• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Do you mean having a persona when hanging out with a confidant? Than yeah, level doesn't matter.

Exactly that. I knew it didn't in the previous games, but wanted to make sure. Didn't want to waste a ton of money withdrawing from the compendium.

Also, do mementos quest unlock no matter what or do I need to finish the last quest first? I currently have the one that had an anime episode, but I want to let them stack up before going in so I can do them all in one go. Haven't had any new ones in a while though.

I heard there's a trophy for hearing all 250 of Futaba's battle lines. Any way to track what you've heard? Does it carry over through new playthroughs via using clear files? I have a feeling this is going to end up being the one trophy to keep me from platting.

Just got to 10/11.
Hate that old director guy

Who are your favorite personas above 40? I still use shiki ouji up to now actually. I haven't met a foe even boss that can't be dealt with spamming swift strike.

So game just suffered from a glitch where it wouldn't finish the attack animation and the game froze. Had to turn it off and on again to get it to work but apparently the game doesn't auto save and I'm all the way back at the last dungeon boss I fought. Like before the fight even started. I played like, 10 hours worth of this game sense then. I'm pretty pissed.

Just beat the third dungeon finally! Crazy how I feel behind by only playing 40 hours in less than 2 weeks! I wish it ended with an anime cutscene. But the scale of that boss fight was pretty darn cool.

So when I max out a Confidant, I don't technically need to keep a Persona of that alignment on me anymore, correct?

No definitely not.

Does the game eventually 'open up', like you can use your time explore places? I'm still early on and so far it's been restricted somewhat.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does the game eventually 'open up', like you can use your time explore places? I'm still early on and so far it's been restricted somewhat.

some months are more restrictive than others. But, I mean... its still only 1 action per day (or 1 action during the day, 1 at night at most) like the previous games.

DJChuy

Goddamn, Shiki-Ouji is the gift that keeps on giving. Block phys is so useful at this stage, normal feels like ez mode. Might have to up the difficulty to compensate.

He's my favorite to use atm. Dat feel when you can go through boss/forced battles without getting damaged.

zulux21

Has anyone bought the Personas DLC (Orpheus and Izanagi)? it is worth it?

I bought them because atlus deserved more money for this game than I paid.

on one hand Izanagi is a badass and Orpheus has a nifty skill for his level.
on the other hand while they have strong skills for their levels they aren't really duper super strong (yeah I needed the duper as some of their skills that early can make for some super combos) or anything so it's really your call.

If they interest you at the very least they are far more useful than the versions in the games they are from lol.

for the record though if you are past level 20-30 they likely won't do you a lot of good unless you want to spend a lot of time leveling

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The best party composition is MC, Morgana, Makoto and Haru. As much as I liked Yusuke, Haru is more useful and hits hard too.

Need help with Moon Arcana final ranking, cutting it very close and I don't want to screw this up

Request side mission question for December:
The last mission from mishima, "The Head Honcho in Showbiz", do I have to the previous mission first before Mishima gives it to me? I was hoping to stack them and do both at once

A.J.

Banned
The best party composition is MC, Morgana, Makoto and Haru. As much as I liked Yusuke, Haru is more useful and hits hard too.

That was my line up too. Mostly because I didn't have any demons with mass psi skills and Haru also had One Shot Kill. Morgana and Makoto were good for alternating healing.

anddo0

How long did it take you guys to reach the 3rd dungeon'?
At my current rate this game will take me 200 hours (not in a good way).. 65ish hours in not counting sitting time, 3rd target has yet to be revealed.

Is there a way for conversations to auto play?

zulux21

He's my favorite to use atm. Dat feel when you can go through boss/forced battles without getting damaged.

I made mine a boosted healer because I could lol.

though izanagi gets
physical immunity
as a skill so he is also pretty good at just sitting there and taking it like a boss.

LiK

Hell yes, got the Passionate Listener trophy without even trying that much. NG+ should less of a hassle for Plat. Win.

StoneFox

At my current rate this game will take me 200 hours (not in a good way)

In the settings, there is an auto-advance option you can toggle. It only applies to fully-voiced scenes though, anything that had no voice acting well still have to be manually button pressed through.

Concluded the first chapter after beating the boss. Could I have changed the conclusion of that boss?

Anyway, it took me 8 hours, but Im in love. I very much enjoyed the dungeon, enjoyed the boss, and enjoyed the things in between to get to it immensely. Didnt touch much of the school life or exploration but Im so excited for it.

Liking my characters, and liking the immense seeming world where I can do all kinds of stuff

Wonder how much bigger the story gets

Do most of u like persona 4? I hope it gets ported now because I love the idea of a murder mystery

The companions have all been useful in their own way so far, up to the end of Palace 3 at least. It's not like P4 or P3 where you can cover the entire elemental spectrum easily, which I'm really liking. The whole focus on status effects and technicals is also a nice addition.

It's really awesome how much of a step up it is mechanically. I was expecting another streamlining after playing P3P and P4G...

So game just suffered from a glitch where it wouldn't finish the attack animation and the game froze. Had to turn it off and on again to get it to work but apparently the game doesn't auto save and I'm all the way back at the last dungeon boss I fought. Like before the fight even started. I played like, 10 hours worth of this game sense then. I'm pretty pissed.

I'm genuinely really sorry to hear that, I know how much that sucks, seriously. But I have to ask... why weren't you saving? The game couldn't be more clear about the fact that there's no autosave. I'm pretty sure It explains it twice and then follows up with, "Again, I have to emphasize, there is no autosave."

