• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On the PS2, were you Team Jak and Daxter or Team Ratchet and Clank?

Team Jak and Daxter or Team Ratchet and Clank on PS2?

• Team Jak and Daxter

Votes: 95 55.2%
  • Team Ratchet and Clank

Votes: 77 44.8%

• Total voters

Neolombax

I enjoyed them all. But I'm leaning towards R&C. Will always be. The weapons in R&C were always a treat to play with in each installment. Into the Nexus and All-4-One were the only R&C games that I did not play because my PS3 died due to YLOD.

NahaNago

I'm team Jak and Daxter. Jak and daxter just had far more personality than ratchet and clank. I even liked the edgy jak and daxter 3 game. Ratchet and Clank are good games I'm just not a fan of the characters.

Last edited:

Duchess

Loved both, and would love a new Jak and Daxter game. Naughty Dog should seriously consider it, to do something lighter in tone.

TLZ

Banned
Funny thing, I never played them on the PS2, even though I played a lot of other games. I didn't know they existed til the PS3 basically.

SCB3

Ratchet and Clank for sure, Jak 2 was good, Jak and 3 were decent but not as good as 2

Though if I'm being honest, Crash Bandicoot and Sonic are still my favs

Yoboman

Jak and Daxter is one of the GOAT platformers

No Ratchet game comes close

I was also all about that Jak doing open world and edgy being a young teen who had just played GTA

At the same time as I get why everyone else hated it, the teenage me thought it was amazing and there really wasn't much else in the open world genre besides GTA at the time so it got some points for scratching that itch

clem84

Gold Member
Basically the 4 R&C PS2 games vs. the 4 Jak games? Yeah, R&C any day.

R&C always delivered in the gameplay department. There was a lot to collect and do, and there were incentives to replaying the games. Some of those arena challenges were also very challenging. I've also always loved the humor in R&C games. It gets my vote.

IKSTUGA

I was a rabid PS hater at the time, so neither, lol. Nowadays, I would obviously be on team Ratchet, because Jak is deader than dead.

Soodanim

I owned Jak & Daxter for a day. Was an average platformer. Nothing special. Took it back after finishing 40% of it in a couple of hours, the first time I ever did that.

Ratchet & Clank, though? Amazing. Consistently fun, and I got hundreds of hours out of them. Used to play through challenge mode in 2 as relaxation time. That game is an old friend.

Kokoloko85

Team Jak n Daxter.
Started playing Ratchet and Clank on the PS3 and enjoyed them more and more

Wish Jak n Daxter makes a comeback with a mixture of The Precursor Legacy and Jak N Daxter 2&3 gameplay.

Plus Bring back Sly Cooper

martino

Jak and daxter (but one only). it could have become a solid platform license if they had push it more in that direction but they didn't.
I like ratchet too but more as a pop corn filler gap licence

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I only played Jak and Daxter during the PS2 era and only started playing Ratchet just this year (through the free 2016 version). So I’m a mix of both but leaning towards Ratchet.

acm2000

team haven.

but j&d is much better than r&c, honestly no idea how that series has spawned so many sequels outside of its very pretty graphics it has nothing.

LRKD

Team Ratchet. The first R&C is one of my favorite games of all time, still regularly replay it. The PS2 ratchet & Clank games are top tier. Jak & Dax 1 is also one of the best games on the PS2, and it released really close to launch. I didn't care for the change in direction they took afterwards, but they were still somewhat fun to play. Ratchet & Clank should've died on the PS2 like Jak though, post PS2 their games have all sucked.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I enjoyed both series. The Ratchet series have always been great. Jak and Daxter was fun, Jak 2 was a bastard lol, and Jak 3 was great too. I re-played the Jak series when they brought them back (PS3 i think?) and i platinumed all 3. Jak 2 was still harder than the other 2, but not as hard as i remembered. Ratchet has been around all this time and still is, i think Jak and Daxter needs to finally come back too.

Top Bottom