• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menitta

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
And where might one acquire these accessories? The airsoft shop?

its from the
death
confidant
(doctor lady)
, you can buy them at rank...5(?) and at rank 7 you have a discount on them (because they are expensive)

Linkura

Ichiko Ohya confidant rank 4 spoilers

So... she lied about working on a story to her boss by admitting to statutory rape, which isn't even true.

Are you fucking kidding me with this shit, Atlus

Not in Japan. :/

Edit: Nevermind, I stand corrected.

No, the age of consent in Tokyo is 18.
Also,
the dialog literally had the chief saying it was illegal, and her saying "yup, who knows how many laws we're breaking."

But didn't the chief call bullshit on it from the start though? I'm at rank 9 and I vaguely remember it. I took it as a joke because he wasn't buying it no matter what the MC says and she needed to stick to that cover because she was about to lose her lively hood. Yeah its flawed but that's the only card she had to play in that moment.

You probably know more about the age of consent in Japan than I do. I just went off of what I saw on a Google search.

Note: I have a shit memory. (Medical reasons why it's shit) so I may be misremembering that paticular scene.

Linkura

Also,
the dialog literally had the chief saying it was illegal, and her saying "yup, who knows how many laws we're breaking."

The reason why I'm flabberghasted, though, is that
she is literally admitting to an actual crime just to cover up lying to her boss

Well shit....

mike6467

9/13

stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

Jealous cat

That part was probably the most annoyed I've been with the game. It sealed my opinion on Ryuji.

General character stuff up to 9/23 ahead:

I've done his s link. I'm empathetic to the situation. His past sucked, but that doesn't mean I'd ever want to be around him. Or have him on a team which he's determined to sabotage.

Dude is either too narcissistic to acknowledge, or too stupid to realize that he's hurting people and fucking the entire operation over. Over and over again. I mean shit, say what you will about Morgana, at least his character looks at himself, and his attitude and uses the experience to grow. You know...character development? Ryuji doubles down on his stupid shit and remains static and annoying as fuck. I said this earlier, but if they patched in an "Itemize Ryuji" feature, I'd use it without a second thought. I was mildly annoyed by him until this point, but that really grated on me. I'm hoping he actually grows as a character and becomes tolerable, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jintor

Also,

The reason why I'm flabberghasted, though, is that
she is literally admitting to an actual crime just to cover up lying to her boss

I mean,
I don't think it's inconceivable that her boss would give much more of a shit about her lying to him than about her dating a high schooler... people think it's skeevy, but absent clear authority-relationship issues, people tend to stay out people's relationships even when age enters into it

I didn't find it utterly out there

Past 9/16 spoilers
I mean I get it but at the same time this team friction seems a wee bit forced and ryuji while didn't bother me too much is now getting on my nerves since September started hopefully it dies down

Toki767

That part was probably the most annoyed I've been with the game. It sealed my opinion on Ryuji.

I've done his s link. I'm empathetic to the situation. His past sucked, but that doesn't mean I'd ever want to be around him. Or have him on a team which he's determined to sabotage.

Dude is either too narcissistic to acknowledge, or too stupid to realize that he's hurting people and fucking the entire operation over. Over and over again. I mean shit, say what you will about Morgana, at least his character looks at himself, and his attitude and uses the experience to grow. You know...character development? Ryuji doubles down on his stupid shit and remains static and annoying as fuck. I said this earlier, but if they patched in an "Itemize Ryuji" feature, I'd use it without a second thought. I was mildly annoyed by him until this point, but that really grated on me. I'm hoping he actually grows as a character and becomes tolerable, but I'm not holding my breath.
Someone who sympathizes with Morgana tell me
how Ryuji is the one to blame when he was all for going after the new target but Ann and Yusuke weren't but Morgana attacked Ryuji for it.

That was ridiculous.

Jintor

uhhhhhhhhh so 10/27
I... don't think I opened up Haru's slink yet? Did I fuck up somewhere? I'd like to have baton pass for this dungeon...

Stalwart

Past 9/16 spoilers
I mean I get it but at the same time this team friction seems a wee bit forced and ryuji while didn't bother me too much is now getting on my nerves since September started hopefully it dies down

It was extremely forced to me as well. Really weird segment of the story.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

Well, I mean he is a douche but
Morgana was constantly saying Ryuji was a moron and basically the dumbest of the group, and I mean constantly. No wonder Ryuji treats him like shit once Futuba is in the group.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh man... Futaba's rank 9
confession was adorable
. I feel bad for turning her down, but Makoto has already stolen my heart.

Frimaire

I'm getting really tired of hearing people talk about how popular the Phantom thieves are getting.
I swear like a third of all the dialogue is some variation of that...

Zyrox

Public execution question:
So what's the probability if getting these public execution exclusive skills? Does the player level matter? Tried this stuff like 30 times now but nothing good showed up. Is this normal or does RNGesus hate me?

So, after about 1.5h of fusing and resetting (reminds me of the good ol SMT days, heh)
I finally got one of those network only abilities. My soul is at rest now.

mike6467

Someone who sympathizes with Morgana tell me
how Ryuji is the one to blame when he was all for going after the new target but Ann and Yusuke weren't but Morgana attacked Ryuji for it.

That was ridiculous.

Well, I mean he is a douche but
Morgana was constantly saying Ryuji was a moron and basically the dumbest of the group, and I mean constantly. No wonder Ryuji treats him like shit once Futuba is in the group.

I don't sympathize with Morgana in the least and am annoyed with several parts of that character for separate reasons. My issue here was that Ryuji
consistently does this when it puts everything and everyone at risk. Every time, he never learns or develops as a person/character. Even though his actions have massive, massive consequences. I'm honestly preparing myself for the next episode's "stupid hothead Ryuji moment" at this point. That point in the current palace where we have to fix something that would have been a complete non-issue had he not opened his mouth, all while he blames everyone but himself. I'd honestly be fine with this whole thing if there was even a bit of introspection, or some tiny effort on his part, but that hasn't happened, and the shtick is getting really old.

MKIL65

I'm getting really tired of hearing people talk about how popular the Phantom thieves are getting.
I swear like a third of all the dialogue is some variation of that...

This is why unsung heroes are always better. I can't comprehend why they took the game in the direction they did.

FluxWaveZ

And why should I care
for an omnipotent being's desire?

You've lost me. I was explaining why they took it in the direction they did. And it's obviously essential to the game as a whole, because the rising popularity of the Phantom Thieves is attached to so much about what the game's about, right down to the ending. It can't be disassociated from what Persona 5 is.

As is the case he first dungeon is always the hardest, second has been a joke so far *second palace spoiler*
and considering you have at least a mandatory 3 trips you can grind like crazy to keep your money and levels up for max efficiency

CSX

i just realized that against one enemy, you can just guard all day long to recover SP when you have all active party members equipped with SP adhesive...

Stalwart

For anybody who's beaten the game and can answer a mechanic question for me:

I hear that maxing Fool grants you bonus EXP for fusions. Surely this means I can wait until Fool maxes out to finish both Strength and the compendium, yes?
Otherwise I don't know why they'd bother putting that in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom