• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Studios Steam Page is up

Haggard

Banned
Did they say 5+gbps? Got a link when any proof? I'm tired of ppl throwing around numbers they don't know (not saying you are guilty of this, but don't bother replying if you can't provide a link/quote/proof).
We do know very well what modern game scenery eats in vram and this number is actually on the lower side for the targeted resolution.........
Stop pretending this would be some unknown factor or something to prove. The numbers are in literally every benchmark and insomniac sure as hell didn't just reinvent the wheel.

Last edited:

SEGA_2012

Pc gamers right now:

tenor.gif

Tough to do since Sony's biggest franchises are SP games. While MS, Nintendo, PC platform's biggest games with holding power for sales and hours played are MP.
I can play most single player games, a single time. And multiplayer games get played multiple times, for multiple hours and hours. But I do love the option of more people being able to play these titles, that they would not have otherwise. I don't care for exclusivity. I like being able to purchase a title, and play it how I like it, on any hardware I prefer, on any peripheral that I may choose. If I wanna play BB in native 4k, 100 fps, I can. If I wanna play GoW, TLOU2, R&C, HZD2, etc in higher resolution of framerate, I can. Im not stuck to a single hardware configs, only a single controller, etc. Give me the options!

Question is, Ratchet and Clank for example. Might not even be possible for years on PC due to I/O. Though knowing Sony, they'll probably delay the game on PC for the first year.
My guess is that if you have 32 or 64GB of RAM you can probably store enough prediction data (also with a GPU that has enough) to overcome most of the potential benefits of the SSD (I'm just talking here, not denying the benefits, but I could fit the whole 42 GB game in RAM and I would still have more RAM left than the PS5 has in total).

I know the other factors, this is great and all, but we don't really know yet, they could also add an option in the graphics page that allows you to benchmark your storage (SSD, nVme, etc. and set a level of texture details according to the streaming speed and whatever your video card can hold)... so if you had a SATA SSD you would potentially have lower resolution than someone with a decent nVme drive.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
This one is weird to list, because it's published by capcom and has been on pc since launch, it's not going to be part of the playstation studios page.

The point is PS console exclusives from both 1st and 3rd party are also starting to come to PC, so if you jump from Xbox to PC you can enjoy those 3rd party PS exclusive games too.

Ywap

This is a good thing for everyone. The more money Sony can make from their amazing software the better (y)

Last edited:
I like seeing old console exclusive games come to PC, we've lost too many games that are trapped on old hardware over the years that could get an extra wind of sales and support if brought to PC.
Literally this.

It's why I support the idea of Sony bringing old games on PC, and here's hoping a lot more old (talking ps2-ps3 era) will slowly trickle onto the PC.

There's a number of games I never got to play, so if it finds itself on steam (like Killzone 3) I would totally buy it.

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
Putting games on PC helps archive them longer than keeping them bound on consoles.

I’m liking this trend of making the PC the platform for gaming. Now if Nintendo could get on board…

Fredrik

Not everyone plays on pc or has a pc to run these games majority of people Will still play on consoles.
Yeah people need to stop worrying that this will be the death of Playstation. PC and consoles are rarely in direct competition. I have a PC and Xbox and I’m still playing games on Xbox even though games come day 1 to PC, for some games the Xbox is my preferred platform, for others the PC is where I go, and for some I play on both.

dcmk7

Banned
give me Bloodborne. if they want to put Demons Souls on it i'll buy that too. try the "have fun waiting 2 years to play it". don't worry, i've been waiting 11 years to play Demons Souls so i'm sure another couple years wouldn't matter. And i already played Bloodborne a shit load of times on my PS4 so i'm really in no rush :)

if Sony want to put games out on PC then that's great. gives me less reason to buy a PS5. i don't really mind how long it takes for them to come to PC. if i can save myself a few hundred £ i'll happily wait.
There is no problem with that.

I don't think Sony necessary cares what the format is. Although saying that I'm sure a lot of people will double dip.

I think you're attitude of waiting is going get more common this generation.

Waiting for $70 games to reduce to a better price.

And not buying retail games, at all, waiting for them to appear on a subscription service.

Just the way it's going at the moment.

dcmk7

Banned
Realistically, what would happen if Sony would start releasing all their games on PC day 1?

Am I naive to think nothing bad would happen and they would just start selling more games?
Whole point of keeping games away from PC for a while is to make PS5 platform attractive. Since it's the only place to play the game, so if you want it buy the console.

Releasing it on PC a few years later, gives the title a new lease of life and get the crowd which will also double dip.

If they released both versions same day, Sony wouldn't get those benefits.

Fredrik

Whole point of keeping games away from PC for a while is to make PS5 platform attractive. Since it's the only place to play the game, so if you want it buy the console.

Releasing it on PC a few years later, gives the title a new lease of life and get the crowd which will also double dip.

If they released both versions same day, Sony wouldn't get those benefits.
But they would get more sales at the day 1 release when the hype is maxed. Lots of people are skipping Sony’s PC releases right now because they’re old games.

Personslly I don’t think PC gaming and console gaming are in direct competition. As a PC gamer with a Xbox Series X I’m playing some games on PC and some on Xbox. It all depends on the game.

Games that are best played with a controller are usually played on Xbox, like Gears, RDR2, shmup and platformers, and I never play games with my kids on PC. But typical mouse and keyboard games like Skyrim, No Man’s Sky, Cyberpunk and also racing games are all played on PC.

