• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2011 Week 16 |OT| Revenge of the Sh*ts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Possible candidates to be flexed into SNF for Week 17

Dallas @ NY Giants
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Kansas City @ Denver
San Diego @ Oakland
Detroit @ Green Bay
Seattle @ Arizona
smug.gif

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
it's gotta be a game that's meaningful for both teams, top two games seem like the safest choices.

Um yeah...

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2011/12/coughlin-doesnt-approve-of-rolle-call

TE Jake Ballard suffered a knee injury on Sunday that will apparently keep him out of the Giants-Jets game on Saturday and may force him to miss the rest of the season, too. Coughlin was vague on the timeline to recover for what he said was an aggravation of an old PCL injury, but when asked if it’s season-ending, he first answered “I don’t know,” before changing his tune.

“I’m hoping it’s not a season-ender,” he said. “No, it’s not one of those. It depends on how fast the knee will come around. We’re just going to have to wait and see.

“We hesitate to say if he’s out and how long he’s out or anything like that. I would think at this point he’s going to miss some time.”

harSon

Banned
Will Ben be off for the next game or both of the remaining games? I imagine his leg hurts pretty bad today. It seems to me the best idea is to let him heal as much as possible before the playoffs.

There's absolutely no reason to play Ben next week. While Ben is a huge part of our success when he's healthy, if our running game and defense can't pick up the slack enough for us to beat the lowly Rams, than we don't deserve to be in the Playoffs.

I doubt the Browns beat the Ravens, so the Steelers will have a tough decision to make the last game of the season. Play all of your starters and risk the chance of winning for nothing, or rest them (at least the injured ones) and be content with the 5th seed. That's a pretty tough decision IMO, it'd be tragic if were to take the latter stance and lose, and than the Ravens subsequently lost as well.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm generally pessimistic, but after they shit the bed in Kansas City and will probably have to win to secure home field, this one is going to be a fucking blow out.

If anything because everyone in the media is jumping off the Packers bandwagon. Rodgers just got another chip on his shoulder!

Possible candidates to be flexed into SNF for Week 17

Dallas @ NY Giants
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Kansas City @ Denver
San Diego @ Oakland
Detroit @ Green Bay
Seattle @ Arizona
smug.gif

My god it would be so fucked up if the league flexs the Dallas @ Giants game and it winds up fucking the Eagles out of the playoffs.

Giants win this weekend Eagles are Eliminated from the playoffs.....so you don't have to worry about Week 17th...

Right but if the Giants lose and week 17 matters, it would suck if they flexed that game. Giants would then know if they were eliminated before that game started.

Right but if the Giants lose and week 17 matters, it would suck if they flexed that game. Giants would then know if they were eliminated before that game started.

Don't forget you can be Eliminated by the Cowboys also, but i see what you are saying you have to wait until 11:30pm to see if the Eagles made the playoffs...

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Giants would still play to win in week 17 even if they've been eliminated.

Kosmo

Banned
When does it have to be decided? That GB - DET game is huge if the Bears win this week.

The 49ers winning essentially eliminated that possibility. Hopefully they will go in and take care of Seattle, then the Pack will still have something to play for and crush the Bears.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I don't think the Giants win this week. They are not so good against defenses that aren't among the worst in the league. At the end of the day, yes the Skins started the game at 6/9 3rd down conversion rate but the Giants D did:

300 total yards allowed
3.1 YPC allowed
2 interceptions
4 TFLs
8 QB Hits
1 sack

Those are unspectacular but solid numbers. It's the offense that has shat the bed more often than the defense this season - stringing the D out to dry.

Giants would still play to win in week 17 even if they've been eliminated.

I think Giants and Cowboys are pretty closely matched this year. If one team had something to play for and the other didnt, I thinkit would be a blowout. Hopefully it wont come to that because the league decides to not flex that game.

Rodgers looked hella pissed on that last drive where he scored himself.

Also what's the chances we see Jermichael Finley become complete decoy and never get targeted?

yacobod

Banned
postmortem on the bears season, its unfortunare that injuries, bad coaching, and an incompetent front office wasted another season. Maybe ja can draft another ol guy with an injury history. Bear jew having surgery again so add another 4 to 5 months rehab. Defense is another yr older, i think the window might be closed on this team.

I forgot to mention now awful that ESPN Deportes dude was last night. I mean, I know ESPN's standards are lower than the deepest ocean floor, but he was even worse than those.

verbum

About the power outage last night:
Joe Molica, a spokesman for Pacific Gas & Electric Co. said the power company was still investigating the cause of the outage.

"So far I don't know what the cause is," Molica said. "We do know that Candlestick was the only customer affected by this outage."

Molica said PG&E and park authorities had made all the routine checks earlier in the day and that all systems appeared to be in order.

He said the stadium was back up on full power and multiple crews went to Candlestick to investigate.

Monday marked San Francisco's biggest home game since their last trip to the playoffs in January 2003, when the Niners came from behind to stun the New York Giants 39-38 in one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history.

San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee said city workers worked with PG&E officials to restore power to the stadium and he has called for an investigation "to prevent incidents such as this from happening again."

Anyone think it was Raiders fans?

Fuck the Browns.

Blame your shithole offensive line/stupid linebacker, not us.

If our coach had half a brain we wouldve beaten you last week. You should be happy we gifted you another win. Have no idea how that team has won 10 games this year. And really have no idea how they beat the Pats either. Thats the only good team theyve beaten all year. Instead of hating us, be thankful for the easy schedule as thats the only reason youre even in the playoffs.

Just started a petition to change our name to the Cleveland Schadenfreudes.

bob_arctor said:
damn, that's huge, not only for you guys moving forward but also because we can't cover TE's for shit.
The best part is that we could literally have no tight ends at the moment. Vagina Beckum has a chest injury that kept him out of last weeks game. Ballard has the PCL and Pascoe has a rib injury which is being looked at this week.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
So the 49ers are 11-3 with any QB?

No. The key is turnover ratio, if Smith was throwing interception right and left like he was in previous years they would not even finish 8-8. The take t he ball away and they turn it into points (mostly 3s).

Let's go Niners! FMT's rant lmao.

Also, my dad might be going in for surgery on Monday, so Packers better win so he won't be all salty before he goes in.

No. The key is turnover ratio, if Smith was throwing interception right and left like he was in previous years they would not even finish 8-8. The take t he ball away and they turn it into points (mostly 3s).

Tebow would be a great QB for the 49ers?

Super bowl super bowl super bowl

I would just like to thank the Steelers and the Ravens for not taking care of business and allowing the Texans to continue to have a shot at a bye. Awfully considerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom