• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Exclusive Final Fantasy is a Soul-like by Square Enix and Koei Tecmo

You are having troubles with the technique. Use your imagination and in your minds eye see that ugly, disgusting blue colored strip fade away.

Yes, it's going away, it can no longer hurt you, your astroturfing cheque from your employment at the Xbox division is safe.

Now, relax, breathe deeply and imagine the blue turning to green and feel that absolute internal joy at the face of Aaron Greenberg and Phil Spencer smiling at you from the green heavens above.

Now, grin as all is right with the world and there are no more ugly blue labels. All PS consoles have turned to Xboxes, all your life's effort is worth it now.

Ok, better? ;)

I know it's hard to fathom on a forum where games are only good if they appear on a Sony console, but sometimes people not being interested in a game has nothing to do with console wars

Kokoloko85

TBH the only souls games I care about are Miyazaki games.

Team Ninja makes good games but why a Final Fantasy souls game?

XXL

secret smell GIF

yazenov

Confirmed by Imran Khan, also confirms Square is the circulating leaked show

Hot damn that sounds awesome.

Final fantasy settings with great combat. Team Ninja's experience in this field with the combat and square Enix's story and theme are a great match for this collaboration. Hype levels through the roof.

Dabaus

Banned
Nomura doing the art is the icing on the cake, if only to make the haters seethe. Long live belts and zippers.

Tutomos

Sony is really aggressive with 3rd party deals, they were going after Starfield too. I wonder what will be the next game Sony gets from 3rd party pubs?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
More info:

Release exclusively on PS5 first but it's coming later on PC
The demo coming this Summer is called “Stranger in Paradise”
Takes place somewhere in or adjacent to the world of the first Final Fantasy game
It has multiple difficulties settings
Don't think Nioh with a Final Fantasy skin, it's his own thing with very different systems
Don't expect top notch graphics
It's the darkest and most violent game in the franchise

Source, and also here

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Can there be a Moogle assisting me while I'm massacring and beheading a Goblin?

magnumpy

This summer? Damn, so release by the end of the year? Hell yeah!

no. for all time. this is a permanent victory which blows away any potential competition and cannot be erased forever. in 1,000 years this will be known as the moment when sony permanently won ._.

GuinGuin

Banned
More info:

Release exclusively on PS5 first but it's coming later on PC
The demo coming this Summer is called “Stranger in Paradise”
Takes place somewhere in or adjacent to the world of the first Final Fantasy game
It has multiple difficulties settings
Don't think Nioh with a Final Fantasy skin, it's his own thing with very different systems
Don't expect top notch graphics
It's the darkest and most violent game in the franchise

Source, and also here

Multiple difficulty settings and the Final Fantasy license might make this the highest selling Soulslike ever. Accessibility + brand recognition.

Top Bottom