I wouldn’t be satisfied if I traded away either platform, for me they’re competing in very little ways.

Last edited:
Still a Playstation console exclusive so it counts.
Then your post is just framed disingenuously, because it has nothing to do with the playstation studios store page, which you included a picture of, and playstation isn't the one getting paid because they don't publish it.

iHaunter

My guess is that if you have 32 or 64GB of RAM you can probably store enough prediction data (also with a GPU that has enough) to overcome most of the potential benefits of the SSD (I'm just talking here, not denying the benefits, but I could fit the whole 42 GB game in RAM and I would still have more RAM left than the PS5 has in total).

I know the other factors, this is great and all, but we don't really know yet, they could also add an option in the graphics page that allows you to benchmark your storage (SSD, nVme, etc. and set a level of texture details according to the streaming speed and whatever your video card can hold)... so if you had a SATA SSD you would potentially have lower resolution than someone with a decent nVme drive.
That's not the issue. It's how the I/O works with the rest of the hardware. I would re-watch the Cerny presentation.

Corndog

Banned
Look I have a powerful PC myself but, all PC will be getting is the PS4 games. Anything that is made for the PS5 will not be ported to the PC for many years.
PC's today do not have a custom I/O throughput that can do up to 22 GB/s. Not even close. So PS5 will be necessary to play those games.
A computer with a large enough ram amount can certainly play those games.

I knew there had to be some reason why you cant articulate an argument, a complete sentence, or to defend yourself from looking like the dullest tool in the box.
I have to argue with your brain farting, which you, by a ridiculous coincidence, call "facts"? No, I'm sorry, I stopped arguing with dumb people a long time ago. Lick your PC as much as you like, judging by the hairstyle on your avatar, you practice it.

VFXVeteran

Banned
That'd be great. I for one can't wait to see more PlayStation games on PC. But I don't see a game like Rift Apart releasing on PC for a long, long time though. We'll see.
I'm curious. Why is it that people think a game looses it's luster because it comes out years later? Is it not the same game? I'm genuinely asking and not trying to be combative. I just see a lot of people saying this as if the game will no longer look as good or play as well.

I'm curious. Why is it that people think a game looses it's luster because it comes out years later? Is it not the same game? I'm genuinely asking and not trying to be combative. I just see a lot of people saying this as if the game will no longer look as good or play as well.
I don't think that is what he was saying at all but..
I think a lot of people have the "old game is old" attitude which I get to a certain degree. I bought ME Legendary Edition and honestly after spending a couple hours in ME1 (which I never played as I didn't have a 360 until like 2010) I dropped it because it felt too "old". Now obviously this isn't the same as the game is over a decade old but I think a lot of people stick to current releases as it's something to talk about with friends and they generally always feel "current". Games are most popular generally when they are brand new and people want to be part of the conversation. I'm guilty of it buying games that I never finish because I'm interested even though I know it will take me awhile to actually finish it and I could have saved like $40.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I don't think that is what he was saying at all but..
I think a lot of people have the "old game is old" attitude which I get to a certain degree. I bought ME Legendary Edition and honestly after spending a couple hours in ME1 (which I never played as I didn't have a 360 until like 2010) I dropped it because it felt too "old". Now obviously this isn't the same as the game is over a decade old

Yea that's not a good example tbh.

but I think a lot of people stick to current releases as it's something to talk about with friends and they generally always feel "current".
I get this but if PC guys get a game 4yrs later for example, I would assume they would be talking amongst the people who own PCs.

Games are most popular generally when they are brand new and people want to be part of the conversation. I'm guilty of it buying games that I never finish because I'm interested even though I know it will take me awhile to actually finish it and I could have saved like $40.
Yea, I have too. I have several games never finished.

We only hear this from the Sony crowd and I just want to know if they are saying this out of spite or not. The game being old to them would clearly be valid, but if it was a stellar game, then it should always be a stellar game. GoW and Bloodborne are examples of that. They are timeless classics whereby if they did come out on PC and had meaningful upgrades to the graphics, I'd think it would be a very good thing despite it coming out much later.

Last edited:

Md Ray

even if Rift Apart comes out in 4yrs time, it would still be a stellar game to play no?
Definitely. I never said it wouldn't be. I don't know why you keep asking this question to me.

I'd love to revisit games that interest me the most like UC4 on PC with better graphics and frame rate even if it came out a couple of years from now. And it's a 5-year-old game already.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Definitely. I never said it wouldn't be. I don't know why you keep asking this question to me.

I'd love to revisit games that interest me the most like UC4 on PC with better graphics and frame rate even if it came out a couple of years from now. And it's a 5-year-old game already.
I don't mean any malice man. You seem like a neutral dude and I'm essentially wanting to hear your feedback as opposed to others. Thanks for the answers.

Dream-Knife

Banned
That's cool, most anything on PC worth playing will on PS5 too. I need to upgrade from my 2070S
2070s is more powerful than a PS5, so playing Sony games shouldn't be an issue with that card.

If you just want 1440p 60 that card should last you a while still.

Romulus

2070s is more powerful than a PS5, so playing Sony games shouldn't be an issue with that card.

If you just want 1440p 60 that card should last you a while still.

Yeah I think with optimization ps5 will definitely edge it out though, especially exclusives made specifically forps5

Top Bottom