• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Exclusive Final Fantasy is a Soul-like by Square Enix and Koei Tecmo

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Coming from French leaker SoulsHunt, here is a quick translation *Updated with more info from Reee*:

Called Final Fantasy Origins
Release exclusively on PS5, coming later on PC
Developed by Team Ninja
It's a Soul-like
Most likely announced at e3
A lot of people know his existence (insiders)
A demo is coming this Summer if everything goes as planned and is called “Stranger in Paradise”
Takes place somewhere in or adjacent to the world of the first Final Fantasy game
It has multiple difficulties settings
Don't think Nioh with a Final Fantasy skin, it's his own thing with very different systems
Don't expect top notch graphics
It's the darkest and most violent game in the franchise

Source, and here

unknown.png

Last edited:

SinDelta

Holy shit this sounds amazing!

Now if only we could get Zelda, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40K, Xenoblade soullikes! Hell Diablo IV was rumored to be considering a soullike direction early in development. How incredible would that be?

Edit - Yeah on second thought Dragon Quest does try different things like Builders, but a Soullike would be pushing it for that series.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I'm so burned out on souls games its not even funny

its becoming the new ass creed

FF has glorious roots it keeps running away from just like sony they make a good pair

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
First time I've ever seen you say something I disagree with.

almost every series I’ve seen had a musou iteration.

though tbh, I want it more like Persona 5 Strikers style with character mashups from all the series.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
another+1 Souls like with a FF re-skin....not sure if excited. 🤷‍♀️

would be more exciting if it is more NG+Metrovania action game.

Or a Vagrant Story sequel, handled by the original director of course.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Danjin44 Danjin44

Could a soul like game set in the Dragons Crown universe work?
Honestly speaking I'm kind of getting sick of every game tries to "Soul like" so we really don't need one. The big reason I'm so happy Scarlet Nexus is NOT trying be "Souls like".

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's trying to be "Astral Chain like"
How so? The combat is nothing a like, the only thing they have in common is futuristic city with holographic signs. I don't know why people love to make shallow comparison, like how people compared Ghost of Tsushima to Sekiro even tho they don't play nothing a like other than both set in historical Japan.

Ok hear me out. What if Sony contracted a square enix team to do bloodborne 2.
Why would I want a team other than FROM themselves to work on Bloodborne sequel?

Last edited:

NoviDon

A game set in the final fantasy mythos with a deep combo system and smart enemy AI? Sign me tf up. would be even better if you could customize your character with different classes and base attributes. Yeah I would for sure be hyped for this one.

Top Bottom