• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation boss Jim Ryan is retiring March 2024

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
whoopty-doo.gif

Seems the approval of the Activision merger for Microsoft was too much for Jimbo to handle. In all seriousness though, hopefully the next person in charge on PlayStation actually knows how to hold a controller and enjoys video games for more than just the money they bring in. Also, please do away with the GAAS initiative for the next 10 years.

Jim-Ryan-SIE-Deputy_01-16-18.jpg

SSfox

Hopefully a new CEO that understand playstation brand well.

I think Jimbo was alright, but not as good as his predecessors.

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

Idk why I have a weird feeling it could be for health reasons, but hope I’m wrong.

So long Jim, it’s been fun. Curious to see who his replacement is.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Sony PlayStation confirms: Jim Ryan intends to retire in March 2024

F7EGoGpXsAAS95g

Comment from Jim Ryan

“After 30 years, I have made the decision to retire from SIE in March 2024. I’ve relished the opportunity to have a job I love in a very special company, working with great people and incredible partners. But I’ve found it increasingly difficult to reconcile living in Europe and working in North America. I will leave having been privileged to work on products that have touched millions of lives across the world; PlayStation will always be part of my life, and I feel more optimistic than ever about the future of SIE. I want to thank Yoshida-san for placing so much trust in me and being an incredibly sensitive and supportive leader.”

Comment from Hiroki Totoki

“I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to Jim Ryan for his outstanding achievements and contributions over his 30-year career at Sony, including the great success of launching the PlayStation 5. The PlayStation business managed by SIE is an essential part of Sony Group’s entire business portfolio. I will work with Jim and the senior management team closely to ensure our continued success and further growth. I am also looking forward to creating the exciting future of PlayStation and the game industry together with everyone at SIE and its business partners.”

Last edited:

Stafford

I'm seeing people hoping they will change this GaaS focus, but will they? Does it work that way? I mean I am sure even he had someone above him, right? Or did he really have 100% say in these decisions?

Personally I can't see their focus change drastically, but hey, we'll see.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
He's retiring.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This is mental....I literally said yesterday to a colleague I bet he's gone soon...I don't know why but I felt it.

That's fucking weird

Top Bottom