• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My last 12 threads are boring, and after that? A ban?

do you like this slow boring start?

• Total voters

Bernoulli

M2 slut
God Of War Ps5 GIF by PlayStation

i'm very very happy to announce that i just signed a 10 years deal with the great partners at Microsoft,
thank you adamsapple adamsapple for talking to our king spencer
when we all post we all win 💚💚💚
pW8TEm6.jpg

DJ12

Someone fire up the golden shower, we'll be live soon.

golden shower pee on trump GIF by Jess Mac

As for the vote, got to be a ban, shameless shilling.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
I think it really comes down to what you expected going into the game. If you expected something like Fallout in space, that's pretty much what you got and you're happy. If you expected something like NMS or Star Citizen that is not what you got. Sprinkle in some anti-woke and ps5 gate crashers and the response to the game is all over the place and quite a mess right now.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
This is why I love it. They finally went back to Morrowind style design instead of making it more casual. They just let you find shit and don't guide you at all. Not even a city map. It's amazing. Morrowind also starts slow.

I didn't click with Oblivion, or Skyrim that much comparatively.
How those blue icons don't guide you???

Punished Miku

Gold Member
How those blue icons don't guide you???
It's there if you manually turn them on.

The game is so large it's not surprising to have some markers. But then once you arrive in any handcrafted areas you have no maps and still get the sensation of learning your way around organically. It's a mixture.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
It's there if you manually turn them on.

The game is so large it's not surprising to have some markers. But then once you arrive in any handcrafted areas you have no maps and still get the sensation of learning your way around organically. It's a mixture.
Manually turn on? I didn't turn anything on and it is there for me. Where can I turn on/off?

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Manually turn on? I didn't turn anything on and it is there for me. Where can I turn on/off?
Missions tab. It just shows the next objective on any mission. Most of the time I've been looking all over for the things not related at all to the mission I'm on. I'm just doing my own thing.

That is what everyone agrees with.Early hours are boring as hell.
The game picks up the pace after that. Its mainly due to limited option that you can do during that time.

Bethesda fumbled the bag hard with this game. I cant even defend their shit, even though I was excited for this game.

At this point, its waiting time for mods.
I don't agree so by my limited mathematical skills that's not everyone.

Fabieter

K' Dash

Never seen anything like it ever in my 35+ years of games lol

And these are grown adults having the bitch fits which makes it even more awkward and embarrassing.

Well maybe not "grown" per say..

I guess you were not around here when FFXIII got announced for Xbox 360.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
This is why I love it. They finally went back to Morrowind style design instead of making it more casual. They just let you find shit and don't guide you at all. Not even a city map. It's amazing. Morrowind also starts slow.

I didn't click with Oblivion, or Skyrim that much comparatively.
The lack of a map is one thing I'm not loving. But other than that the game is great.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The lack of a map is one thing I'm not loving. But other than that the game is great.
I think anything at this scale will have a few fetch like quests and things of that nature. But my argument for it goes like this. Need to go to the clinic because you're sick and you want medicine? Well hmm. Probably New Atlantis, let's start at the Commercial District. Gotta be somewhere, let's look around. You find multiple things you didn't intend to first, then finally find it. You realize it's a right turn after the fountain or whatever.

Boom, you're immersed in actually being in the city. That's how it works. I know the Lodge is a right turn after exiting the train under MAST, but not too hard right as you'll wind up in the residential district. Right but cut through the park. I'm in the game world and I actually remember and appreciate the city now. Makes going from thing to thing for quests more fun and rewarding.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I think anything at this scale will have a few fetch like quests and things of that nature. But my argument for it goes like this. Need to go to the clinic because you're sick and you want medicine? Well hmm. Probably New Atlantis, let's start at the Commercial District. Gotta be somewhere, let's look around. You find multiple things you didn't intend to first, then finally find it. You realize it's a right turn after the fountain or whatever.

Boom, you're immersed in actually being in the city. That's how it works. I know the Lodge is a right turn after exiting the train under MAST, but not too hard right as you'll wind up in the residential district. Right but cut through the park. I'm in the game world and I actually remember and appreciate the city now. Makes going from thing to thing for quests more fun and rewarding.
When I do have a map I still get lost.:messenger_loudly_crying:

> Be me
> Peeing blood and in agony
> No map
> NPCs won't direct me
> Slowly die on floor not knowing medic was just around the corner

I need map bro

Punished Miku

Gold Member
When I do have a map I still get lost.:messenger_loudly_crying:
You just have to start mentally applying thought to noting where things are. Whetstone is next to SSN which is in the Valberg Building. I somehow have the memorized because I had to look all over to find it, and the SSN landmark was my anchor lol. Look for large objects and chart a path and just mentally note it and you'll get it. And eventually, that's the fun part after you get it.

feynoob

Banned
> Be me
> No map
> NPCs won't direct me

I need map bro
Here is Starfield nexus mod.

Some other relevant mods.

Here is Starfield nexus mod.

Some other relevant mods.

None of those will help cure my red pee

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Bernoulli Bernoulli why are you so concern about Starfield? Have you even played the game? You are constantly downplaying it, making redundant threads about it when it can all be in the OT. You are basically trolling and astroturfing.

@EviLore and mods, this deserves at least a warning right? His obsession is getting a tad ridiculous. It’s like @SenjutsuSage crazy.
I vote to ban! The pitchforks are already out and the town is gathering to either banish OP, or burn him for being a witch.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
what happened to the title ? i just want to discuss about those first hours of the game unless we can't make threads about that

other threads that i post are mostly news without adding my opinion
You're about to have your thread creating priviladges revoked dude.

I would bet that this guy is AfroRepublican.

Also, I don't watch this guy enough to get a sense of where he's coming from, but this video is incredibly annoying because he criticises the game with such confidence when he himself admitted that he didn't even play it for more than 12 hours, and so many of his statements are factually wrong. And there are so many people in the comments on that video who were obviously just looking for someone with a bigger voice to confirm their biases, and it's kinda sad.

This video blows, OP. I wouldn't use it as a gauge on whether or not the game is good, considering that a lot of the things he's saying aren't even accurate or true.

FWIW, Asmongold, another big streaming and content creator, did not like the game either. He also had one of his autosaves not work, because of the way the game weirdly determines when and where to autosave.

ReBurn

Gold Member
> Be me
> No map
> NPCs won't direct me

I need map bro
I went all the way back to mars to treat my puncture lung affliction because thats the only place I know where there's a doctor and the coughing was annoying.

RagnarokIV

You just have to start mentally applying thought to noting where things are. Whetstone is next to SSN which is in the Valberg Building. I somehow have the memorized because I had to look all over to find it, and the SSN landmark was my anchor lol. Look for large objects and chart a path and just mentally note it and you'll get it. And eventually, that's the fun part after you get it.

Surely being a cat astronaut helps.

Top Bottom