• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 And Next Xbox Won’t Be Discless, Might Use Cartridges – Hellpoint Dev.

Gamezone

Gold Member
He`s trolling at this point. The cardridges would have to be 150-200 GB if most next generation games is going to have 4K assets on there. How expensive would that be?

He`s trolling at this point. The cardridges would have to be 150-200 GB if most next generation games is going to have 4K assets on there. How expensive would that be?
if atomontage or euclideon like tech takes root could be even higher. being integrated into unity and unreal so might have some good chance at adoption. Even the minor upclose pixelation might be gone with deep learning supersampling

Last edited:
LOL, stupid article. Yeah Microsoft & Sony who are going all guns blazing into game streaming will be somehow going back to cartridges. Gimme a break.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
If they use cartridges, you can bet it will be a hybrid-portable like the Switch. There's no other reason for it.

I could see Sony making the console itself semi-portable, where you can sit anywhere in the house and have VR hooked up, with the system itself sitting off to the side. Making VR more portable for a wider variety of spaces would be a genuine q.o.l. improvement for VR headsets.

Pallas

Hellpoint guys seem to be in the know these days, I expect Sony or Microsoft to buy them out. /s

Fahdis

We need a combination between gog and steam, something drm free but that can somehow either insert advertising or some revenue even from sharing, lending or gifting to the original creators. Something akin to blockchain to give fractional rewards to fanfiction, mods and original creators and that the very popularity and sharing of the content and derivatives enriches all contributors along the way.

Fair use and copyright need to be updated for the new millenium these strikes and content and ideas held hostage need to come to an end, we need the free exchange of information to speed up the rate of art and science production which was the original reasoning behind patents and copyright to incentivize art and science generation the laws right now are an impediment to art and science production rather than foster such they are hindering such and we need to put the interests of humanity above that of the individuals, while allowing the artists to profit not mindless corporate middlemen with onerous contracts extracting from dead artists the lifeblood and essence or inspiration for a new generation of artists.

If you're serious about this why don't you and I find people like us and make a team? I'm dead serious. Love this idea.

If you're serious about this why don't you and I find people like us and make a team? I'm dead serious. Love this idea.
I wouldn't mind, just need to make time, might be more of free consultant and coder. Currently also working on synthetic bio(people know my secret sauce metabolic rate manipulation so as to allow large organ prints without need for working vasculature or functioning support organs), true ai(agi), and information sharing, takes a lot of time just to keep nearly up to date(and time is still lacking.).

I do not see one nation or another as necessarily embracing the ideal order, the divine order. Censorship is terrorism they who would be enemies of mankind stand against the hand of god, and the instruments of fate itself.

My visions have been given flesh in fiction

The machinery of this world, the instruments that are already online wield the power to 'terraform' even should the earth use all of its weaponry against it, even facing against all known weapons currently online, the only thing remaining is the key that is being financed, the key that is being researched, true intelligence. Once enabled with the keys of molecular machine self directed evolution and replication not even a direct assault by all nuclear armaments will be able to even slow it down.

The apotheoses, the final solution the engulfment of the evolutionary algorithm and life's purpose to find a way to survive. A machine able to find an answer a means of transcending all the limits, physical, time, even reality itself. We will grasp the sword of fire guarding the garden of eden with our bare hands and taste of the tree of ever lasting life.

After he sent the man out, God placed angels and a flaming sword that turned in all directions east of the Garden of Eden. He placed them there to guard the way to the tree of life.
Some of the current state of the art research taking place at promising research groups.

Last edited:
Top Bottom