• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Showcase 2021: Gran Turismo 7 Trailer, PS5, March 4 (cross gen title)

yurinka

51440662751_25c616424d_h.jpg
51441407569_e18b24def1_h.jpg
These two in particular seem real life photos. They nailed the water reflections in the floor and the cloudy/rainy day lighting.

Last edited:

John Wick

I'm not sure that arguement flies, Forza 5 was showing extensive actual in game footage back in June which was basically 6 months before its launch. We've seen this game before with gt, delay after delay with flashy trailer of hardly any in game racing shown.
More than likely they aren't showing the latest build. So maybe they want to show full extensive gameplay when they have their own State of Play? I don't think 3-4 mins is gonna cut it.

I'll pass on the screenshots..the footage is just fine, thanks.

This game doesnt look nearly as good as Forza Horizon 5, as I suspected.
It's got nice HDR and that's all that stands out.

And funnily enough, the instances where it looks raytraced are during the close ups in the viewing mode/photo mode, not unlike Forza Horizon 5.

Digity

I hope they add a mirror funktionality to the livery Editor.
I can't understand how people are fine without it..
I mean that if you want to have the left side look like the right side of your car wich you just finished , that you just click some button and it get mirrored . Or that all what you do on one side automatically is done to the other side aswell.

Superstupid like it is now you switch back and forth to the other side to check "how high did I made it there" and "how big was that sticker again"

I blown away by not seeing this complaint in all these years.. not a single one fucking time did I see that fucking complaint. And why??
Are you all a little stupid or what??
Maybe because it's been a working feature since 2017?

OZ9000

Banned
It is a original circuit made for GT1.
The version you see was the same present in GT5/GT6.

I indeed hope they remade it for GT7.
They don't remake the tracks - they're using the same assets from GT4 for some of these original tracks. Instead of improving the geometry and detail, all they've done is reskinned the tracks.

rolandss

I hope they add a mirror funktionality to the livery Editor.
I can't understand how people are fine without it..
I mean that if you want to have the left side look like the right side of your car wich you just finished , that you just click some button and it get mirrored . Or that all what you do on one side automatically is done to the other side aswell.

Superstupid like it is now you switch back and forth to the other side to check "how high did I made it there" and "how big was that sticker again"
Mate it’s been there since day one. When you apply a decal, tap the decal settings button and an option is duplicate on the reverse side and duplicate and flip horizontally, ie mirror. And you call yourself “The Technician”.

rolandss

Ahh maybe it is not worth to post anything in a GT Thread.
People in here are fine with synthetic motor sounds too ..
While basically all racing games of today have real recorded motor and interior/exterior sounds..
This was fixed in GT Sport. They actually hired a sound tech from Forza games when Sport was in development to address it and they did record real engine sounds.

Woodchipper

People can complain about the visuals all they want, but the fact is that GT Sport still does HDR better than most (it looks fucking amazing on my OLED) so yes, the jump might not seem to be that big at first glance, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Especially considering the lighting in GT Sport is pre-baked, while in GT7 it’s supposedly dynamic.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Gonna sink so many hours of my life in this game. GT Sport had a barebones single player and i still spent more than 100h on the game, between racing, creating liveries, and taking photos in the scapes mode.

Loving all the feautures im seeing in GT7.

I need them to get Koenigsegg...

Aenima

Yeah curious to see how many more cars we are getting on GT7 as well. Since GT Sport launched they have keep growing the car list so hopefully they have a bit more new ones ready for GT7, especially less sportive versions. I really like to grab in normal street ready cars, and tune them into racing cars.

NewChoppa

Banned

Gotta be one of the strangest missing manufacturers from GT. Koenigsegg’s been showing up in pretty much every racing game since the mid-2000s but still hasn’t managed to make their way into GT…I’m hoping they get in with GT7. Would be nice to drive a Jesko lol

zombrex

Not surprsing high Speed Ring looks shit. Recycled straight out of the PS3 games which itself was recycled from the ps2 games.
Track obviously needs a major overhaul. Why they thought it was a good idea to showcase in a ps5 game trailer is a wonder and a failure of basic quality checking and common sense.

sendit

That camera angle is shit.
Looks like HL2 screanshot......but no worries it is not open world game like FH5 so finished game will look & good.
And I care more about physics of the cars then graphic.

True. FH physics have always been a bit bad/wonky in terms of it being realistic, but it makes it fun to play.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Gotta be one of the strangest missing manufacturers from GT. Koenigsegg’s been showing up in pretty much every racing game since the mid-2000s but still hasn’t managed to make their way into GT…I’m hoping they get in with GT7. Would be nice to drive a Jesko lol

Jesko looks insane... I love it. Koenigsegg always have this edge of danger about them.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
True. FH physics have always been a bit bad/wonky in terms of it being realistic, but it makes it fun to play.
FH was always meant to be a cross between arcadey action plowing through farmers fields, smashing through wooden fences to get to the checkpoint, and giant jumps. But with real cars and parts. Weird combo if you think about. But people seem to like it.

