• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Studios Steam Page is up

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Then your post is just framed disingenuously, because it has nothing to do with the playstation studios store page, which you included a picture of, and playstation isn't the one getting paid because they don't publish it.

That’s not the case though. It does relate to the store page on a wider scope, because my point is that the PS 1st party is the last holdout.

Note that you’re the only one arguing it when everyone else gets it.

YCoCg

Wasn't it proved that the PS5 GPU is equal to an RTX 3060 is the Assassin's Creed test of just raw power? A lot of other state it around a 2070 or a 2080 (most falling on a 2070 super).

I look forward to buying a new GPU at some point though, hopefully by the end of the year I'll have one.

Bryank75

Banned
If you don't mind it playing after 1.5 years.

I don't for the record.

More like, when the generation ends. PC is getting some ps4 games now... not PS5. Dunno where people get the idea that they might get ps5 games in the next year or two unless they are 3rd party.

Shubh_C63

More like, when the generation ends. PC is getting some ps4 games now... not PS5. Dunno where people get the idea that they might get ps5 games in the next year or two unless they are 3rd party.
Because MS did the PC jump in a big way this gen, not before. Sony has an official steam page. Hell has frozen over that console exclusives have came to PC, how this was mad thinking back in 2013. And Denuvo is convincingly putting Piracy in check.

1.5 to 2 years is a very generous timeline. or we can say the original game will end up on PC when the sequel is only an year away from release on consoles.

VN1X

Banned
Really wish we would get Returnal sooner rather than later though. I mean I'd be happy to get a PS5 for it but yeah... that ain't happening until 2025 when these things are actually on store shelves lol.

Last edited:
Really we would get Returnal sooner rather than later though. I mean I'd be happy to get a PS5 for it but yeah... that ain't happening until 2025 when these things are actually on store shelves lol.
Returnal would be a great candidate. I can't imagine it being very profitable right now, and PC gamers love the genre so it could really make some good money there.

IBoAKeYdERiDAygi

Neo Member

It is now 18 new games and/or DLC's, since the page was updated an hour ago, two new games were added to the list that were already on Steam and one game that is currently hidden.

Last edited:

It is now 18 new games and/or DLC's, since the page was updated an hour ago, two new games were added to the list that were already on Steam and one game that is currently hidden.
It would be nice if they could just lay out the time frame of all of their games release dates. All this guess work is uneeded, as we know they are coming, just don't know the dates.

It could be 1 game and 17 DLCs
It could be 14 games, 2 Dlc's, and 2
vDlYfxE.jpg

yurinka

They have been published/ported for PC by other people, but as I remember there are more 2nd party Sony games on PC:
-Journey
-Flower
-Heavy Rain
-Heavy Rain demo
-Beyond
-Beyond demo
-Detroit: Become Human
-Death Stranding
-ReadySet Heroes

Holammer

18 objects just waiting for someone to slam that publish button and more will be added.
For now the number is a metaphorical Sword of Damocles, the string ready to snap at any moment. Is it just a silly dlc? A soundtrack, digital artbook? Or is it Ghost of Tsushima and Demon's souls?

It'll keep someone up at night.

Look I have a powerful PC myself but, all PC will be getting is the PS4 games. Anything that is made for the PS5 will not be ported to the PC for many years.
PC's today do not have a custom I/O throughput that can do up to 22 GB/s. Not even close. So PS5 will be necessary to play those games.
I really hate the constant flexing of the PS5's I/O around here. I'm so over it.

IBoAKeYdERiDAygi

Neo Member
It would be nice if they could just lay out the time frame of all of their games release dates. All this guess work is uneeded, as we know they are coming, just don't know the dates.
"Days Gone" was released on PC almost 1 year after "Horizon Zero Dawn", if we are to think about it in such way, then we can assume that at least one year of time has to pass before a new Playstation title will be released on PC, but of course this is nothing concrete as I am just an anonymous user of NeoGAF that doesn't have any insider information, but wants to dream about these games coming to PC nonetheless.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

No difference between a PC plugged into a TV with a controller and a console.

I'm curious: you saw the opportunity and fired off that reply without really thinking about what you were typing, right?

It's ok. We all do it occasionally, leaving little bits of our shame for all to see.

Graciaus

I'm curious: you saw the opportunity and fired off that reply without really thinking about what you were typing, right?

It's ok. We all do it occasionally, leaving little bits of our shame for all to see.
They are exactly the same once play is clicked. I'm not sure what you aren't getting here.