I heard there's a trophy for hearing all 250 of Futaba's battle lines. Any way to track what you've heard? Does it carry over through new playthroughs via using clear files? I have a feeling this is going to end up being the one trophy to keep me from platting.

Dunno about the latter, but I don't believe there's a way to track how many lines you've heard. Or at least, I tried looking for one and couldn't find any stat screen for it.

Do most of u like persona 4? I hope it gets ported now because I love the idea of a murder mystery

I'd wager most people in this thread like Persona 4, yes. Between the Giant Bomb endurance run and the game's higher profile in general, plus re-releases and spin-offs, Persona 4 is probably where a lot of people were first introduced to the series. And yeah, it's definitely worth going back and playing it if you end up liking Persona 5.

Wow, Bullet Hail activates like 1 out of 4 or 5 fights and takes all the enemies to half life. It is proving much more useful than I thought.

Huh. Maybe I actually should upgrade my guns. I assumed, based on the damage readouts stopping well before the animation does and the last number being smaller than the others, that Bullet Hail was capped to a certain percentage of health. It definitely wasn't 50% for me.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'd argue Yusuke+Makoto+Ryuji. Those buffs do so much and Yusuke/Ryuji do huge damage and Makoto has them heals.

That's my usual party. I sometimes swap Yusuke or Makoto for Ann for attack debuff/fire. Just got Haru and don't really know where to fit her in.

I never use Morgana though.

Brine

At my current rate this game will take me 200 hours (not in a good way).. 65ish hours in not counting sitting time, 3rd target has yet to be revealed.

How did you do this? Were you idling or grinding a lot? I don't get it especially that early in the game where you can hardly do anything.

LiK

That's my usual party. I sometimes swap Yusuke or Makoto for Ann for attack debuff/fire. Just got Haru and don't really know where to fit her in.

Haru is super useful especially against many later enemies who are weak against her magic. I have her in my party pretty often.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'm not that far yet. I'm currently using MC, Makoto, Ann, and Morgana. I'm at a point where I'm definitely starting to see Ann's limitations, though.
She's good early on, but I'd replace as soon as I get Haru.

That was my line up too. Mostly because I didn't have any demons with mass psi skills and Haru also had One Shot Kill. Morgana and Makoto were good for alternating healing.
Same reason I used Haru too. Wrecks angels.

I'd argue Yusuke+Makoto+Ryuji. Those buffs do so much and Yusuke/Ryuji do huge damage and Makoto has them heals.
Late game Makoto will run out of SP fast because her major nuke skills consumes a lot so I wouldn't give her the sole healing role. There are way too many bullshit enemies later on.

Xeteh

Haru would be in my party 24/7 but the reflect spells just don't feel very useful and her lacking a buff is frustrating. Her One Shot Kill is so good, though.

Huh. Maybe I actually should upgrade my guns. I assumed, based on the damage readouts stopping well before the animation does and the last number being smaller than the others, that Bullet Hail was capped to a certain percentage of health. It definitely wasn't 50% for me.

I have no idea what affects the damage, but on Palace 6 it is most definitely like half their life. Like, it even activates on minibosses and does that much damage which makes most of them a joke.

Papercuts

Haru is super useful especially against many later enemies who are weak against her magic. I have her in my party pretty often.

Yeah the AoE is nice, I've always had some Psy with the MC but that's the first AoE one I have.

My problem right now is her confidant stuff since I maxed a few other members actually makes a pretty big difference. Still need to clear this dungeon to even get Baton Pass which hurts a lot early on.

TheFatMan

Damn dude that sucks really hard. I feel for you.

That said, I've seen this stated in this thread a hundred times now but you should be saving every day that you are allowed to. The game is pretty clear about the fact it doesn't auto-save on several occasions at the start.

LiK

Yeah the AoE is nice, I've always had some Psy with the MC but that's the first AoE one I have.

My problem right now is her confidant stuff since I maxed a few other members actually makes a pretty big difference. Still need to clear this dungeon to even get Baton Pass which hurts a lot early on.

I'm like level 1 with her. I think I screwed up knowing how to rank her up. Gonna just do it in NG+. I'm near the end.

mileS

I just started the second palace but I can't find or fuse a Sun Persona for the life of me... any advice? I'd really like one asap

Papercuts

Morgana gets a slot in my party because healers usually get slots in my party.

my party right now is makoto, morgana, and ann with the other two being rarely used.

I usually feel like this in RPGs but I haven't felt the lack of a dedicated healer here, Makoto has been covering well enough and you can even baton pass to the MC for a boosted heal since he can cover roles when needed. Worst case there's a bunch of items in a pinch piling up too.

I have no idea what affects the damage, but on Palace 6 it is most definitely like half their life. Like, it even activates on minibosses and does that much damage which makes most of them a joke.

Yeah, definitely no more than 15-20% on any encounter I've had in 6 or 7. But I'm also the person who stopped upgrading guns really early in the game because the limited ammo made it seem like they were only ever going to be useful for crits, so I prioritized accuracy over damage and then stopped caring.

Re: party comp. I usually run Morgana and Makoto, and then the third spot rotates between everyone not named Ryuji (no reason, just noticed I haven't used him in a long time). Usually I try to cover as many elemental weaknesses as possible with the rest of my party in order to save SP on protag; by end-game even the SP accessories start to wane in effectiveness.
Futaba's SP regen EX and Haru's vegetables will hopefully help with that, but I think I might be at the end of the game already so who knows.
Morgana's great because a) heals and clearing status ailments, b) garu skills take less SP for some reason, and c) Miracle Punch.

Kyrios

The 5th palace theme

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom