• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus has 48 million subscribers, a new record high

T0minator

how do you make games then? you have to make more money in order to make games.

more revenue means more profit for your games. Unless you think those revenue arent profitable.
You're understanding what he's saying. Just because a game does well it doesn't mean it's getting a new game. It depends on what the next project would need to be budgeted at.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
You're understanding what he's saying. Just because a game does well it doesn't mean it's getting a sequel. With that money that can still make a new IP. You can't automatically assume a sequel will happen
I understood him. Sequels wont get green light easily. But they can still make other games. As long as they have enough money, they can start making new games. sequel or new IP.

Winter John

Gold Member
how do you make games then? you have to make more money in order to make games.

more revenue means more profit for your games. Unless you think those revenue arent profitable.
This is the point you made -

"more revenue, more games"

I replied saying that it ain't necessarily so. Sony might be making more money but that don't automatically mean more games. All I know is if I want to play my PS4 online I'm forced to subscribe to their service which hasn't benefited me at all. Locking online behind a paywall is a really shitty, greedy thing Sony have done. As customers we shouldn't be applauding Sony because they managed to tax 48 million people. We should be condemning the shit out of them for their greed, (and Microsoft too before anyone jumps in with that whatabout)

kingfey

Banned
This is the point you made -

"more revenue, more games"
That is true.

I replied saying that it ain't necessarily so. Sony might be making more money but that don't automatically mean more games. All I know is if I want to play my PS4 online I'm forced to subscribe to their service which hasn't benefited me at all. Locking online behind a paywall is a really shitty, greedy thing Sony have done. As customers we shouldn't be applauding Sony because they managed to tax 48 million people. We should be condemning the shit out of them for their greed, (and Microsoft too before anyone jumps in with that whatabout)
That is business. MS were the top in the MP section during the 360, and did whatever they wanted. Sony become leaders during ps4, and did whatever they wanted.

If there is no balance, the other company could do stupid shit. Now look what is happening. MS did gamepass, Sony is following the suite. Ms out their games on PC, Sony is following the suite. MS made money from gaas games, Sony is invest in those business. That is the result of competition.

These charged online service would disappear soon, once spartacus/gamepass are in stable form, and able to cover those online subscription losses.

Winter John

Gold Member
That is true.

That is business. MS were the top in the MP section during the 360, and did whatever they wanted. Sony become leaders during ps4, and did whatever they wanted.

If there is no balance, the other company could do stupid shit. Now look what is happening. MS did gamepass, Sony is following the suite. Ms out their games on PC, Sony is following the suite. MS made money from gaas games, Sony is invest in those business. That is the result of competition.

These charged online service would disappear soon, once spartacus/gamepass are in stable form, and able to cover those online subscription losses.
No. we ain't going down that road. The only reason I mentioned MS in the first place was too head off the oh but whatabout those guys. I figured that was clear but I guess not.

kingfey

Banned
No. we ain't going down that road. The only reason I mentioned MS in the first place was too head off the oh but whatabout those guys. I figured that was clear but I guess not.
This isnt about those stuffs. Its about competitions. Competition between those brings good stuff. if there is no competition, the other party becomes lazy, and we consumers suffer in the process. That is the point, i was trying to tell you.

Top Bottom