• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My last 12 threads are boring, and after that? A ban?

do you like this slow boring start?

• Total voters

Topher

Gold Member
Confused Season 3 GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Check the first name on the list. You are in good company.

Mr Hyde

I reckon OP didn't expect this sudden turn of events, lmao. First time a see I ban poll on GAF. Console warriors should tread carefully next time around 🤣

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
My issue is I tried to play it like Skyrim or fallout which are open world games. In those games you leave the vault/cave and can run in any direction. As you do you find main story towns, events, caves for combat with crazy loot, scripted events galore.

Starfield quickly funnels you into New Atlantis which is a mistake in my opinion. I think Cydonia or Akila would’ve been a smaller and more approachable starting town with quests that get you out killing stuff.

When you drop in Atlantis and try to play the Skyrim mentality of let’s talk to everyone here it doesn’t lead you to a small crypt in town with skeletons to break up the talking. Nor is a quest 20 feet outside of town to go tackle and come right back. Due to the disconnectedness of the planets you leaving Atlantis can take you somewhere that leads to a ton of activities but they could be the less grade filler ones.

I’ve spent over 50 hours in starfield and it’s all been from quests picked up specifically from Atlantis of which it took me roughly 10 hours to talk to everyone it seemed like.

So when people say it gets good after 10-12 it’s true because if you did what I did you goofed. You should plow through main story stuff and get involved in main faction quests like crimson fleet or UC to see the very well crafted content this game offers. There’s a LOT of this amazing stuff to do but it is far too easy for a player to miss out on it for such a long time due to initial structuring of the game.

It just needed to funnel folks into more of its good stuff out the gate—- not new Atlantis.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Need to act fast OP

Shit on PlayStation, show us a pic of your Series S, ask adamsapple adamsapple if you can have the other testicle. Anything.

You can still survive
i have an Elite controller and i create new accounts to use free gamepass trials does that count?
i sold my series s a few months ago
i just picked starfield again and it instantly clicked: GOTG
Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

Last edited:

DeVeAn

I can’t take this seriously especially after just seeing the thumbnail of the guy or girl?

Posting YouTuber opinions as some kind of proof yuck.

Game has issues no doubt. Just play something else if it’s too “slow”.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
There’s a LOT of this amazing stuff to do but it is far too easy for a player to miss out on it for such a long time due to initial structuring of the game.

It just needed to funnel folks into more of its good stuff out the gate—- not new Atlantis.
This is why I love it. They finally went back to Morrowind style design instead of making it more casual. They just let you find shit and don't guide you at all. Not even a city map. It's amazing. Morrowind also starts slow.

I didn't click with Oblivion, or Skyrim that much comparatively.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
This is why I love it. They finally went back to Morrowind style design instead of making it more casual. They just let you find shit and don't guide you at all. Not even a city map. It's amazing. Morrowind also starts slow.

I didn't click with Oblivion, or Skyrim that much comparatively.

Exactly me too.

Having or gaining a natural sense of direction is a pain in the ass nowadays apparently.

Top Bottom