• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Studios Steam Page is up

Dolodolo

We have Returnal, Demon Souls, Spiderman Miles, Horizon Forbidden West. - All games not using the SSD in a manner of what you speak. Those games can clearly be ported to PC without issue.
You apparently absolutely do not understand how the business works. Sony is porting games that have already done everything for them. Sold new Ps4. They brought money with full prices and various discounts. Approaches to subscription and so on. Then she goes to the pc to earn a little more
Ps5 titles are needed in order to sell 100 million new consoles again, as was the case with Ps4. If you really think Sony will be porting Ps5 games (even cross genes) to pc, then you will be disappointed.

yurinka

It is now 18 new games and/or DLC's, since the page was updated an hour ago, two new games were added to the list that were already on Steam and one game that is currently hidden.
I assume the next ones they'll add will be Death Stranding, Journey, Flower and their three games developed by Quantic Dream (plus the demo that two of them have on Steam), and ReadySet Heroes. Even if ported and published by other publishers, since they are Sony games I assume Sony will get some money from the PC version, so would be ok to list them on their curator page.

Last edited:

reksveks

I assume the next ones they'll add will be Journey, Flower and their three games developed by Quantic Dream (plus the demo that two of them have on Steam)
Flower and Journey have already been published on PC (Epic Game Store) through Annapurna, I know Quantic Dreams games also have but not sure whom by (seems that Quantic Dream self-published on EGS) .

Last edited:

yurinka

Flower and Journey have already been published on PC (Epic Game Store) through Annapurna, I know Quantic Dreams games also have but not sure whom by (seems that Quantic Dream self-published on EGS) .
All the ones I mentioned where published on PC while ago and are already available on Steam too (including the demos). Yes, the two ThatGameCompany games were published by Annapurna on PC, and Quantic Dream selfpublished their own games.

reksveks

All the ones I mentioned where published on PC while ago and are already available on Steam too (including the demos). Yes, the two ThatGameCompany games were published by Annapurna on PC, and Quantic Dream selfpublished their own games.
I could be wrong but isn't that a publisher page instead of a curator page. (all of the games that I have gone through seems to have been published by Sony). I also wouldn't count on Sony getting revenue from those games as soon as they are published by another company.

Ignore me, Steam have very similar page titles and structure for curator and publisher it seems.

Last edited:

yurinka

I could be wrong but isn't that a publisher page instead of a curator page. (all of the games that I have gone through seems to have been published by Sony). I also wouldn't count on Sony getting revenue from those games as soon as they are published by another company.

Ignore me, Steam have very similar page titles and structure for curator and publisher it seems.
In the OP you can see the thumbnail title of this Steam page mentioning it as a curator page. I assume they use the same page type for curators and for publishers because some publishers sometimes include on their page games published or developed by friend studios or partners.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Returnal will be the first PS5 game to cross the line over to PC. Housemarque like Kojima will want the additional sales. There is a reason Nex Machina their last game was on PC.

Holammer

Returnal will be the first PS5 game to cross the line over to PC. Housemarque like Kojima will want the additional sales. There is a reason Nex Machina their last game was on PC.
That's a logical prediction, but they might try to recoup the losses for Destruction AllStars by dumping it on PC as fast as possible.
... maaaaybe it'll find an audience there?

VFXVeteran

Banned
You apparently absolutely do not understand how the business works.
I see. So your understanding of the business is to get PC owners to buy a PS5 after playing a superior version of the game from the PS4 and will 100% have a superior version of any PS5 title if made.

images

Sony is porting games that have already done everything for them. Sold new Ps4. They brought money with full prices and various discounts. Approaches to subscription and so on. Then she goes to the pc to earn a little more
Ps5 titles are needed in order to sell 100 million new consoles again, as was the case with Ps4. If you really think Sony will be porting Ps5 games (even cross genes) to pc, then you will be disappointed.
Each of the companies will already have their pipelines converted to compile PC code since they did that for last gen games. We just don't know when that will take place. I don't agree with your stance that no PS5 title will come to PC until PS6. But again, you guys act like you are the brains of the company with your assumptions and conspiracy theories so I shouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:

NickFire

I think its a good thing for them to sell PC versions when they can make a profit. It does absolutely nothing for me personally, but I happen to enjoy a lot of their games on console. The more they sell globally, the more they make, and the more risks they can take. I know selling more consoles leads to the same place, but I still find it difficult to believe that selling PC versions will materially reduce console sales. A lot of people still like the simplicity of consoles while sitting on the couch.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
But without that giant crosshair/hit box +bullet magnetism, pls. 🤮

Haggard

Banned
Did they say 5+gbps? Got a link when any proof? I'm tired of ppl throwing around numbers they don't know (not saying you are guilty of this, but don't bother replying if you can't provide a link/quote/proof).
https://www.golem.de/news/ratchet-c...inuten-lang-ladebalken-sehen-2105-156465.html appeared on a german newssite.

