• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My last 12 threads are boring, and after that? A ban?

do you like this slow boring start?

• Total voters

Banjo64

cumsessed
Kzks6GB.jpg

676anx.gif

The more i read about this game the less i care..
i went from extra exclusive edition to normie launch to.. fuck it might get it in a sale . To honestly i don’t want to play it to replying on gaf i hate the fucking game
And all of that without even playing the game. Amazing! But you're in good company. There are quite a few people here that can tell you everything that's wrong and boring with th e game without ever launching it.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
And all of that without even playing the game. Amazing! But you're in good company. There are quite a few people here that can tell you everything that's wrong and boring with th e game without ever launching it.
Stay safe

KungFucius

King Snowflake
now that game is out i wanted to make this thread to discuss this issue, it seems that the first 12-15 hours of the game are boring and you have to go through all that first before the game improving

i have the game since friday but i was only able to play a little bit so i'm still in the boring zone and i'm feeling like i'm forcing myself to play that's why i stopped, i will come back to the game later in a few months when i get a new GPU but the performance after updating my drivers is ok but the game looks like old gen.

what is your experience with these 12 first hours did you enjoy it? i find it strange that you have to go through this part before the game getting good ( and i'm not sure it's even true)

these are some reviews that talk about this issue

I can't even change the settings. 4090 and it runs in windowed sub 1080p with no option to increase resolution. I need to edit an ini and that gets me full screen but if I then change any setting it revers back to the sub 1080p bullshit. Getting it to run FS was exciting and angering so there is that. Other than that I am only an hour in.

Unknown?

Speak for your goddamn self thank you very much, and no your thread title isn't fact.
If you are bored with it, sure, fine, nobody can force you to have different interests, but I haven't been bored a single second.

Calling it a slow start is also just an incredible misnomer, the game throws you into the deep end almost immediately; oh hi we were just about to mine som- pirate attack! Oh hey I like you, here's my ship for free, and a cool companion as well. What you need to go do? lol whatever you want my guy.

Maybe the lack of pure hand held, brain turned off, cinematic experience is too overwhelming for you which you mistake for boring.
Maybe you've been starved for games for so long that anything is thrilling? Anything's possible.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I was definitely wondering in the beginning about when the game would get good. It did though and it was awesome when it did.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Did I make the drive by joke about running for 14 minutes in a straight line yet?

I have?

Twice?

...is this a gold mine thread yet? Malignant cunt, etc.

Speak for your goddamn self thank you very much, and no your thread title isn't fact.
If you are bored with it, sure, fine, nobody can force you to have different interests, but I haven't been bored a single second.

Calling it a slow start is also just an incredible misnomer, the game throws you into the deep end almost immediately; oh hi we were just about to mine som- pirate attack! Oh hey I like you, here's my ship for free, and a cool companion as well. What you need to go do? lol whatever you want my guy.

Maybe the lack of pure hand held, brain turned off, cinematic experience is too overwhelming for you which you mistake for boring.

Is this the new "Square just shot themselves in the foot"?

Also, uh...this wasn't the original thread title? Oh man...

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I’m hoping the game allows me to effectively role play this legend:
The funniest thing is they actually made a movie about her...starring Natalie Portman.
I skimmed the article. I must had missed the entire debacle back then because it sounds fantastic. Some key funnies:

1. Dressed up in a wig, trench coat, and adult diapers? WTF?

2. Drove 950 miles to face off with her rival

3. Caught with other gear like rope, BB gun, steel hammer and various other shit

4. Pepper sprayed the rival

5. Lawyer tried to argue she should have no bail since she didn't attempt to kidnap, but just to speak to someone

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I skimmed the article. I must had missed the entire debacle back then because it sounds fantastic. Some key funnies:

1. Dressed up in a wig, trench coat, and adult diapers? WTF?

2. Drove 950 miles to face off with her rival

3. Caught with other gear like rope, BB gun, steel hammer and various other shit

4. Pepper sprayed the rival

5. Lawyer tried to argue she should have no bail since she didn't attempt to kidnap, but just to speak to someone
And none of that was in the movie!

K2D

Banned
Too bad about the downwards trajectory since Oblivion, but I'm oddly drawn to trying this despite all things.

Top Bottom