• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus Subscribers Reportedly Flocking to Cancel Their Subscriptions

S0ULZB0URNE

Don't want to make a new topic for this so just posting in the last similar one.

clipping-daveed-diggs-yeah-right-ixlr5iqtg1u7dcui.gif

Gojiira

People saying this month is trash when we’re getting every Vanillaware game, every Star Ocean plus more…Nah gamers are just trash, Vanillaware alone makes it a good month

I mean...even if they lose like 5M subscribers, when you increase all the tiers in price by 33% you still win quite a lot more money in the end. Doesn't make this a good move though.
This exactly. At the end of the day, Sony's PS+ profits will likely increase from this, not decrease. There will be a short term exodus, but those losses will be instantly made up by the added income coming from new and continuing subscriptions. It's not a great move for their image, but it's an easy one if they only are looking at their bottom line. Likely Sony believes they can afford the temporary bad press with Marvel's Spider-Man 2 dropping in a month and more stuff coming into next year.

I have the basic PS+ and haven't played any of the monthly games in over a year at this point (may be closer to two years). I've only been keeping it around for multiplayer, but since having a baby, I'm having way less time for online gaming. So I'll keep doing what I've been trying to do and only buy PS+ subscriptions while on sale and have time to enjoy it.

Last edited:

Dazraell

People said the same thing when Netlix did the whole household accounts thingie. I think that minor margin that will either resign or lower their tiers and in the end this won't matter as price hike will still give them more money

xrnzaaas

People saying this month is trash when we’re getting every Vanillaware game, every Star Ocean plus more…Nah gamers are just trash, Vanillaware alone makes it a good month
Getting multiple games from the same franchise is good if you like it, horrible if you don't because suddenly there's barely any other new games to play. In my opinion they shouldn't be giving more than 1 game from the same series each month.

Metnut

It’s hard to make money on streaming services and Sony doesn’t have the billions to run at perpetual losses like Microsoft’s Gamepass does.

Hopefully this bombs and Sony focused on making GOTY type exclusives that’s won the last few gens foe them. Unless MS is able to get a virtual monopoly within the next 5-10 years, Spencer’s bosses will grow tired of his lies and lighting money on fire and the industry will normalize again.

LucasBR

I won't cancel my subscription but I'm considering moving from Deluxe to Extra, I'm in Brazil and the deluxe tier has nothing more attracting at the moment to justify paying more for nothing.

Top Bottom