Racer!

i wonder if these people complain about racing sims on pc that look terrible with the INFINITE PC POWER!! . of course not, but GT always attracts the crazies and the people that never play or like these type

I want this game but i can't order a f*cking PS5 :messenger_face_steam:

You dont need a PS5 for this. Graphics and gameplay are straight up GTSport. Have to try it of course, but could not spot any difference from Sport physics wise. Loading times will be better, so thats something though.

Everyone is a graphics snob all of a sudden.

We've been getting 60 FPS games all gen, and I am LOVING it. I'm going to be really disappointed when the first good looking exclusive gets locked at 30.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Everyone is a graphics snob all of a sudden.

We've been getting 60 FPS games all gen, and I am LOVING it. I'm going to be really disappointed when the first good looking exclusive gets locked at 30.
Haha. Well said.

I'd rather take a 60 fps bump over 30 than having some extra textures and RT gimping frames back to 30. Games right now have a good trend of incremental bumps in quality + virtually for all games 60 fps seems standard now.

Old ass games I understand, but people who hated Bethesda's sluggish game engines for Skyrim and F4 try it again on PS5 and Series X. 60 fps + downloading some hi res mod textures is like playing an entirely new game. Fallout 4's real time gun mechanics at 60 fps feels so much better.

Last edited:
Do you guys think Sony/Polyphony will delay GT7 after reading the underwelming response on the visuals?
It doesn't look bad obviously but to me it has the last gen look... Maybe the team is a bit burned out of only making GT games for years on end.

elliot5

Do you guys think Sony/Polyphony will delay GT7 after reading the underwelming response on the visuals?
It doesn't look bad obviously but to me it has the last gen look... Maybe the team is a bit burned out of only making GT games for years on end.
if GT7 gets delayed it won't be because of environment visuals or some 'response'. It'll just be Polyphony doing Polyphony things

Last edited:

Unknown?

People said the same about sport and Kaz just laughed. They were wrong by the final version too.

elliot5

So, GT7 will require online connection for basically everything (other than arcade, with no saves, like GT Sport I guess?).

Gran Turismo 7 arrives on PS5 and PS4 March 4 – PlayStation.Blog

Example being quotes like this with an asterisk sprinkled throughout when talking about features

We’re aware that long-time fans of the Gran Turismo series strongly desired the return of the GT Campaign mode*, and now, having seen the trailer, hopefully everyone will be able to get a feel for the atmosphere of the newly designed Campaign mode. Returning to the very roots of the GT Campaign mode experience, players will be starting from the GT World Map.

In addition to the return of the GT Campaign mode, our historic circuits like Trial Mountain* and High-Speed Ring* will be making a comeback.

and at the bottom of the blog

* These features require internet connection.

While this wouldn't impact me at all because I'm usually connected 99.99% of the time, it seems weird that even a campaign mode isn't playable offline? Makes me miss GT3 and my childhood playing 100 lap endurance races and starting from a shitter mazda to the drag cars on my fat PS2. Simpler times :'(

Last edited:
I'm really excited, I actually like Sport a lot. People are gonna have a shit fit when they see the game size. Sport is already 100 and something gigs and it's the lite version of this game.

kyliethicc

I'm really excited, I actually like Sport a lot. People are gonna have a shit fit when they see the game size. Sport is already 100 and something gigs and it's the lite version of this game.

Yeah but with PS5 many games have gone done in size. GT Sport is about 115 GB on PS4 currently.

I bet GT7 on PS5 to be around 100 GB at launch, and probably even larger than 115 GB on PS4.

Last edited:

sinnergy

that sucks indeed. a stupid decision.

gravity sucks GIF
They all go MS eventually.. because they are pioneers online … in 2013 , MS was ready for always online , I was also .. (like steam) now you see that was the right vision and everyone is going that direction. Gamers need to go on with the times .

Last edited:

Yoboman

Thats not gameplay.

Unfortunately, GT7 in todays showing looked real bad for a PS5 game!

Its GTSport with elements from past features in the series basically.

The whole Playstation showing really sucked today. Nothing next gen about anything. Marginally better graphics, gameplay mechanics from 2013. Same old, over and over and over again.

Its what you get when you have greedy leadership I suppose. Wouldnt surprise me one bit, if Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst tanks Playstation.

With Microsoft having gamepass/better backwards compatibility, AND better looking/playing next gen games than Sony on the horizon, that cant be good. If Forza 8 comes out looking/playing next gen, thats a huge blow to Playstation.
Do you guys get a script for this nonsense?

Is mentioning Gamepass in completely irrelevant contexts a quota for you?

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Thats not gameplay.

Unfortunately, GT7 in todays showing looked real bad for a PS5 game!

Its GTSport with elements from past features in the series basically.

The whole Playstation showing really sucked today. Nothing next gen about anything. Marginally better graphics, gameplay mechanics from 2013. Same old, over and over and over again.

Its what you get when you have greedy leadership I suppose. Wouldnt surprise me one bit, if Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst tanks Playstation.

With Microsoft having gamepass/better backwards compatibility, AND better looking/playing next gen games than Sony on the horizon, that cant be good. If Forza 8 comes out looking/playing next gen, thats a huge blow to Playstation.
giphy.gif

Top Bottom