Mike Fitzgerald the Technical Lead for R&C confirmed what we already knew ....and some people doubted.

Original:
Mike Fitzgerald:
Wir verwenden keine Tricks! Es gibt Games, bei denen sich zwei Umgebungen gleichzeitig im Speicher befinden. Wir wollen aber, dass die Welten immer in voller Detailstufe und Größe zu sehen sind. Deshalb schmeißen wir die, die du gerade verlassen hast, aus dem Speicher und laden den neuen Level vollständig rein, was ungefähr eine Drittelsekunde dauert.
Wenn man das auf einer Playstation 4 machen würde, würde man zwei Minuten lang einen Ladebalken sehen.

Translated Summary:
We want every world you jump into to look its best in scale and detail which is why we drop the one you`re leaving from memory and completely load the one you`re jumping to instead every single time, which takes about 1/3rd of a second. A PS4 would need a 2 minute loading screen every time this happens.

If we`d take those numbers at face value then 2 min with PS4 HDD speed would be roughly 6GB . Incidentally around the same you`d expect for modern game scenery.....who`d have thought :messenger_face_screaming:

Last edited:

Holammer

Sorry for the kinda necro, but not really.
With today's GoW announcement the PlayStation studios page increased from 44 to 45 after staying at 44 objects for 5-6 months.

dFipjjU.jpg

Is the +1 GoW page getting merged with Playstation Mobile or something else? We literally have no way of telling. Speculation is useless.

DrAspirino

Banned
Look I have a powerful PC myself but, all PC will be getting is the PS4 games. Anything that is made for the PS5 will not be ported to the PC for many years.
PC's today do not have a custom I/O throughput that can do up to 22 GB/s. Not even close. So PS5 will be necessary to play those games.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

You were saying?

That game mechanic could run on a f*cking PS3.

Heck, there's even a tech demo of just that running on a PC with an HDD. So no, you clearly have absolutely no idea of what a PC can do.

You guys need to give it up.

The video you posted doesn't touch on the instal transition on Blizar Prime because he would have to admit that you need faster storage speed for that.

Insomniac were limited with their streaming budget on spider-man on the PS4 and he couldn't go any faster unless they downgraded the assets around him.

There's a reason why they hide loading in video games.

Papacheeks

Banned

You were saying?

Heck, there's even a tech demo of just that running on a PC with an HDD. So no, you clearly have absolutely no idea of what a PC can do.

That demo you link is a tech demo for one hardly anything going on but still level assets. Go look at the density of Ratchet thats what people compare. You could run ratchet on a PS3, but its going to look like shit, you wont be able to have as many things within frame at the same time, let alone have tons of animated assets, sets, and the over all scope of it will be kind of shit.

But to have it look at the fidelity it does while in motion is no easy feat.

Also the first video you linked was basically debunked because the dude hasn;t been in games for like over a fucking decade, so his example is outdated if contrived. Not saying his sample is a bad sample , like I said you could make Rift apart run on a PS4/PS3. But the amount of detail, assets, and overall rendered scope/size would be incredibly small and running at a really shitty resolution just to be able to handle everything on PS4's potato CPU, and PS3 which had a incredible hard cpu to code for.
I love that you LOL'D my response about PC. I wasn't wrong in what Sony has been putting on PC. It's all older games. We will see I would assume God of war: Ragnorok, Forbidden west sooner rather than later. Mainly because they are cross gen games, so not leveraging the ssd in terms of map/asset streaming.

But games made for the system from scratch as we move on will leverage the ssd more. Even Insomniac said ratchet is a early game in tems of how much they are leveraging the ssd. Which is why DF found out doing tests that you can run ratchet on a modest NVME SSD. But questions that as time goes on developers will lean on the full throughoutput more.
They are using less than 50% from what I know. Sony specs their hardware customizations for much longer than most. PS4 in 2013 had fucking 8GB of GDDR5 how many video cards in the PC market at the same time had that?

