• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Sony doesn't report a decrease in subscribers for PS+, people are crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eimran

It would be great if Xbox lowered their prices as a response and steal some customers. Not gonna happen but would be nice.

Every few years arrogant Sony should be kept back in place.

The worst thing is that the costumers can immediately undo this if only 20% could say get fucked Sony and cancelled their subscription.

It would be great if Xbox lowered their prices as a response and steal some customers. Not gonna happen but would be nice.
You really think a subscription service would be enough to steal consumers from Sony? There's more than 100M people playing PS consoles. Not even half of them have PS Plus.

Most people playing PS consoles don't have subscriptions...

Also, Xbox won't be lowering prices for sure. Not when one of their biggest games is about to release.

Sorcerer

Every few years arrogant Sony should be kept back in place.

The worst thing is that the costumers can immediately undo this if only 20% could say get fucked Sony and cancelled their subscription.
MS, Sony, Nintendo, would never lower the price. Once they raise the price, they have to stick with that. The backlash would be even worse lowering the price temporarily and then raising the price the again in the near future. They need the player to suck up the price hike, and get over it. They have to double down on these decisions because the plan is of course to raise the prices again, probably within 2 years.
For Microsoft, they are trying to not only recoup the money spent on development of Starfield but the fact that it is on Gamepass, and not every player will have bought a physical or digital copy.

Last edited:

Fabieter

Fans are fans and gonna fan. Doesn’t matter which product it is.

On topic: those price increases are double the inflation here so it’s a bad money grab I’d say. On the other hand, if you look over the past 2 to 3 years here in Sweden, food prices more than doubled mostly, so a 30% price increase is pretty moderate if you look at it like that.

Also shouldn’t forget that most people get 15% salary raises each year now to battle empty pockets because of the inflation so without realizing it people are still getting richer in total percentage after all is said and done.

E.G. in the last 2 years earn about 10K kronor more a month after taxes, while is spend around 6k to 7k more because of inflation, so after all is said and done, everything looks more expensive but it actually is cheaper compared. I know this doesn’t count for everyone, I’m just 1 example.

There are always winners and loosers with inflation. Inflation is just a redistribution of money so yea you can be sure that most people loosenout on inflation.

mejin

Whenever any company stops reporting the numbers it’s a bad sign. They are following Microsoft’s lead here

It means stagnation. Gamepass and Plus are both having a hard time to grow bigger. GP in the range of 25 ~ 30M and Plus with 45 ~ 50M.

Sony should be aware by now they need DAT day one of software Sales more than ever. They'd be in deep shit if they went 100% on service like MS .

Everyone is doing the same thing, it’s not like consumers have much choice, yeh I wish consumers were clever enough to stop buying these expensive things for year, then watch the prices go down, but the entire system build on keeping the masses dumb and hungry.

Mephisto40

Considering Microsoft hiked their prices recently and it made little to no difference to the subscriber numbers I can't see it making much of a difference on Sonys end tbh

DavidGzz

I think MS and Sony are making new PC gamers daily with their prices to simply play online. I wouldn't have either one if my daughter who plays online all the time didn't live with me.

Why would Sony want to do that?

You got your "cheap" hardware, did you think you are going to get away scot-free?
True but 80 dollars just to play online is fucking bonkers
I did 3 year old go trick for 100 dollars still have 1.5 years left
Gamepass u can still justify with day 1 releases , xcloud but this is just plain greed

SHA

Consoles aren't poverty boxes, they aren't cheap, the PC BTW is cheap, it's way safer to be there, the PC community is just getting bigger and bigger for a reason.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

As with all subscription services these days. I'm very much moving to the take a month here and there if there's something specific I want to watch or try. The days of signing up year after year are gone for me.

Kerotan

The increase is big but if they're going to include their first party closer to Day 1 and maybe include things like EA Access or Ubi+ it's needed and will justify it.

Tsaki

They will definitely lose some subs. But it will be massively counteracted by the increase in revenue. They wouldn't do such a move if they didn't run the numbers a million times over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom