• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People on r/Xbox report being able to play online without Gold

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wow. The rumours are true?!?!?

No wonder MS didn't care about Gold subbers for the past year doing GPU top ups for $1.

They just wanted some people getting in early. And a year ago, people were thinking it was a glitch allowing people to bork the system with 3 years of GPU for $1. Planned long term subbing tactic the whole time..

Last edited:

qiqiqiiq

They said they weren't planning to get rid of xbox live gold, so does that mean that gamepass is going to become now a part of what paying for gold offers?

giphy.gif

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Bloody hell i bought a 12 month code late last night for £40 but never mind i bought Gamepass for £10.99 and its converted the lot to Gamepass until October 2021 with the extra month you get free when you leave on auto renewal.
Great news for everyone though 👍

Jason28

Has a tiny dick and smaller e-peen
Ok, we know that free online works on all types of games. Does free online work without any GP subscription ?

-Arcadia-

Banned
Well, if this is genuine, and it appears to be.

Shots fired.

It can't be understated what a big deal this is, both relative to the ongoing competition, and console online in general.

As someone who actually freaking smoldered for years that console warriors, and consumers that refused to stand up for themselves, led us all to mandatory paid online, this is absolutely wonderful, and I never, ever, thought there was a chance of it happening.

This is why competition is so important. They'll never act in your best interest, but theirs? Absolutely.

Shambala

Why would they trade their Gold revenue because of one State of Play? I don’t understand.
It’s a game of chess. Maybe gold sub numbers were going down while gamepass subs r rising. To get some good pr why not do it on the same day as your competitors event to get more people interested in your eco system.l 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Could it be a glitch?. I find it hard to believe they would do this without telling people, and have people signing up for Live and wasting money.

I guess they could announce it and convert all those to GamePass? The 12 month wasn't even an option anymore, so it shouldn't be too much of an ask.

Well, if this is genuine, and it appears to be.

Shots fired.

It can't be understated what a big deal this is, both relative to the ongoing competition, and console online in general.

As someone who actually freaking smoldered for years that console warriors, and consumers that refused to stand up for themselves, led us all to mandatory paid online, this is absolutely wonderful, and I never, ever, thought there was a chance of it happening.

This is why competition is so important. They'll never act in your best interest, but theirs? Absolutely.
Amen.

THEAP99

Banned
Sounds like a marketing ploy.

Sony State of Play is today (Thursday) at 4 pm est.

Get some buzz going and drop the news at 9 am. No time for Sony to react for their 4 pm show.
Sony already told us ahead of time to not expect anything big from the state of play. So I don't know why that'd be so important?

Unless MS caught wind of a big surprise bomb sony are dropping

Top Bottom