Same goes for their SSD. We now a year later are getting 7.0gb/s drives. ANd still no PC can utilize the speed yet as we wait for Direct storage API. ANd then you have to wait longer for worth while updates by developers.
Go troll another thread with outdated shit information.

Last edited:

Jen_yakzua

You were saying?

You were saying?

The tech demo is running on an ssd

Corndog

Banned
You guys need to give it up.

The video you posted doesn't touch on the instal transition on Blizar Prime because he would have to admit that you need faster storage speed for that.

Insomniac were limited with their streaming budget on spider-man on the PS4 and he couldn't go any faster unless they downgraded the assets around him.

There's a reason why they hide loading in video games.
Sure. Especially on consoles that have limited ram. I’m glad we are moving to ssd’s. Hopefully no more minute plus load times. That said ratchet doesn’t do anything ground breaking. It just has less limitations.

DeaDPo0L84

It’s restricted to being able to play it 4 years after anyone with a PlayStation
For me personally it's fun cause I played the hell out of GoW on PS4 Pro and loved it, same with Horizon and Days Gone all on day one.

Now I've gotten a chance to experience them in a new way on PC, sure this isn't everyone's situation but for me it's exciting. It's like getting a remaster that otherwise wouldn't happen if it weren't for PC.

Banned
I chuckled at the better ecosystem lol

well you can play literally more than 90% of all videogames ever released on a PC... so.. I mean, the Windows "ecosystem" has a pretty big advantage in that regard. No other system has that many available games.

Last edited:

LimanimaPT

No reason to have a PS5 if everything goes to the PC with better graphics.
There are a lot of reasons.
For starters, if you have multiple family members that play games, you don't have to buy the same games multiple times.
A PS5 costs 500, a pc rig costs at least 1500.
Playing confortable seated on a couch on a 65 inch tv, versus playing seated on a desk on a 27 inch monitor.
Graphics ain't everything. Besides, the new consoles deliver good enough graphics.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
There are a lot of reasons.
For starters, if you have multiple family members that play games, you don't have to buy the same games multiple times.
A PS5 costs 500, a pc rig costs at least 1500.
Playing confortable seated on a couch on a 65 inch tv, versus playing seated on a desk on a 27 inch monitor.
Graphics ain't everything. Besides, the new consoles deliver good enough graphics.

What is this 2009? Without taking sides here, this argument needs to go away.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

You were saying?

So ignorant.

Here's the thing: You can achieve the same perceptual effect numerous ways. However that isn't to say that every methodology is the same in terms of hardware requirements, implementation cost, and all consequential drawbacks and limitations.

In simple terms, you can fake it and take the hits that entail, or you can do it properly without such restrictions, but that may require more power band resources.

And no, despite the click-baity title. Jon (who I know personally and have worked for a couple of times in the past) actually explains all this in the video.

Last edited:

yurinka

I see. So your understanding of the business is to get PC owners to buy a PS5 after playing a superior version of the game from the PS4 and will 100% have a superior version of any PS5 title if made.

images

Each of the companies will already have their pipelines converted to compile PC code since they did that for last gen games. We just don't know when that will take place. I don't agree with your stance that no PS5 title will come to PC until PS6. But again, you guys act like you are the brains of the company with your assumptions and conspiracy theories so I shouldn't be surprised.
1s party Sony games represent a tiny portion of Sony's revenue. The biggest revenue source for Sony is (mostly 3rd party) PSN revenue.

As of now PSN is only for PS5 games and services, and the main PS5 selling point is exclusive games. So they will continue having PS5 exclusives and will continue porting only some games and several years later (this doesn't mean they willl wait until PS6 to release PS5 only games to PC, I think 2-ish years is ok) to get extra revenue to cover the insanely high budgets of their AAA games and reach a bigger audience without risking PS5 sales.

In PC people traditionally pays less for a game, people uses more key stores and wait for bigger discounts more, and on top of that Sony gives there a 30% of their cut to Steam. So they prefer to sell that same game on a PS. On top of that there are an average of around 14 games sold per PS4 plus the subs stuff, which means that with an exclusive game they sell a PS it will generate additional profits.

Top Bottom