• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 NFL Draft: Zoom Meeting Edition

Ok, we get Cushenberry with our second pick in the third round, we have one more pick in R3. Things shaping up better after the oddball Hamler pick, Cush is our starting center day one. The CB (I cant spell his name) will hopefully matchup in dime and nickel packages

we pick again in 12 turns, maybe inside linebacker? Another CB?

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Raiders going all in on getting Carr weapons. Can’t complain as have to be able to put up
points to compete with the Chiefs in the AFC west. Hope they get a decent LB at 100.

Agim has 7 sacks last season, always good to have interior pass rush. Not what I would have done but not a bad pick.

Interesting day for Denver

Wonder how long Jake Fromm stays on the board

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Hah, the guys I'm listening to on the radio have done a complete 180 since the second round draft pick. They were bitching all the way into the third round once the Broncos picked the Center.

I like the Tanner Muse pick for the Raiders, he can cover TEs really well. Will be getting to know Kelce, Henry, and Fant twice a year

Last edited:
Pats must really not be high on the QBs in this class. I’m fascinated by what their plan is. Maybe they try to trade for a vet, or sign one of the vets available to a one year deal

Moogle11

Banned
As I said above, my inkling is the Pate just like they see in Stidham.

Pretty happy wit the Raiders draft so far. 3 WRs to add to Williams, Renfrow and Waller gives a lot of competition to find the best weapons for Carr. Filled needs at CB and Safety. Trade with the Pats four is another 5th round pick and Mayock is really good at finding guys in the 4th and 5th. Like Maxx Crosby last year.

Moogle11

Banned
Just read that the Raiders plan to use Muse at LB and special teams rather than safety. That makes since, and hopefully he has the ability to play some safety for depth purposes.

Interesting, we get one of Drew Lock’s old favorite targets at Missouri. Would have liked a linebacker there but if we are trying to make Drew Lock more comfortable with this draft I get it

So, with 6 picks in the books already, I think Elway has told us how he feels:

A.) he’s happier with our left and right tackle than we are (did nothing to address either position), makes me wonder if they are going to pick up Bolles’ 5th year option (please dear god no).

B.) this draft was all about Drew Lock, and all about speed to compete with Kansas City. Jeudy is best WR in draft, Hamler is one of the fastest players in draft, Cush is our starting center, and this TE (I cant spell his name) is a burner for the position, end zone target who can run, 4.49 time in the combine 40

For better or worse we are stuck with Bolles and James at tackle this year and our inside linebackers seem to be set in stone as we, though I had hoped for an upgrade in both spots

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

A.) he’s happier with our left and right tackle than we are (did nothing to address either position), makes me wonder if they are going to pick up Bolles’ 5th year option (please dear god no).

B.) this draft was all about Drew Lock, and all about speed to compete with Kansas City. Jeudy is best WR in draft, Hamler is one of the fastest players in draft, Cush is our starting center, and this TE (I cant spell his name) is a burner for the position, end zone target who can run, 4.49 time in the combine 40

For better or worse we are stuck with Bolles and James at tackle this year and our inside linebackers seem to be set in stone as we, though I had hoped for an upgrade in both spots
I have no idea about what happened to James last year. The media was raking him over the coals while in separate stories that weren't about him some former players said that they themselves wished that they would have stayed on the sidelines until they were fully healed.

Bolles just irritates me, but people say that he improved in the back half of last season. Still didn't stop him from having the most holding calls in the league and now we're changing OC's for this year. I want someone in the wings waiting so they can bench his butt if he even slightly resembles what we was last year.

On that note, I'm slightly surprised that they picked a TE in the fourth. I'm guessing that they're not confident in Butt's knees whatsoever which is such a shame. Austin Fort also showed a lot of potential last pre-season until he tore his ACL as well.

Moogle11

Banned

Yep. It’s clear the Raiders and Broncos are all about adding weapons and speed on offense to compete with KC. Makes sine as they’re relatively young and going to be good for a while and we just saw them beat a defense and running game dominated team in the super bowl.

NFL is moving to be more like college where you have to be able to score a bunch to win championships in recent years.

Vikings just got a sleeper in LB Troy Dye from Oregon, he’s who I hoped Broncos picked earlier this round. Watched him at Oregon, hard to miss with that cast on his hand. Dude balled out. Might end up being a steal

Edit

Ive never heard of this FIU QB that NYJ took, I kinda feel bad for Jake Fromm at this point

Last edited:
This Baylor DT had 13.5 sacks last season and went in the 4th? I understand that his measurables aren’t impressive but how do you argue with that production? Seems like a steal

Moogle11

Banned
Great draft again by the Raiders. Filled all the holes that needed filled with what look like great players for the pick with only Arnette being a bit of a reach (which is moot if he successfully fills that roster gap).

Should be set to start winning more and able to do more drafting of best available rather than filling a bunch of holes the next few drafts.

I absolutely LOVE the draft Indy is having. Pittman and Taylor are absolutely bonkers value for second round picks and I wanted Eason with one of our second rounders, so getting him in the 4th is just crazy. The arm strength is for real and maybe he busts, but for a 4th? Great stuff.

Really, really hope this team stays healthy.

Thinking about our KJ Hamler pick more, watching more film on the guy

I think he’s the kind of player that has only two possible polar opposite outcomes:

He either blossoms into a Tyreek Hill level game changer or flames out as just another small really fast guy who can’t catch

guess we will see

So as the draft wraps up, I am left feeling kinda “meh.”

Surprised we only took one CB and no tackles

Jeudy is a star. That’s gonna be awesome with him and Court. Hamler is a big boom or bust coin flip. We helped out our interior o-line and interior d-line at least.

I still see us finishing 3rd in the division and missing the playoff again

Watching some Eason videos and I can't believe he was there in the 4th round. He must be a serious dickhead to drop that far, because that arm is legit. The game is raw, but it's not broken. I love this pick.

Moogle11

Banned
Just announced on Sportscenter that the Bengals are releasing Andy Dalton. Adam Schefter says that Joe Burrow has been learning the playbook for a while before the draft and plan is to start him. Apparently they didn’t get any good trade offers for Dalton.

Top Bottom