on PS5, he states that game runs perfectly on XboxX .. which is horse shit as none of the games at July 23 where running on xbox series x.. they were running on PC.

Meaning, if a studio as close to MS as 343i is "supposed" to be are ...lets say "not up to speed" ... surely Capcom isn't either....

Last edited:

Neff

Since this is the only game I'm interested in on the new consoles I may just end up getting an Xbox if the end product suffers on PS5.

The game is years off.

When is RE8 even coming out? A long time from now.

It's about 60-70% complete, the same shape RE7 was in during its E3 reveal, which released early the following year. We may see this game ship in Feb/March.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Yeah i wouldn't worry about this the game is passing through a heavy optimization process and its likely been delayed from its january 2021 target. Capcom will deliver on framerate (and everything else) when it comes out.

Not that there won't be any differences between consoles we all know XBSX is more powerful so it needs less time to run proper. But i expect solid 60fps for VILLAGE on both systems when it comes out

Entroyp

Oh noes!! Pre order canceled. Ha! I guessed the game based on the leaker, plus it was running like shit back in the June reveal. So, what now?

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Why does God of War on PS4 Pro has a Performance Mode and a High Quality Mode?
It's apparently running at 4K 60fps on the Series X with no problem, right? I know we're like... A year + away from launch and optimization will be done later but yeah I am not too sure about this one.
We do know the framerate was shit, that much is true.

Zoro7

Banned
Be careful posting Negative PS5 news. There are different rules that apply. You going to need to contact these "insiders" and send mods valid proof of their claims or you'll be banned.
Except this isn't news. Its one dude saying he knows a dude.

Many games run at 1080p 30 on PS4, how the fuck can the PS5 struggle to do 60 at the same resolution.
Use your brains people.

Be careful posting Negative PS5 news. There are different rules that apply. You going to need to contact these "insiders" and send mods valid proof of their claims or you'll be banned.

You want to talk to Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights about how you handled that thread?

You did a poor job with sourcing and that's why it got locked.

This Dusk Golem character is a insider on Resetera and anyone can go there to read his comments.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I'm entirely prepared to accept the idea that a game is having issues working on Ps5. It's a part of game development, especially with a console that's clearly trying to do something different with its architecture.

Having said that, Golem has been so wrong on stuff before, that I have no idea whether to believe anything he says.

The Shepard

Hilarious and apparently Sony has the marketing on this game. Reminds me of RDR2, Sony had the marketing, but it looked like crap on the Pro but was absolutely gorgeous in native 4K on the X.

I played on pro and can confirm it did not look like crap. Maybe your talking about the xbox one s version where every version off every game on that console looks like crap, and I own one.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

I'm not surprised. Looking forward to the DF comparison video. If RE2 and RE3 is anything to go by expect "optimization" to mean them dropping that resolution.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Wow. Lots of salty boys here hungry for payback.

That whole Craig thing hurt you guys a lot, huh.

Friendly reminder:

Resident Evil 3 ran like crap on X-Box One X, despite being in development for a long time - and lo and behold, Capcom patched the game to run smoothly on the X1X AFTER ITS RELEASE. Which means that X1X was capable of running the game at 60fps, despite people quickly assuming otherwise.

Which means that RE8 running like shit a few months ago on the PS5 means (other than the fact it needs optimization on Capcom's part) jack shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom