• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My last 12 threads are boring, and after that? A ban?

do you like this slow boring start?

• Total voters

Bernoulli

M2 slut
I had someone tell me it was "as fun as reading a book". I don't think they realized how much that spoke of them vs the game.
depends on the book to be fair, sometimes when i start a boo k i can't stop until i finish it

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

what happened to the title ? i just want to discuss about those first hours of the game unless we can't make threads about that

other threads that i post are mostly news without adding my opinion
Did you make that poll? If so, that might have something to do with it.

depends on the book to be fair, sometimes when i start a boo k i can't stop until i finish it
That was my point. Everyone is different, but if your default is book=boring, that's more of a personal thing.

Last edited:

Hudo

I'll be honest with you. I don't doubt that Starfield is a good game. This is supported by a lot of people having fun with it. I also don't doubt that Starfield is a divisive game because Bethesda's marketing was... unfortunate. I am usually alone with my shittakes but it seems that some people share my sentiment of Starfield not being as open as it has been suggested by Bethesda and therefore a disappointment (so much so for me that I lost interest in it). So I am not really invested either way.

So I neither hate it nor love it. I probably forget its existence by the end of the year until it comes up again at the Keighleys.

Keihart

iu

kaizenkko

I'll be honest with you. I don't doubt that Starfield is a good game. This is supported by a lot of people having fun with it. I also don't doubt that Starfield is a divisive game because Bethesda's marketing was... unfortunate. I am usually alone with my shittakes but it seems that some people share my sentiment of Starfield not being as open as it has been suggested by Bethesda and therefore a disappointment (so much so for me that I lost interest in it). So I am not really invested either way.

So I neither hate it nor love it. I probably forget its existence by the end of the year until it comes up again at the Keighleys.
I don't think Starfield will be relevant on The Game Awards. Just a "ok" game.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
what happened to the title ? i just want to discuss about those first hours of the game unless we can't make threads about that
now that game is out i wanted to make this thread to discuss this issue, it seems that the first 12-15 hours of the game are boring and you have to go through all that first before the game improving

i have the game since friday but i was only able to play a little bit so i'm still in the boring zone and i'm feeling like i'm forcing myself to play that's why i stopped,

what is your experience with these 12 first hours did you enjoy it? i find it strange that you have to go through this part before the game getting good ( and i'm not sure it's even true)

I can see why the title was changed.

You’re the thread creator that can’t even give your own opinion because you’ve barely played it; so what’s to discuss? It sounds like you haven’t even played 12hrs, so why is that your measuring stick as to when the game “gets good”?

It’s like you made a thread hoping for more negativity towards the game.

Anyways I’m in the midst of playing other games, but I might set those aside because Starfield is looking and sounding great. Some of those Youtubers are failing at their mission.

Really wasn't my experience at all. There was no "a-ha" moment 10+ hours in for me. I'm 20 hours in now, and still wondering what exactly people are referring to. The game is what it is pretty immediately. I could see enjoying it more, once you adjust expectations accordingly, and play the game on its own terms. But that doesn't take 12 hours. I was having fun pretty much from the start.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I dont know about Starfield since I didn't play the game but I personally didn't mind the slow start in Persona games. It does a nice job introduce you to the characters and the city MC will be living over the year.

With that being said, games with slow start becomes very hard to replay unless they give you the option to skip prologue on 2nd playthrough.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
So we can discuss, opposite of what I quoted.

Thing with OT is that can have too much spoilers. How to discuss something without to much spoilers without another thread?

We've had spoiler threads before. Asking "anyone else find the first 12 hours boring" should be in the review or OT thread, imo.

Last edited:

Kacho

So we can discuss, opposite of what I quoted.

Thing with OT is that can have too much spoilers. How to discuss something without to much spoilers without another thread?
In the context of what the person you quoted was saying, the game just released so we should give people more time to play it before having discussions like the one in the OP.

I can’t help you with your spoilerphobia, man.

Skifi28

Can we also edit the poll options to vote If the OP gets banned or not? Thanks.

Edit: much luv!

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
In the context of what the person you quoted was saying, the game just released so we should give people more time to play it before having discussions like the one in the OP.

I can’t help you with your spoilerphobia, man.
People had already more than 12 hours to play and find these hours boring or not, so the discussion about the first 12 hours can happen.

You can help people with spoilerphobia. Threads spoiler free.

I’m bored as well but need to find a way to push through these first 10 hours. I just want to feel immersed in a game again like Fallout 3.

I’ve been going back to RDR2 (been in my backlog forever), and I might finally be hooked (looks incredible too maxed out/HDR).

Top Bottom