• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Exclusive Final Fantasy is a Soul-like by Square Enix and Koei Tecmo

Kagey K

Banned
Member that E3 where everything was Uncharted?

This everything is souls like is worse.

Thank God these systems are BC so we still have good games to play while we get all the copycat wannabes out of the system.

HYDE

Banned
Let us slaughter the FF Franchise to near everything. FINAL FANTASY becomes near totally uninteresting.
Or make the first good Final Fantasy game?

Will I finally get to play an amazing game as Lightning and Team Ninja will add jiggle physics?

Last edited:

GuinGuin

Banned
Member that E3 where everything was Uncharted?

This everything is souls like is worse.

Thank God these systems are BC so we still have good games to play while we get all the copycat wannabes out of the system.

Found the guy who is terrible at souls games, lol. If it makes you feel better they retired Nioh to make this so there aren't actually any more souls series now than there were before.

Azurro

Banned
Maybe they should git original.

The problem isn't that there are souls-like games around, the problem is that most of them are mediocre. Team Ninja is one of the few that made one that isn't, so this is interesting news for sure. :)

GuinGuin

Banned
The problem isn't that there are souls-like games around, the problem is that most of them are mediocre. Team Ninja is one of the few that made one that isn't, so this is interesting news for sure. :)

True. What defines a good souls game isn't the death or souls mechanic, really. It's tough, interesting bosses and normal enemies that are dangerous on their own that require keen reflexes and intelligent tactics to beat. Much better than a standard action game where you can just plow through weak enemies with little thought and bosses that are simply a pretty cut scene/plot device.

Getting sick of everyone making a Soulslike honestly.
There can’t be enaugh Souls like games.Btw Souls like games are almost all third person games.For example Zelda is nearly the same as dark souls gameplay wise only difficult level is different.You could describe Souls like also as Action Adventure RPG.Long before Souks game a game like Onimusha from Capcom is also a souls like game.Souls game brought a difficulty level you play more carefully else it’s a normal third person game.

SpokkX

This sounda like a fun idea - i wonder what ”final fantasy” means though

imagine ff10 or ff13 mixed with souls lol

hope it is more ff9 or ff6 even

Barakov

Gold Member
19738-final-fantasy-origins-playstation-front-cover.jpg
Can't be worse than Final Fantasy II.

GuinGuin

Banned
This sounda like a fun idea - i wonder what ”final fantasy” means though

imagine ff10 or ff13 mixed with souls lol

hope it is more ff9 or ff6 even

I hope Team Ninja will be given free reign with the story and characters. The enemies, spells and items are all similar across Final Fantasy titles.

DelireMan7

Intrigued... but as a Soulsborne fan and seeing what "Souls like" usual refer to (stamina, challenge and that's it) I am also ready to be disappointed.

Nioh was a soulless game for me. One of the rare game I dropped in the middle out of boredom in my gamer life. It's challenging and... that's all. Nothing else...

Same ol G

Fucking disgusting, i'm so done with this fake soul like bullshit.
It's not even a genre i don't know why people keep repeating this shit.
And shame on square for raping the FF franchise, it's nothing like the old days anymore.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Fucking disgusting, i'm so done with this fake soul like bullshit.
It's not even a genre i don't know why people keep repeating this shit.
And shame on square for raping the FF franchise, it's nothing like the old days anymore.
it should be a spinoff if its true.

Well there goes Ivalice. Heh, not my ideal game but it can be great. I think Yoshitaka Amano's character designs would be perfect for a Soulslike but of course that's not gonna happen. I wonder who the director could be.

Also please bring back Masashi Hamauzu or Yoko Shimomura for the soundtrack.

GuinGuin

Banned
Well there goes Ivalice. Heh, not my ideal game but it can be great. I think Yoshitaka Amano's character designs would be perfect for a Soulslike but of course that's not gonna happen. I wonder who the director could be.

Also please bring back Masashi Hamauzu or Yoko Shimomura for the soundtrack.

If Square is co-producing it anything is possible yet as far as story, characters, and design.

Sygma

Given Nioh 2 is literally the best in class in that department, bring it on

Why are so many people losing their shit? Lol, turned based RPGs are dead, dudes. Deal with it.

Hello Persona, Dragon Quest and the latest Yakuza ? lawl, get a grip

Last edited:

Castef

Banned
Interesting how non-first party teams such as Housemarque and Team Ninja basically became Sony first-party without even being acquired.

In the long distance is this a good strategy, in terms of money?

It will be very interesting to see the two strategies side by side in the next years.

Top Bottom