• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Showcase 2021: Gran Turismo 7 Trailer, PS5, March 4 (cross gen title)

McCheese

Is this actually a new game? seeing mostly re-used stuff from the PS4 title; pretty sure the drivers gloves are identical.

Wish they would drop the photomode stuff and double down on a proper single-player career mode like the original two games, none of the GT games since then have really appealed to me as they lacked a sense of progression and just felt like virtual motor museums and live service pish.

Last edited:

Nyxir

11-E3-D1-D2-229-A-4-B1-D-A500-5-D72-EB18-E3-E7.png

This shot looked really bad to me.

Kerotan

Is this actually a new game? seeing mostly re-used stuff from the PS4 title; pretty sure the drivers gloves are identical.

Wish they would drop the photomode stuff and double down on a proper single-player career mode like the original two games, none of the GT games since then have really appealed to me as they lacked a sense of progression and just felt like virtual motor museums and live service pish.
Those models were made with future iterations in mind. So they can start with more cars from the start.

I have several Questions about GT7 ( none of wich was answered in the Trailer )
GTSport had no dynamic Time of Day because not enough Power in PS4 ( they themself addmitted that back in the day). With GT 7 also comming to PS4 now - how they balanced that one out?
If PS5 Version has dynamic time of day - how will that be in the PS4 Version of the game?
PS4 Version better be 30FPS or i rage hard.
Because only that will show that they were willing to make major sacrifices on PS4 in order to have the PS5 Version at least to some extend using the Power of PS5.

IF PS4 version is also 60FPS iam sure we still not get dynamic time of Day in the PS5 version.

ethomaz

Banned
I have several Questions about GT7 ( none of wich was answered in the Trailer )
GTSport had no dynamic Time of Day because not enough Power in PS4 ( they themself addmitted that back in the day). With GT 7 also comming to PS4 now - how they balanced that one out?
If PS5 Version has dynamic time of day - how will that be in the PS4 Version of the game?
PS4 Version better be 30FPS or i rage hard.
Because only that will show that they were willing to make major sacrifices on PS4 in order to have the PS5 Version at least to some extend using the Power of PS5.

IF PS4 version is also 60FPS iam sure we still not get dynamic time of Day in the PS5 version.
Both version have dynamic ToD by the blog post.

TrueLegend

1. Mix of gameplay and in-game cinematic, to keep in mind
  2. Including map graphics in the trailer was awful choice
  3. Music was bad
  4. Ingame cinematic looks good
  5. The gameplay did not look impressive but this is just trailer. I am sure it will look better than this.
I am rating the trailer (4/10). Bad trailer. The original teaser trailer looked way better.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Loved how they recreated the opening of the first game. That was a nice touch and probably a "statement" that the series returns to its roots. But graphically speaking it looked a lot like GTSport to me. Not that GTSport looked bad but i was expecting more from Polyphony.

Withnail

it looks like its not using any GI? Lighting is easily its weak point at the moment.
Don't think you need to worry about lighting in a GT game, it's usually best in class.

I might be wrong but I seem to remember GT Sport looked off initially but improved every time we saw it as we got closer to launch.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
  1. Mix of gameplay and in-game cinematic, to keep in mind
  2. Including map in the trailer was awful choice
  3. Music was bad
  4. Ingame cinematic looks good
  5. The gameplay did not look impressive but this is just trailer. I am it will look better than this.
I am rating the trailer (4/10). Bad trailer. The original teaser trailer looked way better.

Yup, agree on everything. Badly made trailer.. Still, I have high hopes, can't wait!

Both version have dynamic ToD by the blog post.
i just read it and there is no confirmation of REAL TIME time change . The wording is as such as not to give away that it is not dynamic.

The time/weather change simulation brought to life in GT7 is unique to Polyphony Digital, who researched the complexities of nature and tailored it into a video game. Referencing a massive amount of meteorological observation data, we have recreated spatial / time of day conditions for particle size distribution and concentration distribution of aerosol particles in the atmosphere on a global environmental scale, in a procedure that is unique to the Gran Turismo series

what is writen here could also applie to how it is handled in GT Sport where you chose from several backed time and weather conditions.
I stay sceptical . They suppport PS4. dynamic time of day was not possible there in GT Sport. Wheres the Downgrade if not there - i want fucking answers from them!

i just read that blog post again and what is this shit here??
As a result, we have succeeded in expressing real and complex skyscapes and changes in light for different times of day and weather.
thats sounds suspiciously like presets to chose before racing..

Last edited:
I hate to say it but it looks so archaic compared to Forza. They didn't do any favours by showing the in car view but the formula looks so 4 generations ago.

It's time for Polyphony to innovate or someone else to step up.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Everything looks so plastic and phony. It looks like it still has that shitty stiff Gran Turismo feel to it.

This is just assholish nitpicking, but the way that bird shot like a bullet off those lights made me laugh. It looked so ridiculous.

Nemesisuuu

As a longtime fan, I'm really looking forward to the game. But, as seen in the blog post - does this mean this functions will be unavailable once Sony shuts down game servers (campaign mode specifically)? Hopefully it's typo since circuits are also marked with *.

GT Campaign mode*
Livery Editor*
Scapes*
Trial Mountain*
High-Speed Ring*
GT Café*

* These features require internet connection.

Mabdia

Color me Hyped!
As a longtime fan, I'm really looking forward to the game. But, as seen in the blog post - does this mean this functions will be unavailable once Sony shuts down game servers (campaign mode specifically)? Hopefully it's typo since circuits are also marked with *.

GT Campaign mode*
Livery Editor*
Scapes*
Trial Mountain*
High-Speed Ring*
GT Café*

Really? My hype turned into nothing. That's sad, really sad.

Last edited:
Don't think you need to worry about lighting in a GT game, it's usually best in class.

I might be wrong but I seem to remember GT Sport looked off initially but improved every time we saw it as we got closer to launch.
The GT Sport beta went through tons of changes and upgrades, both graphically and gameplay. I would imagine this is the same, where some parts are clearly in a work in progress phase.

I hate to say it but it looks so archaic compared to Forza. They didn't do any favours by showing the in car view but the formula looks so 4 generations ago.

It's time for Polyphony to innovate or someone else to step up.

Yeah unfortunately, when it switched to gameplay, I was ready move o nto the next trailer.

Even the shot where it panned around the car and it highlighted the various environments..the world looked so dry and lifeless.

ethomaz

Banned

GT Campaign mode*
Livery Editor*
Scapes*
Trial Mountain*
High-Speed Ring*
GT Café*

That is how it is in GTS Sport so I don’t think it is a typo.

Nemesisuuu

Color me Hyped!

Really? My hype turned into nothing. That's sad, really sad.
Hopefully I'm wrong, I just noticed that in blog post. I also like to return to older games sometimes and it wouldn't be nice to be locked out of campaign sometime in the future.

Still, I'm gonna preorder this. I didn't preorder something in years, but I'm sucker for driving games and GT holds a special place for me.

Deathloop stealing 5 minutes had me rage quit the show for a few minutes.

I refuse to watch a single second more of this fucking trash shit that's being forced down our throats from Sony.

Being silent for months and then throwing this fucking horseshit game for the millionth time into a show that's meant to get PS gamers excited for future content makes me want to choke something.

I seriously hope this fucking thing bombs. Just FUCK OFF WITH DEATHLOOP ALREADY 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Edit: and posted in wrong thread. That's how fucking pissed off I am

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
i just read it and there is no confirmation of REAL TIME time change . The wording is as such as not to give away that it is not dynamic.

what is writen here could also applie to how it is handled in GT Sport where you chose from several backed time and weather conditions.
I stay sceptical . They suppport PS4. dynamic time of day was not possible there in GT Sport. Wheres the Downgrade if not there - i want fucking answers from them!

i just read that blog post again and what is this shit here??

thats sounds suspiciously like presets to chose before racing..
“ Variable Time/Weather Simulation
In GT7, a more natural and realistic variable time system and weather effect system have been recreated. Referencing a massive amount of meteorological observation data, including those from the academic databases of NASA, GT7 recreates spatial/time of day conditions for particle size distribution and concentration distribution of aerosol particles in the atmosphere on a global environmental scale. As a result, this feature unique to the Gran Turismo series can express real and complex sky patterns and changes in light for different times of day and weather conditions.”

Last edited:

McCheese

Polyfony are to racing as Gamefreak are to Pokémon. This looks so dated compared to Forza, especially since Forza has really pivoted successfully into the Horizons series yet this looks and plays just like the last 3 or 4 Gran Turismos they released.

Historically they got away with it by having a large graphical jump, but this cross gen stuff is clearly crippling them here.

You can play GT Sport on the PS5 already, so what's the point in this exactly? Some new cars? New weather system? It's a £70 game I presume so they need to innovate or have it look mind blowing imo.

Top Bottom