• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL '23/'24 |OT| Bradyless Edition

Who will win Super Bowl LVIII

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Cincinnati Bengals

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Baltimore Ravens

• Jacksonville Jaguars

• New York Jets

• Detroit Lions

• Los Angeles Chargers

• Seattle Seahawks

• Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Minnesota Vikings

• New Orleans Saints

• Atlanta Falcons

• Cleveland Browns

• New York Giants

• Denver Broncos

• Green Bay Packers

• Tennessee Titans

• New England Patriots

• Carolina Panthers

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I gambled, that is where my money would have gone to. Kelce on one Knee at the 50 yard line.
Bookies made so much money off that shit.
Happy that I took most points in 4th quarter and nothing else.

Even though it was no offensive firework like the last SB and a pretty slow first half, this was still a pretty entertaining one.
Still heartbroken for Purdy tbh.

Mesousa

Banned
Bookies made so much money off that shit.
Happy that I took most points in 4th quarter and nothing else.

Even though it was no offensive firework like the last SB and a pretty slow first half, this was still a pretty entertaining one.
Still heartbroken for Purdy tbh.
Purdy is about to get paid. He should get whatever Kittle was going to get paid for this game tonight too.

Even worse than the Taylor Swift nonsense is that this mf gets to celebrate again:

TikTok-star-Jackson-Mahomes-responds-to-backlash-for-viral-dance-video.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don’t who they were but when Mahomes was holding the trophy there were some hot blondes on stage.

in the press box that tall blonde with hair like shakira in the white top and pink pants was banging too. She stood beside Taylor swift all game.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Actually won $600. One of my coworkers said 49ers. So me and other coworker bet him $100 each and he lost, lol.
I dont know anything about football, but all I know is KC at +110 Moneyline seemed juicy. Everyone at the office agreed. I don’t think anyone wanted to take SF at around -115 or -120.

Your bet reminds e of my brother long time ago where he made $50 from a coworker bet. He doesn't follow NFL either, but everyone knows SF was a good team in the 90s. He laughed because a guy at work went around the office proactively taking $50 bets SD would win from anyone who'd bet against him. I wonder how much he lost. lol

Last edited:
I don’t who they were but when Mahomes was holding the trophy there were some hot blondes on stage.

in the press box that tall blonde with hair like shakira in the white top and pink pants was banging too. She stood beside Taylor swift all game.
Thats ryan reynolds wife - blake lively. Long time best friends with taylor swift.

Duh

dave_d

Wow, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Mahomes ends up with a perfect season. Well except actually winning the Super Bowl at the end.

demigod

Brittany Mahomes?

Ahh nope. ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion is correct. Blake Lively.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Brittany Mahomes?
Could had been. One blonde was hard to see on stage as she was at the back. On the right side of the TV coverage there was a milf dolled up blonde too. I thought mayb Andy reid's wife, but I googled it and that wasnt her.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
That happened pretty early so we can't really know what would have happened. We do know they were outcoached on the margins that is where the game was decided.
I don't know about all that "outcoaching" stuff.

Deebo and Kittle played very little in the 2nd half. The 49ers lost the (flukey) turnover battle. This game could have easily gone the other way so the coaching stuff feels like a generic sports platitude that I don't particularly buy.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Even though it was a low scoring close game, the way SF and KC were playing in the first half I thought SF would eventually break it open as KC looked like dogshit. Complete opposite second half.

One thin I like about football is late in the game and the losing team goes fast trying to score. It sure seems to work pretty well. It's one of those things.... if they played like this all game they'd win for sure.

it's like hockey. Never mind pulling the goalie for an extra skater which is unfair like a PP, but if a team is losing in the third period they go extra hard crash and banging trying to tie it. If they played balls deep from the first period, they;'d dominate.

Oh well, thats sports I guess. Cant go balls to the wall 100% of the time.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I don't know about all that "outcoaching" stuff.

Deebo and Kittle played very little in the 2nd half. The 49ers lost the (flukey) turnover battle. This game could have easily gone the other way so the coaching stuff feels like a generic sports platitude that I don't particularly buy.
I agree for the most-part but the overall play-calling was lacking in the 2nd half (how about running the ball and having quick pass plays?) and choosing to go first in overtime which is a billion % not what you want to do - it is a HUGE advantage to know what you need.

Toons

Awww. I'm sure Taylor 's publicity team is extremely happy her latest promotional synergistic relationship person boyfriend has won another Superbowl.

I mean, the NFL is the beneficiary if anyone, not her. That much has been established already. She doesn't need nfl numbers. She already beats those numbers on her own.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I agree for the most-part but the overall play-calling was lacking in the 2nd half (how about running the ball and having quick pass plays?) and choosing to go first in overtime which is a billion % not what you want to do - it is a HUGE advantage to know what you need.

If both teams score field goals (or touchdowns) on their first possession, doesn't the team who recieved the ball first win if they score points on their 2nd posession?

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Back from the bar. Oh boy there were some ANGRY old people tonight lol

Between Taylor Swift being shown and the Chiefs finally pulling it off I don't think I've heard so much salt in a single room in all my life.

Go Chiefs 👑

Kelce basically assaults his coach because he was upset and then gets celebrated postgame. What a world we are living in.
Andy Reid didn't even care. He talked about it post game and shrugged it off while backing up Kelce. He said he gets Kelce better than any other player and that he knows he wants to be out there.
Also maybe a slight orange/red flag for Taylor. You hit someone you really respected and screamed in their face when you relied on them for your job? Hmmmm.
Dude you are fucking REACHING. God damn this game really had people in their feelings tonight.

That how you know it was a good one. What a super bowl!

Last edited:

Dural

We all know he has nothing to do with his twitter account.

Can someone explain to me why wanting the 49's to win last night makes you maga? I couldn't stand the chiefs before the Swiftys got involved.

Yeah, I don't get that. SF is the most left city in the USA while KC is the middle of fly over country.

I have family in KC, really wanted them to lose.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
We all know he has nothing to do with his twitter account.

Can someone explain to me why wanting the 49's to win last night makes you maga? I couldn't stand the chiefs before the Swiftys got involved.
Yeah, I don't get that. SF is the most left city in the USA while KC is the middle of fly over country.

I have family in KC, really wanted them to lose.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
This is right.

Incorrect
Yeah I read the prior comment incorrectly - it does end if they score on the 2nd possession. Still a huge mistake not to defer as it is always better to know what you need. I don't buy that the defense needed a break (something being floated out there but Kyle didn't bring that up at all).

Top Bottom