Lanrutcon

They are exactly the same once play is clicked.

Haha, mate: you're on forum with a bunch of gaming enthusiasts who know the tech inside and out, veterans of many platform wars and enough threads about performance comparisons to choke an elephant. Try again.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Look I have a powerful PC myself but, all PC will be getting is the PS4 games. Anything that is made for the PS5 will not be ported to the PC for many years.
PC's today do not have a custom I/O throughput that can do up to 22 GB/s. Not even close. So PS5 will be necessary to play those games.
We have Returnal, Demon Souls, Spiderman Miles, Horizon Forbidden West. - All games not using the SSD in a manner of what you speak. Those games can clearly be ported to PC without issue.

I simply cant understand how the PC Gaming market is THAT attractive to Sony. I think Sony does this just to spite MS. Which is good for the consumer i'll guess.

IBoAKeYdERiDAygi

Neo Member
I simply cant understand how the PC Gaming market is THAT attractive to Sony. I think Sony does this just to spite MS. Which is good for the consumer i'll guess.
It's not the PC player base that is attractive to Sony, it's the potential profit that they can make by simply releasing some of the games that already made their money back in order to increase the input in future games that will have some form of exclusivity on PS5.

GOW deserves to be ran on better hardware. Release them all on PC.
Imagine every game with an unlocked framerate vs sometimes sub 30fps. Ultrawide, super ultrawide resolution support, raytracing, HBAO, higher resolution textures, effects, better tesselation, etc. I can just see it now, all of the guys from TLOU2 threads now downplaying the game when it hits PC soon. Abby memes are going to become so much stronger, hypothetically, metaphorically, and visually.

It's not the PC player base that is attractive to Sony, it's the potential profit that they can make by simply releasing some of the games that already made their money back in order to increase the input in future games that will have some form of exclusivity on PS5.
To port something costs money and brings new responsibilities with it, not only with technical support but also protecting the brand from unwanted potential (technical) problems that comes with the porting. Just take a look on how pissed some PC folks where with the unoptimized release of HZD. Its a delicate thing to handle such backlashes and in my opinion not worth the risk.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
And thank God for that. Freedom, options...

True Story. The control I gain from playing on PC means more than anything a console could bring to the table. Cheat Engine just saved Nier Replicant(automatically got all 33 weapons needed for endings C,D, and E) for me on PC otherwise I would have likely dropped the game had I bought it on consoles. Increasing the FOV of RE8 is another PC exclusive feature/mod I just used. The modding community of Starfield is going to be bananas.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Hence why we can't bring ourselves to lower our standards. It's not even about spending a few hundred dollars, but more so the horrible performance, limited FOV, frame pacing, etc. Call me stuck up if you want, but at least I got standards.

I appreciate the little things like going into the .ini file to tweak setting not available in the setting menu in game. Used that for Outer Worlds and Prey. Used the 120hz mod for Sekiro.

I appreciate the little things like going into the .ini file to tweak setting not available in the setting menu in game. Used that for Outer Worlds and Prey. Used the 120hz mod for Sekiro.
Literally one of the first thing I do if a game doesn't have everything I need in the options menu. The framerate and ultrawide edits were a must in order for me to continue playing Sekiro when it launched. You'd imagine FROM would have natively added that in the game officially.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
I think the next GOW is supposedly a PS4 title as well.
Yea if any PS5 games come out that is cross-gen but does take advantage of the SSD->VRAM speed, then you can bet that the inferior I/O on other hardware can still be implemented which would cross off any concerns that having the PS5 do it but noone else can.

Last edited:

Graciaus

Haha, mate: you're on forum with a bunch of gaming enthusiasts who know the tech inside and out, veterans of many platform wars and enough threads about performance comparisons to choke an elephant. Try again.
I'd be willing to bet more then half has never even played a pc game. This is the same forum who consistently brings up having to sit at a desk to play on pc.

Performance wise there a difference. Duh? That wasn't my point.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
They are close enough in some games but not in all. Trying to play Ori and the Will of the Wisps in HDR on my TV yesterday reminded me about this again. Nowhere near a console like experience.
And not playing Ori in Ultrawide is nowhere near a pc like experience.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

I'd be willing to bet more then half has never even played a pc game. This is the same forum who consistently brings up having to sit at a desk to play on pc.

Performance wise there a difference. Duh? That wasn't my point.

Oh, so the thing you said wasn't what you meant because...oh, no. You're just backtracking now because you said something dumb.

Continue.

Top Bottom